IGNORED

Will It Sell Out?

BS3_RED

City vs North Bristol pikey scum  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is all this only JPT bollox?

It's bloody rovers. That should be enough.

Yes yes I know I'm a hypocrite as I am not attending home games!

Exactly, any competitive competition if we're playing the gas should be high crowd guaranteed. Last time we played them in the JPT it was a sell out, maybe slightly less this time but only by about 2k. If we get the EE that will boost attendance as well.

Gashead in peace here guys. I certainly hope it's a decent crowd. In an ideal world, we would have the whole of the east end and sell it out, what does it hold? Around 5000? Two of my very best memories following the Gas were the two games back in 96. The Beadle games. Particularly the first when (not exaggerating) I'm pretty sure there were between 4-5,000 of us in there. There were more fans than seats, it's was bonkers!

For me, yes the view isn't great but the EE is by far my favourite away end in 20 years of going to matches.

On the flip side, I've also been in the EE when it has been split and the atmosphere can be electric in there. So can see a positive for that and in fact hope that C**y get one block towards the Dolman.

In terms of how many we will sell? There are still lots of people who won't go due to the hassle. Lets dispel the myth we don't travel. We do, incredibly well. There are a lot who just aren't comfortable going to the Gate. It's a bit of a gauntlet to even have a pee having to go up the steps near the Williams!

I'm 30 and experienced my first derbies back in 1996. I have loads of red mates, my best man was red. I am absolutely chomping for this game, thoroughly miss the Bristol derby. Price it right, £10 and we could be on for a cracking crowd of may 15,000.

Completely agree! Any city fan that isn't up for this needs their head looking at. Ok it's not the league or one of the better cups but its a competitive derby and the chance to shut them up about beating us at the mem 6 long years ago. We beat them in a friendly 3-0 and that didn't do the trick because 'it wasn't competitive' so this is our chance to finally shut them up and hopefully embarrass them as well! Losing doesn't bear thinking about!!!

IMO it will be sold out in advance if the game is priced correctly. Anything more than say £10-£15 is too much for a midweek cup game even if it is against the gas, but I still think there are enough of us who can remember the buzz and excitement of derby day to fill Ashton Gate and send those gypsies home with their tails between their legs! OTIB COYR!!!

Anyone even wondering about whether to come should just not bother, and don't bother going to any other games this season. We've been crying out for a competitive game, especially since we need the bragging rights back. Its not the FA Cup final, but its a proper game of football, and everyone I know is buzzing.
Due to policing costs, I can't see ticket prices being any lower than £18-£20. I believe the attendance was 18600 last time, which was a sell out due to segregation. Obviously that was a semi-final, but its worth remembering that it was a 1st-leg so nothing was decided, whereas this is knock-out football. All things considered, I think rovers will sell out, and we'll sell another 15250, taking us up to about 17500.

Archived