IGNORED

Worst City Players?

bcfcrobin1

Fonts has got to be up there. Some of the players mentioned have been completely ineffective, but Fonts has been a level below that and has cost us numerous points

But unlike most of the other players mentioned here, he has had good games. I'm not saying that's an excuse for him playing now, but he can hardly be mentioned in the same breath as Nicky Hunt, who was god awful in each of his appearances for us, culmulating in him single handedly losing our game away to Leeds.

Carl Hutchings.

Nicky Hunt.

Kevin Betsy.

Bas Savage (Our very own Ali Dia)

For all of his natural talent for slapstick and his total inability to score goals Bas played an effective role alongside Steve Brooker in a very successful half-season (Spring 06) and for this he doesn't warrant inclusion in this list. History suggests that GJ liked what he saw and went on to sign a dozen strikers (either permanent or on loan) who presented no more threat on the opposition goal.

Clemens Zwijnenberg

Nicky Hunt

Bas Savage

Ralph Milne

Ryan Taylor

Bootham Crescent Spring 1988 0:0 clock ticking down - cometh the hour cometh the Man - Milne - impossible angle - lobs the keeper - 1:0 - City on the way to the play-offs

Ashton Gate November 1988 Coppell's Crystal Palace flying high in Division 2 on their way to promotion c/w Wright and Bright brought down to earth by Bristol City's best performance in a decade driven on by a majestic Ralph Milne - a performance too good to keep Manchester United away from him.

Performances all too rare for us and his other clubs - but on occasions among the best players we have had in three decades - surely enough to keep him out of a list of the worst??

Useless players

We've got three,

Fonts and Marv and Kill Kenny

With a nick nack paddywack come on SOD old son

We won't win owt til they've all gone

Whatever crimes they may have recently committed (and in Marv's case I can think of none) their inclusion in a list of worst players would make the list meaningless - Both have played many more good games than bad although Liam seems to be working on changing that

With Davies and Adomah both being fee paying transfers as well as the wages of Adomah, Heaton, Davies, Nyatanga, Stead and co saved I'm sure we have enough free budget to cover a loan, even with the acquisitions we've made.

Forbes-Phillipson Masters...And no this is not an estate agent or firm of solicitors...has to be one of the worst for those that remember him.Working as a painter and decorator now,says Wikipedia!!

You cannot look further than Brian Mitchell as already mentioned. I have been watching since 1988 and he has got to take it for the worst player in that time, by a country mile!

Whilst my visits to AG are far and few between in recent years, Mitchell remains the worst player I can recall. In my opinion any list that excludes him is invalid.

Archived