IGNORED

Put Rovers In The Atyeo

Barrs Court Red

Discuss

I believe it's gradually dawned on the people that run our stadium that it's possible to orchestrate home support to yield a true home advantage.

Some Clubs, notably those in italy position Away fans in parts of the their stadia which make it almost impossible for them to see, let alone support their team.

At least for "normal fixtures" we have Home support at both ends at present, which ironically is ahead of it's time in England. You make a brave proposal but it's not on because our club still are unsure about what the hell to do with ashton gate.

I for one would like the Rovers shoved up in the far corner of the East End, with one block for segregation, supervised by those police heavies who normally don't seem able to spot trouble when it might arise and then give us as much space as possible for our singers - but it's highly unlikely the plod will allow this.

I don't know what happens in Sheffield for a derby match but at Sheffield United there is usually only one line of Coppers between

Home and Away fans for "normal matches".

Why not just put them in The Williams, Dolman and Atyeo?

Because the only real City Fan's sit in the Eastend, right?

I mean, if you don't sit in the Eastend, what business have you got even turning up to watch City?

Some people... :grr:

Well yeah, basically fans in the other 3 stands are about as useful as the Italian army. I'd question if they're even City fans to be honest as all they do is moan

Southampton v Portsmouth at St Mary's had only one seat seperation between supporters that was occupied by a steward or PC. Are their nutters any more nuttier than ours? Doubt it.

The EE definitely over policed.

True but...... I remember a game at WBA where the one seat gap had obviously been working, until we were there and it all kicked off.

Bristol has always been well/over Policed.

I like the modern idea of hiding away fans on the side near the top of a stand out of the way. Home support behind both goals, this works well or better in a new build where people haven't had a chance to claim 'their' seat. Can't see anything will change for this game it will be EE, and they will give them any tickets they want with remainder (if any) left for ST holders etc.

Well yeah, basically fans in the other 3 stands are about as useful as the Italian army. I'd question if they're even City fans to be honest as all they do is moan

I think you just answered the questions raised in my initial post.

The day there is a waiting list for STs in the East End is the day I will start taking you guys seriously.

Questioning the loyalty of your OWN fan's simply because they choose to sit in another stand, priceless...

I think you just answered the questions raised in my initial post.

The day there is a waiting list for STs in the East End is the day I will start taking you guys seriously.

Questioning the loyalty of your OWN fan's simply because they choose to sit in another stand, priceless...

On your logic, no other stand should be taken seriously as they don't have a waiting list.

It does seen, that other fans are happy for the eastend to be closed etc and the fans there moved, yet if it was their own stand they don't want it.

Double standards?

I mean in general, say closing the atyeo for a cup game and having the eastend open.

Like has been said, it won't happen. The East End is the most poorly equipped stand with the poorest views. The Atyeo is our most modern. Stand with unobstructed views throughout. There's no way this should even be considered.

Yet, there are many many fans who wouldn't even consider going into the atyeo for a game.

All depends what you want from a game of football.

Asked Dave Lloyd if we'd have the EE for this game. He said season card holders only and it will be like it was today, us in the one block. I expect there will be more segregation than today though.

Great, now all us non ST will be separated amongst the 3 remaining stands.

However much we try to sing and get things going, rovers will outsing us if they have all but one block of EE.

I was also in ateyo H block today, and I was very disappointed, a few of us and I mean a small few of us gave it a go with singing, flags and gas horn, but still, the rest of the fans amongst us preferred the library atmosphere. How are rovers going to be intimidated when we throw at them 2 verses of 'come on you reds' every time we get the odd corner....

I was forced to go in the Ateyo today which was a poor atmosphere, managed to get them going a little with the help of a good old fashioned gas air horn and some chants, but still 2 verses and stop like every stand in the gate in recent years. Atmosphere in the EE with the all standing and more singing, goading away fans...much better than any other stand by far.

I dont understand giving the away team the most acoustic stand so they make themselves known to their team. Give em the Williams or Dolman which are both much more open with higher roofs for the sound to bounce off.

It's no competition about where you stand or sit on your asses, however I could see in the Ateyo that many people were close to staying on their feet but as did I felt guilty on the fans behind who were seated and could not see. I dont like to obstruct others, but why doesnt everybody just stand up.

I was sat almost directly behind you, save for a little to the right.

I agree with you about the feeling bad about obstructing people's views behind me. Regardless, I'm gonna stand up when we advance up the pitch and get in a good area, but after the play disperses you feel like a numpty, stood up directly in front of someone who is as down.

In fairness, I think the atmosphere was pot everywhere until the second half, but I think the second half was much better.

I was forced to go in the Ateyo today which was a poor atmosphere, managed to get them going a little with the help of a good old fashioned gas air horn and some chants, but still 2 verses and stop like every stand in the gate in recent years. Atmosphere in the EE with the all standing and more singing, goading away fans...much better than any other stand by far.

