IGNORED

Favourite City Players

Rob Newman, Bob Taylor, Smudger, Nicky Morgan, Scott Murray, Martin Scott and for some reason Matty Hill

Honurable mentions to Tommy D, Shaun Taylor and Jackie (although overhyped, he could make a drab game more intersting with an exquisite piece of skill), Brennan Barnard, Bell

i was around on the 70's, but i was relly to young to appreciate what we had then. So it is the guys above that made most impression on me

I'm a bit younger than the majority on this forum (18), although I have been a season ticket since 2001 but I was only a bit of a nipper then, I'd have to say my favourite players to watch would probably be either Sproule, Tins, or Hartley, the former most for the sheer pace (like his goal against So'ton.) and the latter two for their quality on the ball

When i started watching it was Alan Walsh.

Ditto the one and only for me.....when i started getting into footy i was 8 and it was the 85/86 season and for the next 3 seasons at least Walsh was our top scorer and my idol, always was and always will be. I cried my eyes out when he left for Besiktas, the only player that did that since was Bob Taylor who comes a close second to Alan Walsh

Bob Taylor was my first City favorate, I also liked Martin Scott, thought he was different class. Only went occassionally ad a kid as my old man couldn't afford to regularly take us all but fairly sure I would have seen Cole and Jacki play.

Tinman and Murray also up there as was Bell. Shaun Taylor, Goater .. the list goes on. Never saw Gow or anyone like that, sadly.

Archived