IGNORED

Aden Flint - Full Respect

Steve Watts

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I have total respect for this guy.

From his twitter feed last night....

"No excuses at all today, my performance was terrible, let the boys down, credit to them for gettin back into the game. #bcfc"

I've no idea how he played....predictably the errors of he who shall not be named seemed to overshadow any poor performance from AF, but fair play to the lad for holding his hand up and taking some responsibility for his actions.

Everyone will have a poor game from time to time, but a lot of the battle comes down to attitude and this boys seems first class.

I know you can't read too much from Twitter but it's definitely a positive that (at least) 4 players have taken to Twitter to express their frustration and apologise to the fans. I know it's results that ultimately count but, between that and the nature of the comeback, at least I feel now we've got players who clearly actually give a damn.

Seems the new players are the ones happy to hold their hands up and apologise to the fans. Very refreshing after the last couple of years of crap performances followed by deafening silence from the players. I think fans are a lot happier when the players appear to be as gutted about the result as they are and show a willingness to improve. Very different to the Us and Them reactions we have had in the past...

I know you can't read too much from Twitter but it's definitely a positive that (at least) 4 players have taken to Twitter to express their frustration and apologise to the fans. I know it's results that ultimately count but, between that and the nature of the comeback, at least I feel now we've got players who clearly actually give a damn.

That's the thing, he's not gone into hiding like so many did last season, he's faced up to the mistakes he's made and will learn from them, better for him, better for us.

It seems quite a few had an off-day yesterday especially in the first half, it's not down to one player as a lot of people are saying. It saddens me that City fans always have to have one player who is seen as the scapegoat for any bad things that happen. Before Fontaine it was Lee Johnson, in the past I remember it happened to Brian Tinnion for a while. It's only going to make that player even worse as he knows any mistake he makes will be shouted from the rooftops while any good bit of play gets ignored.

Seems the new players are the ones happy to hold their hands up and apologise to the fans. Very refreshing after the last couple of years of crap performances followed by deafening silence from the players. I think fans are a lot happier when the players appear to be as gutted about the result as they are and show a willingness to improve. Very different to the Us and Them reactions we have had in the past...

Firstly I'm not a Gary Johnson basher but this mentality of 'defeat did not happen' from the players was prominent in Johnson's days and it's his players that have been more reserved in their apologies. They also don't tend to be on twitter - with exceptions obviously (Kilkenny) I think it's a case of telling these players they should be performing better and they should make it better in their next performance, whereas the new players can do better and they have a hunger to prove themselves.

Unfortunately the 'seige' mentality doesn't sit well with defending like that (sunday), not for the fans anyway!

For me the kid is captain in waiting. Bosses it at the back, but didnt seem very vocal. Surprisingly good touch as well. I didn't think he played that badly. We play a high line, with full backs pushing on, so he's always going to get found out with his lack of pace. It just means we need to either sit deeper, which should give the midfield more space to play, or ask Maloney to sit more.

For me the kid is captain in waiting. Bosses it at the back, but didnt seem very vocal. Surprisingly good touch as well. I didn't think he played that badly. We play a high line, with full backs pushing on, so he's always going to get found out with his lack of pace. It just means we need to either sit deeper, which should give the midfield more space to play, or ask Maloney to sit more.

This - I mentioned in the other threads - Flint is good in the air, but lacks any pace - if we play a high defensive line we are always going to struggle with long balls over the top - he needs someone with pace to partner him, and Fontaine is not that man.

I don't have no problem with them going out at all. No one stops me going out if I've had a bad day at work. Heard someone say yesterday that they were training today, that's why I found it abit strange. Anyone know for definate if they are in today?

Names? Me personally, if I was in their position after yesterday, then I wouldn't of gone on the lash,by all means get on it after a win,bit of a piss take really IMO if true

Easy to take photos out of proportion (assuming it was twitter photos etc) If they go out and have 1 or 2 pints that's fine IMO but anything more and we have the old problem. Personally if I was a pro footballer I would be tee total though...

Easy to take photos out of proportion (assuming it was twitter photos etc) If they go out and have 1 or 2 pints that's fine IMO but anything more and we have the old problem. Personally if I was a pro footballer I would be tee total though...

Just had a look on twitter and couldn't see anything... Were they actually out? Or is it a 'probably' moment?

Ah, so you encourage a bit of fun take photos of them including your mate and then shit stir on a forum with the intention of creating ill feeling? Brilliant.

Against modern football? Against the ******* Hello magazine gossip girl generation more like. How sad.

Ring Mbargo's if you don't believe me? Hopefully Mbargos will put some photos of last night on their website. You may see them then.

I ain't going to lose any sleep over it if you don't want to believe me.

Ring Mbargo's if you don't believe me? Hopefully Mbargos will put some photos of last night on their website. You may see them then.

I ain't going to lose any sleep over it if you don't want to believe me.

Never said I don't believe you, just think you're a penis for grassing and stirring.

Archived