IGNORED

Bristol City V Swindon Match Thread

Lordofthebling

Bristol City will face Swindon Town in three 30 minute periods at the training ground.

@bcfctweets: #BristolCity: Fielding; Moloney, Flint, Williams, Cunningham; Kilkenny, Pack, Elliott, Wagstaff; Emmanuel-Thomas, Baldock.

Liam Fontaine misses out with a rib injury.

Interesting... So it seems SOD is clearly not happy with Sundays game. Gives Williams a chance to shine. Fonts is injured? Hmmmmm.

so if we let in a bag full who can we blame?!

Luckily Fielding's playing.

Edited bit:

And as a last resort we can always say that the players were still recovering from having to play the role of two or three players to cover Font's on Sunday.

Why is Kilkenny playing again?! If you were bobby Reid or joe Bryan you'd be pretty ****** off by now. Maybe switch teams every 30 though...you'd hope...

In the absence of Fonts someone has to step up to the plate and take the blame. Kilkenny is the natural replacement.

Thought this was some kind of joke at first, why are we playing a friendly with a full strength squad against a team in our division? A team that we face in a months time?

I think it's because SOD wants to analyse our 'first team' against someone in our division in a friendly match so he can use any tactics, subs etc and it won't matter if the tactics come off because it's a friendly. He wont's to see where our weaknesses our to improve on. I think it's very smart of him to do this!

It's a practice match.

We don't have a midweek match. Apart from the one with the 'dodgy ribs', it's the same side that started on Sunday.

I guess they are being given the chance to 'work Sunday's performance out of their system' so to speak.

Think of it like a batsman who is out cheaply having a net afterwards. N

Why is Kilkenny playing again?! If you were bobby Reid or joe Bryan you'd be pretty ****** off by now. Maybe switch teams every 30 though...you'd hope...

Look at it another way. Reid and Bryant were not responsible for Sundays debacle, they've probably been told as much and are glad they don't have to go through with what is, probably, a pretty humiliating exercise for the players selected.

I think it's because SOD wants to analyse our 'first team' against someone in our division in a friendly match so he can use any tactics, subs etc and it won't matter if the tactics come off because it's a friendly. He wont's to see where our weaknesses our to improve on. I think it's very smart of him to do this!

It won't be because we're playing against the reserve swindon side

It's a practice match.

We don't have a midweek match. Apart from the one with the 'dodgy ribs', it's the same side that started on Sunday.

I guess they are being given the chance to 'work Sunday's performance out of their system so to speak'.

Yea the more I think about it actually could be a bit of a masterstroke from SOD. Especially with the 3 bouts of 30 minutes he gets plenty of chance to have a word with the team if he's not happy with what hes seeing.

Archived