I dont understand giving the away team the most acoustic stand so they make themselves known to their team. Give em the Williams or Dolman which are both much more open with higher roofs for the sound to bounce off.

It's no competition about where you stand or sit on your asses, however I could see in the Ateyo that many people were close to staying on their feet but as did I felt guilty on the fans behind who were seated and could not see. I dont like to obstruct others, but why doesnt everybody just stand up.

It takes me long enough to get up when the game finishes. I can't stand for 5 minutes let alone 90... I'm all for standing at football but there should be designated areas so everyone is happy.

Great, now all us non ST will be separated amongst the 3 remaining stands.

However much we try to sing and get things going, rovers will outsing us if they have all but one block of EE.

I was also in ateyo H block today, and I was very disappointed, a few of us and I mean a small few of us gave it a go with singing, flags and gas horn, but still, the rest of the fans amongst us preferred the library atmosphere. How are rovers going to be intimidated when we throw at them 2 verses of 'come on you reds' every time we get the odd corner....

I don't think it's fair that any fans are being move but for the ones that have to you could try and arrange a group of you going to the same block in one stand and get it going there, you may have been trying that today but if I was in that position I would have gone in the dolman or williams near to the EE particularly when competing for noise

This sums up the attitude of A LOT (not all) of the Eastend. You seem to think you are some kind of super fan if you go in there when in truth the eastend (albeit better than most stands) is not actually that good. I cant remember to often in recent seasons where the Eastend has out sung even a handful of away support and are full of excuses why not, blaming the club, stewards, having a drum/not having a drum etc. I love the artwork and the idea of the Forza Eastend movement but when you see what Palace fans create (just for one example) in the Holmesdale road end (which dosent benefit from such a low roof btw) then it really puts the EE in its place.

If the EE is closed for the gash game, it wont be hard for you all to buy tickets for another block in another stand and show your passion and noise from there.

This sums up the attitude of A LOT (not all) of the Eastend. You seem to think you are some kind of super fan if you go in there when in truth the eastend (albeit better than most stands) is not actually that good. I cant remember to often in recent seasons where the Eastend has out sung even a handful of away support and are full of excuses why not, blaming the club, stewards, having a drum/not having a drum etc. I love the artwork and the idea of the Forza Eastend movement but when you see what Palace fans create (just for one example) in the Holmesdale road end (which dosent benefit from such a low roof btw) then it really puts the EE in its place.

If the EE is closed for the gash game, it wont be hard for you all to buy tickets for another block in another stand and show your passion and noise from there.

But we are better than you in so many different ways. Off you go and hit the report button.

If it's not open then I won't be there along with a lot of others so you can pick up the slack. Ok?

To be really honest I don't think the atmosphere in the EE has been that great since the GJ days.

Same as the rest of the stands really - I wonder why! ?!

The EE is frequently outsung by the away support these days - not a criticism just an observation.

When (if) were are successful again maybe the whole stadium will start " bouncing" again!! :-)

How are you going to keep the six fingered freaks away from us if you put them in the Atyeo?

Honestly, it's not worth the hassle just so we can cram a few hundred extra spotty teenage superfans into the East End so they can offer the world out for a fight from a safe distance.

Wedge them up in the corner of the east end and lock them in after the game by all means.

How are you going to keep the six fingered freaks away from us if you put them in the Atyeo?

Honestly, it's not worth the hassle just so we can cram a few hundred extra spotty teenage superfans into the East End so they can offer the world out for a fight from a safe distance.

Wedge them up in the corner of the east end and lock them in after the game by all means.

At last some sanity. Well said.

On your logic, no other stand should be taken seriously as they don't have a waiting list.

It does seen, that other fans are happy for the eastend to be closed etc and the fans there moved, yet if it was their own stand they don't want it.

Double standards?

I mean in general, say closing the atyeo for a cup game and having the eastend open.

I am not saying that to be honest.

I would be p****d off if the my stand was given over to the Gas.

But...

Unless away fans are banned - the EE will be the place they will are located.

Why would this change for one game, even if it is a derby?

I just cannot see a case (or precedent) for what the OP is suggesting.

Or am I missing the point?

So your saying that City fans only sing when they are winning?? really sums our fans up....true fans support their team and encourage them, fans help teams when they really get behind them.

No thats not what I'm saying at all - your just being pedantic.

I hear all stands singing when there's something to sing about, but after years of poor entertainment is it any wonder the crowds enthusiasm is dampned?

When the EE was opened up for home fans we all knew the score, stop acing like some persicuted minority and accept that its the "AWAY" end and has BY FAR the fewest ST holders - therefore it will be the stand that is offered to the AWAY support.

Until the club changes where they seat away fans that's how it will be I'm afraid.

Archived