IGNORED

Trade-It

old_eastender

May I just point out that I did not create the Trade-It ad, nor do I know who did, I posted because (shoot me now) I did find it wickidly amusing. I genuinely apologise to those that have taken offense, I grew up in an era where PC stood for Police Constable.

I would like to give food for thought to all those who have taken the morale high ground here though... Mr.Fontaine almost certainly earns (or rather receives) more money each week that probably 99% of fans can dream about making in a month. If any of us performed so poorly, making repeated mistakes week after week, we would have been shown the door long since.

May I just point out that I did not create the Trade-It ad, nor do I know who did, I posted because (shoot me now) I did find it wickidly amusing. I genuinely apologise to those that have taken offense, I grew up in an era where PC stood for Police Constable.

I would like to give food for thought to all those who have taken the morale high ground here though... Mr.Fontaine almost certainly earns (or rather receives) more money each week that probably 99% of fans can dream about making in a month. If any of us performed so poorly, making repeated mistakes week after week, we would have been shown the door long since.

Wouldn't worry too much mate, it's a bit of fun, not that amusing to me but it is to others. That's the way of the world.

It would be interesting to see how some of those offended would act if this ad was directed at John Terry, Joey Barton or a Rovers player though.

Wouldn't worry too much mate, it's a bit of fun, not that amusing to me but it is to others. That's the way of the world.

It would be interesting to see how some of those offended would act if this ad was directed at John Terry, Joey Barton or a Rovers player though.

Very true glyn, I suspect some people hitting their morale high ground have in the past found this type of thing funny when it doesn't concern city players.

Personally don't find it funny, been done to death a million times. Just like watching a comedian doing the same routine for 15 years. Bit like the avon, tony rougier and pardew gags

If Fontaine is effected mentally by such things, then he certainly picked the wrong career. Not that I am belittling such issues, but people should choose their life paths carefully if they are effected adversely through negativity. (Not that I am suggesting fonts has a illness)

Not sure it's a case of anybody actually being 'offended' as such Glyn (it certainly doesn't offend me) more thinking along the lines that it doesn't make the situation any better. I'm not suggesting that any of our players are above criticism btw.

Paradoxically, I think he should have been taken out of first team action a long time ago in an attempt to sort out his form and confidence.

Not sure it's a case of anybody actually being 'offended' as such Glyn (it certainly doesn't offend me) more thinking along the lines that it doesn't make the situation any better. I'm not suggesting that any of our players are above criticism btw.

Paradoxically, I think he should have been taken out of first team action a long time ago in an attempt to sort out his form and confidence.

You're probably right, although one poster has labelled it as bullying.

I'd rather he got a bit of grief on here than from the crowd if he is playing on Saturday mind. (I'd be surprised if he is though)

Don't see the need to try and humiliate or villify the guy.

Yep he's struggling and has been for a while now, and yes he's obviously very low on confidence. Can't see how stunts like this will help really.

Anyway, as a few have pointed out, very old joke now. I remember one of the first instances of this was an advert in Chesterfield's local paper many moons ago saying "11 wooden clowns for sale, all reasonable offers accepted, telephone...(club telephone number)" - thought that was vaguely amusing at the time as it was original and didn't single out just one player.

Oh Dear how embarrassing for Bristol, let alone football, is it any wonder we are in the 3rd tier.

It never happens anywhere else does it.

Look at Rooney, the Man U fans love him, apart from booing him occasionally on the pitch, and that Suarez bloke, adored by Liverpool fans for wanting to further his career, just check out there forum.

Yep, it's totally a Bristol thing.

What a load of nonsense, if calling him a few names on a forum away from the pitch and using a few choice words after another crap performance is bad, I can only guess you slept through the 70's 80's and 90's at football grounds or you are new to the game. Fans used to give dogs abuse to players on a Saturday at the game, as well as firing off at managers and owners. I would say having this forum has actually shielded players from hearing the anger that would usually be directed at them on the pitch, a certain Brian Tinnion took on board a lot of deserved criticism from the stands and knuckled down, eventually he turned the fans around with good performances on the pitch.

Fontaine doesn't have to read this, if he chooses to, then he's lucky that he isn't getting this fired at him from the stands, his performances are woeful and have been for some time.

This threadis irrelevant inmho as I believe fonts has played his last game for city.being protected maybe by the 'injury" he has suffered but we all know he's been dropped now and just cant see a way back for him as his self confidence and the fans confidence in him is gone forever.not saying he cant make a recovery at another club but his errors on the pitch have been so regular and happened so often that its game over now.loaned out for now is probably the best option at the moment for the player so some respite can happen for himself and the supporters.

Oh Dear how embarrassing for Bristol, let alone football, is it any wonder we are in the 3rd tier.

We're in the third tier because players like this have been tolerated for too long as no one has the bullocks to run them out of town because it appears we're more concerned with not hurting someone's feelings than having a winning football team.

I am new to this football thing you say? :facepalm:

Giving abuse to players on the pitch is one thing, even on a Forum like this is acceptable, putting up this cheap shot in a cheap site is another thing entirely, classless and cowardly my trailer trash friend :yes:

So you completely ignored the point that all clubs do the same then and it's not a Bristol City thing at all like you said.

Typically though, people who live like you high up there on the morale high ground choose to focus on the fans of the club instead of the issue of a player who shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

Cheap shot, not following what you are on about, I made a comment about why it is more acceptable to say these things on a forum where Fontaine can choose to read or not read, merely stating that in the past he would not have the luxury of this choice but would be subjected to the fans fury at the game.

If that is a cheap shot, you are a very delicate human being and being around football forums or matches is possibly not for you.

We're in the third tier because players like this have been tolerated for too long as no one has the bullocks to run them out of town because it appears we're more concerned with not hurting someone's feelings than having a winning football team.

Disagree mate . Fonts has produced consistently and has shown he can be a top defender. He should not be picked at the moment on form stretching back a while but if he is what is he supposed to do?

This is why I hate OTIB at the moment. It really is just full of the most pointless threads. Its like reading the Beano at times.... And at least the Beano was slightly amusing, and all of the unfunny shite gets churned out at EVERY opportunity... ie "I blame lee Johnson", "Was he seen at the Avon Gorge", "is he renting a house from Alan Curbishley" yadda, yadda, yadda... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I joined this forum back in 1998 and it was awesome back then, and guess what, people used to debate!!! Amazing eh. If you had a different opinion you would debate your sides, but now, its basically "you know nothing about football' or "you smell of wee wee"... its pathetic.

Nothing to do with pc it's the sort of thing that was done fifteen years ago Maybe twenty odd when fanzines appeared. It's that far past original now even the Gas would do it. To give it a bit of balance there is nothing on this forum that shows fans attempting to be positive just two games into the season. Bit crap this forum support land

This is why I hate OTIB at the moment. It really is just full of the most pointless threads. Its like reading the Beano at times.... And at least the Beano was slightly amusing, and all of the unfunny shite gets churned out at EVERY opportunity... ie "I blame lee Johnson", "Was he seen at the Avon Gorge", "is he renting a house from Alan Curbishley" yadda, yadda, yadda... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I joined this forum back in 1998 and it was awesome back then, and guess what, people used to debate!!! Amazing eh. If you had a different opinion you would debate your sides, but now, its basically "you know nothing about football' or "you smell of wee wee"... its pathetic.

I'd give the Ryan Taylor thread a miss then mate!!

Archived