IGNORED

Trade-It

old_eastender

well done, great confidence builder

This, if a City fan is responsible.

I expect he is fully aware of our frustrations with his form, don't see how some extra humiliation is going to help the situation. Surely it can only make things worse.

I'm sure people will point out how much he gets paid and how he should be able to handle the piss taking but at the end of the day if he's picked on Saturday we are relying on him to get it right. That's even less likely if his confidence is further shot to ****!

This, if a City fan is responsible.

I expect he is fully aware of our frustrations with his form, don't see how some extra humiliation is going to help the situation. Surely it can only make things worse.

I'm sure people will point out how much he gets paid and how he should be able to handle the piss taking but at the end of the day if he's picked on Saturday we are relying on him to get it right. That's even less likely if his confidence is further shot to ****!

Hopefully, if he's got any spuds, he'll want to ram it back down the throats of his detractors and show them he's not as bad as they all think.

Not that I expect him to be in the starting XI on Saturday.

Whilst I agree that Fonts has been awful over the past couple of seasons, I can't see the need to be so malicious towards him. I sincerely hope that he doesn't play on Saturday (for his own sake as much as anything) but when he is finally dropped I wonder who will be the new whipping boy who gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. I get the impression it might be Fielding, but could be anyone. Also who do we reckon is going to be the next hero who can never do anything wrong now that Albert has gone - JET maybe? Reading this forum is sometimes depressingly familiar - some players who are always considered rubbish e.g. Lee Johnson and others who never apparently do anything wrong, when in fact most players will have good and bad days and good and bad aspects to their game. As for the original post I don't find it particularly funny and it doesn't exactly give the best impression of us as fans to any gasheads etc who come on here.

The internet is a wonderful thing. However, it is also the medium that enables clever dicks to massage their own ego's by stunts like this, and with little thought as to the impact their "bit of fun" will have on the victim while conveniently retaining their own anonymity from behind the keyboard.

We all know that Liam has suffered a nightmare over the last season and I think many will agree that on the pitch his confidence seems pretty well shot to ribbons. We would all like him to be the player that Saints were willing to pay £1m for, as I'm sure would SOD, but sadly that seems beyond him just now. Just how is it going to help his self confidence to read what so called City fans have to say about him on the club's own message board, let alone the humiliating ridicule such as the trade it item?

Banter from football fans is part and parcel of the game, and hopefully will remain so in the future. Some of that banter will be having a dig at players and we've had a few scapegoats over recent season - Lee Johnson comes to mind. The situation with Fontaine goes well beyond banter, and beyond every other situation I can recall in the past, with some real vitriol being posted on here. I suspect that a majority of sensible fans want Fonts dropped for his own sake, and not just for the benefit of the team but it seems that some have an almost vendetta like campaign against him.

I don't see any way in which Fonts' rehabilitation can continue in the first team and hope that SOD agrees with this sooner rather than later, and like citymum want this as much for Liam's own good, as for the good of the team - I think he has suffered enough.

Whilst I agree that Fonts has been awful over the past couple of seasons, I can't see the need to be so malicious towards him. I sincerely hope that he doesn't play on Saturday (for his own sake as much as anything) but when he is finally dropped I wonder who will be the new whipping boy who gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. I get the impression it might be Fielding, but could be anyone. Also who do we reckon is going to be the next hero who can never do anything wrong now that Albert has gone - JET maybe? Reading this forum is sometimes depressingly familiar - some players who are always considered rubbish e.g. Lee Johnson and others who never apparently do anything wrong, when in fact most players will have good and bad days and good and bad aspects to their game. As for the original post I don't find it particularly funny and it doesn't exactly give the best impression of us as fans to any gasheads etc who come on here.

Of all the whipping boys of yesteryear - Hewlett, Burnell, Woodman, Savage, Dinning, Johnson you name them..I have never, ever, ever,ever,ever,ever,ever..infininite.. lambasted any of our players to any degree than I have Fontaine, now. Not even mustered a single malicious word about any of them. That is how strongly I feel that the bloke should not be playing for City.

Neither can I remember one player being so roundly turned on by City fans. I stand to be corrected on that but even Bas had his sympathisers and people felt a sense of endearment to him. Remember Liam Robinson(?) ran into trouble with us but was too young to understand what was going on and did he ever play for us again after that? Chelsea friendly was it?

ps/haven't even clicked on the link.

Definitely a case of bullying now. I feel sorry for Liam, if your reading this mate, ignore them.

Do you expect anything else mate? Reminds me of Del Boy this, when ridiculous abuse via pictures (like this) and torrents of personal attacks by supporters were totally unnecessary and unwarranted regardless of he was upto the task or not.. Not even that ****** Pulis got half the abuse

If people are going to criticise a player or manager, make it constructive about his footballing/management ability not some stupid picture or personal attack. Fonts has clearly lost his form but before he was a good defender... I do think though for the good of himself and the team he should be dropped to get himself together, has become far too comfortable.

I don't. Liam if you're reading this, knuckle down and sort it out or do one.

Start earning that considerable crust.

So you think to turn Liam around you think abuse and tough love comments will work?

Unfortunately not, he needs support and I for one will give it to him. Do not forget footballers also have lives. For we know he could be going through a personal matter regarding himself, family member or a friend. Personal life effects the working like dramatically and there could be a chance Liam is suffering from this.

Come on Liam son, the past is the past swallow the guilt and look ahead. Say sod it to everything else and smash that wall and show the OTIB forum you can do it.

:city: CTID

I don't. Liam if you're reading this, knuckle down and sort it out or do one.

Start earning that considerable crust.

Damn right.

Furthermore I don't see the Trade It thing as a personal attack, more a fair reflection on his current footballing ability.

When you play so badly week in, week out, you become fair game.

No one (to my knowledge) has slagged off his mum, they've just stated that he's rubbish at football, which is undeniably true at present.

So Liam, if you are reading this, buck your ideas up. (No pun intended)

Archived