IGNORED

England Vs Scotland Match Thread

Robin 101

Just got this gem sent my way on FB: League one with an owner worth hundreds of millions of pounds who Co-owns a massive investment fund! Good thing he's given up on you and bought the rugby. put as much money as you want into shit, it's still shit! City are Derek chisora, rovers are Floyd Mayweather by comparison! enjoy the memories of your past under the sugar daddy, your future is bleak!

Hm, can you ask your mate to expand on his outlandish claims, possibly support them with some form of reason?

Might have to speak slowly, possibly offer some examples of non-delusional, rational statents but if he is a true mate you should stick by him.

Hm, can you ask your mate to expand on his outlandish claims, possibly support them with some form of reason?

Might have to speak slowly, possibly offer some examples of non-delusional, rational statents but if he is a true mate you should stick by him.

That could be tough, he's given up now, it's just, he was celebrating Lambert's goal and wrote something like 'When was the last time a shithead did that?' so when i told him John Atyeo did the same, he said that didn't happen as we didn't exist. That old chestnut!

Just got this gem sent my way on FB:

League one with an owner worth hundreds of millions of pounds who Co-owns a massive investment fund! Good thing he's given up on you and bought the rugby. put as much money as you want into shit, it's still shit! City are Derek chisora, rovers are Floyd Mayweather by comparison! enjoy the memories of your past under the sugar daddy, your future is bleak!

He sounds like an anus.

Delete him immediately.

That could be tough, he's given up now, it's just, he was celebrating Lambert's goal and wrote something like 'When was the last time a shithead did that?' so when i told him John Atyeo did the same, he said that didn't happen as we didn't exist. That old chestnut!

Thing I've noticed with these gas heads is they have no claim to pride, even locally, so they make a meal of any crumb they can.

Tell your mate that its the supporters that make a club, not legal technicalities and if all hes got after that is Lambert tonight tell him there was more reference to beetroot than there was sags and thats what it meant in the national eye.No mention of sadsags.

Obviously tell him to get a life as well, if hes a mate that is.

Stephen Caulker scored on his England debut!!!!

Welbeck did have a good game in my opinion. It's strange that you can be picked for England on the back of one league goal all season though.

Pleased to see Lambert get on and score, shame that he couldn't finish the second one.

I've never understood why Welbeck gets so much grief. His scoring record is poor for a striker but he probably plays 90% of his football for ManUre and England out wide. He's got more technical ability- first touch, flicks and going past a man- than most available and he had a very good game last night

As for Lambert, he played well when he came on and played well last season. However, I would say that rather than being the Messiah he's actually a very naughty boy; if he'd not pissed about in the early part of his career and stayed off the pints and pies, he might have been making his debut 5 or 6 years ago when he'd be useful to England in the long term rather than just a nice story for the papers

We'll have to see what happens in terms of where players play next season but I'd personally like to see Rooney playing off Sturridge, with Welbeck or The Ox playing left and Walcott right. Then Wilshere and (by default really) Gerrard in CM. It'll be interesting to see how much Zaha plays at Utd this season as he'd be another possible for a wide berth. Also Redmond was very good for U21s on Tuesday, I wonder if he can push on at Norwich

I'd like to say that I actually think Welbeck is a good player. His goalscoring record is poor though and whilst it's not the sole thing that centre forwards should be judged on it's certainly not ideal. If he can rectify that then I think he could be some player.

On the flip side his scoring record for England, at a touch under one in three, isn't bad at all.

I hate United and have a unreasonable dislike for all of their players, but Welbeck is class.

Same sorts of fans who refuse to acknowledge the Heskeys, Taylor's etc of this world don't like Welbeck...

He needs a proper goal scorer next to him, but England lack that. Sturridge could be that guy, but he's inconsistent and hasn't done it at the top level (Europe and international)

I hate United and have a unreasonable dislike for all of their players, but Welbeck is class.

Same sorts of fans who refuse to acknowledge the Heskeys, Taylor's etc of this world don't like Welbeck...

He needs a proper goal scorer next to him, but England lack that. Sturridge could be that guy, but he's inconsistent and hasn't done it at the top level (Europe and international)

I just think he's an attacking midfielder misidentified as a striker.

Strikers score goals. If they don't, and you play two up front, you've halved your goal threat.

I do agree that Welbeck detractors overlook the other attributes he brings to the side.

I just think he's an attacking midfielder misidentified as a striker.

Strikers score goals. If they don't, and you play two up front, you've halved your goal threat.

I do agree that Welbeck detractors overlook the other attributes he brings to the side.

I think the thing that means he's better up front than in the CAM hole is that he is good with his back to goal. Better to have him those few yards further forward to effect the game better than have him too deep. Gone are the days that there are two out an out goal scorers in a side, unless they are playing wider as inside forwards.

4-4-2 just doesn't work as you lose the midfield battle.

I think the thing that means he's better up front than in the CAM hole is that he is good with his back to goal. Better to have him those few yards further forward to effect the game better than have him too deep. Gone are the days that there are two out an out goal scorers in a side, unless they are playing wider as inside forwards.

4-4-2 just doesn't work as you lose the midfield battle.

Hmmm, Coventry managed quite well with the outdated system on Saturday, but I do take your point that you wouldn't want Welbeck to drop too deep. He's gotta be there supplying assists or he's not doing anything.

After going last night, I won't comment on the game as you all had a better view than I did from your armchairs, but in terms of the atmosphere, I can safely say stick to away games for England. The Scots had a right laugh although I was surprised too see them go quiet after each time we scored, they creates a decent atmosphere, however annoying they were on the bloody tubes!!! England doesn't seem to have a dedicated singing area which is a shame because surely out of all the great fans we have in this country from various teams would like to support England with a sing song as well? I did very much enjoy my time in wembley, but if you haven't been to an England away game yet definitely give it a go over a home game, it's not even that much more these days.

Archived