IGNORED

Changes To Otib Vote

Ian M

changes to otib  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can we have this one as City only or anything that relates to us and a separate forum for talk about general football (might aswell call it the Liverpool forum)

I'm a football fan and take a interest in all football but over the past few months there has become less and less City content and more general football content (well Liverpool really) it becomes tiresome having to look through everything else just to find stuff about City

Because sometimes i.e. NTTDs weird and random threads are hilarious and wouldn't be as funny if in "non-football" chat. To me it's like comedians, you are saying people aren't comedian's because you don't find them funny, and on the other hand a lot of others do.

A forum is about opinions, you have the weird and wonderful. This is being stopped through this.

this hit the nail on the head for me

Because sometimes i.e. NTTDs weird and random threads are hilarious and wouldn't be as funny if in "non-football" chat. To me it's like comedians, you are saying people aren't comedian's because you don't find them funny, and on the other hand a lot of others do.

A forum is about opinions, you have the weird and wonderful. This is being stopped through this.

Also regarding posters who start threads and don't contribute, you don't know the reason why they aren't contributing and shouldn't make assumptions.

And just as many people have commented that the forum is a better place without such posts, I am we'll aware as I have said we please some and upset others.

And perhaps you shouldn't assume that I am assuming. I can see posting patterns and it has also been noted by others. Threads are deliberately started to cause controversy, people ask the OP to respond and he/she doesn't and then usually develops into a slanging match or who can shout the loudest. The poster will then start another thread and do exactly the same time and time again. I don't think having a forum full of trolls adds very much do you?

• Admin

Why don't keep it as it is, but move threads not in relevant places.

Don't ask them if it's ok, just move them.

Also regarding posters who start threads and don't contribute, you don't know the reason why they aren't contributing and shouldn't make assumptions.

1st post you advise us to keep separate football/non football forums.

2nd post you say we are stifling opinions by keeping separate football/non football forums.

Looks like trolling to me.

And just as many people have commented that the forum is a better place without such posts, I am we'll aware as I have said we please some and upset others.

And perhaps you shouldn't assume that I am assuming. I can see posting patterns and it has also been noted by others. Threads are deliberately started to cause controversy, people ask the OP to respond and he/she doesn't and then usually develops into a slanging match or who can shout the loudest. The poster will then start another thread and do exactly the same time and time again. I don't think having a forum full of trolls adds very much do you?

And a lot of people are up in arms, more than people who are saying it is better I guess.

Ok stop trolls, but people like NTTD or BTK weren't trolls just characters.

I love the club and all that goes with it, but sometimes you got to throw the odd spanner, it makes it more humane !

1st post you advise us to keep separate football/non football forums.

2nd post you say we are stifling opinions by keeping separate football/non football forums.

Looks like trolling to me.

100% not trolling.

Certain topics like "decent films" should go in the non football chat section.

However randomly strange threads by NTTD's I think should stay, it's amusing and more people will see it on football chat.

I understand it's not about football however it wouldn't get the same amount of leverage in non-football and wouldn't be as funny.

Non-football chat to me is more "intellectual", talking about politics, great films, good music.

However randomly strange threads by NTTD's I think should stay, it's amusing and more people will see it on football chat.

I understand it's not about football however it wouldn't get the same amount of leverage in non-football and wouldn't be as funny.

Non-football chat to me is more "intellectual", talking about politics, great films, good music.

What if there were copy cat NTTD's posters trying to post in his style? would we then have to not move their stuff??

or are there special privileges we need to set up?? if we move one posters non-football stuff we would have to move them all?

It sets a precedent one without the other

I'm one of those people who just didn't get all the fuss about NTTDS. In all honesty I put him on ignore because I didn't like his posts, but, that's why the ignore button is there.

It's all the choice you need, you either choose to read the post, or you don't, or put the poster on ignore. Why don't people just use that rule instead of pressing the report button?

I'm one of those people who just didn't get all the fuss about NTTDS. In all honesty I put him on ignore because I didn't like his posts, but, that's why the ignore button is there.

It's all the choice you need, you either choose to read the post, or you don't, or put the poster on ignore. Why don't people just use that rule instead of pressing the report button?

Here here.

Everyone has different opinions, and the only way to make the forum for everyone is to let them decided individually what they want.

Don't want to hear what I say, put me on ignore, job done. Want to, then don't press it.

Clicking ignore is easier than reporting.

Here here.

Everyone has different opinions, and the only way to make the forum for everyone is to let them decided individually what they want.

Don't want to hear what I say, put me on ignore, job done. Want to, then don't press it.

Clicking ignore is easier than reporting.

Yeah, nothing against the bloke, I don't know him for starters, I'm sure he's completely harmless, I just didn't like his posting style, as people will not like mine.

Simplest thing is the ignore button, it's discreet and it saves you getting irritated by them.

Yeah, nothing against the bloke, I don't know him for starters, I'm sure he's completely harmless, I just didn't like his posting style, as people will not like mine.

Simplest thing is the ignore button, it's discreet and it saves you getting irritated by them.

Your posting style is fine - it's your forum sig - even if you just reply with one sentence when combined with your sig it takes up the whole screen.......

God no - what's the point of a football forum that's lost in a sea of pointless posts. It's not hard - you create a post you have 2 options - football related post in one place - non in another, if someone cannot understand such a simple concept then they need to be reminded, if after being reminded a few times they continue to not understand the 2 options then having their post threads moderated has to better than banning them.

It's the posters that throw abuse around that I'd rather see leave......

F off then ;0)

Soz could n't resist .i agree not necessary

Archived