IGNORED

Ticketing Again

North London Red

I could have posted this on any one of three or four threads that have been running on the question of ticketing in recent days. I'm sorry for any duplication or repitition, but the problem is still ongoing and whilst I don't particularly like adding to the tide of criticism directed at the club, I really do feel that this issue needs to be kept in the forefront of people's attention until something is finally done to resolve it once and for all.

There seems to be a general difficulty in buying advance tickets for the Palace game and a number of fans have used the forum to express their frustration (see threads on "Advance Palace Tickets", or "Palace Ticket Prices", for instance). More particularly there is a problem with trying to reserve your usual ST seat (for which there is a deadline this Wednesday) - especially if you are trying to use the online system.

Before the season started, I raised this question on behalf of a number of us who sit in the Premier section of the Williams, as in past seasons it had not been possible for us to use the online system at all. I was told the upgraded system would now make this possible. (The matter was initially taken up with Dave L, who passed it on to Kate McGinty in the ticket office, who in turn replied to me, assuring me the problem had now been addressed and offering further assistance, should any be necessary.)

Despite this, attempts on Saturday to secure my seat over the internet were unsuccessful. I could access my account, my personal details were shown correctly, as was my seat number, but it was not possible to complete a transaction. (As another poster found, clicking on "Buy Tickets" or any of the other links simply produced a message in IT gobbledegook saying "no valid variants could be found", or some such incomprehensible nonsense). And it's not just online: we have reports on the forum of people going in person to AG and even the staff there have not been able to book ST holders' seats for them. In at least one case, money was taken, no ticket issued, no credit applied to the smart card and no proof of payment provided.

I really do despair of the administration at AG ever getting this most basic of functions to operate effectively. Selling tickets for football matches is supposed to be the club's core business, is it not, and its principal source of revenue? It beggars belief that they still cannot carry out this simple task efficiently using 21st century technology. I have some sympathy with ticket office staff who have to confront pissed-off supporters face-to-face. The responsibility must surely rest with whichever member of the club's senior management team has the task of sourcing its ticketing and IT services and with the company to which the contract has been awarded. Does anyone know who, within the management strucure at AG, this would be?

The latest development is that I could not access the online system at all this morning - it now apears to be down altogether. I'm not usually one to vote with my feet, but my exasperation is such that, despite this being a game I would like to see, I'm inclined not to bother if it means I have to run round in circles just to get a bloody ticket. Does any of this strike a chord with other forum members, and is anyone at the club listening or doing anything to rectify the situation, because at the time of writing this rant, there seems to be a deafening silence from AG on this matter and my last email to KM is as yet unanswered?

(If you're interested, by the way, it's kay.mcginty@bcfc.co.uk)

Tried this morning getting my season ticket seat for the Palace game and it won't let me showing "Unable to find any valid variants"

First problem I have had so far this season, getting in with no problems so far this season, even when going with a friend to the Bradford game who bought his tickets on the day. For Wolves I left home just after 2pm, parked up around 2.20-2.30, walked to the ground, and got in about 2.45 ish, just a small queue in front (though the guys in entrance for the Dolman 51-54 did seem to have difficulties with their scanners.

Tried this morning getting my season ticket seat for the Palace game and it won't let me showing "Unable to find any valid variants"

First problem I have had so far this season, getting in with no problems so far this season, even when going with a friend to the Bradford game who bought his tickets on the day. For Wolves I left home just after 2pm, parked up around 2.20-2.30, walked to the ground, and got in about 2.45 ish, just a small queue in front (though the guys in entrance for the Dolman 51-54 did seem to have difficulties with their scanners.

Rang Friday to get Palace tickets, was told there was a problem with the system and they would ring me back today. I rang them about an hour ago to be told the system was still down. Can't get any joy online either.

Rang Friday to get Palace tickets, was told there was a problem with the system and they would ring me back today. I rang them about an hour ago to be told the system was still down. Can't get any joy online either.

Kinda feel sorry for the staff - the person in charge though should be getting a right rollicking and told to sort this out as it must be costing the club money / revenue as well as costing them in reputation.... i mean seats / tickets should be it's bread and butter, and is not hard to do.

Went to AG Friday to get some Palace tickets and they were BOGOF so resulted in 4 tickets in the Dolman for £20.00 RESULT

Turned up Saturday and almost didn't even have to get my ticket out of my pocket; pretty much exactly the same as the Bradford game - people just

being waved in to the Dolman (on the side turnstiles by Ashton Rd) as obviosly there were issues with scanner or whatever nonsense passes for

an excuse these days.

Whatever is happening down there it aint pretty (notwithstanding my Palace tickets) and just letting people through open turnstiles surely isn't H&S

compliant?

It really is a mess, isn't it? Any system can hit a problem now and again and you'd cut them a bit of slack if it was the occasional one-off, but ticketing at the club has been a chronic, recurring, long-term problem. It's bad for any business and a terrible way to treat supporters. I'll say it again: how hard can it be to get this right?

I'm due to be out of Bristol for a few days and well away from any possibility of internet access. By the time I get back the deadline for claiming my seat will have passed. I'll be damned if I'm putting myself out any more just to try and obtain a ticket, so that is in all probability one less seat sold. They manage to make a simple, routine thing seem like hard work. How many will that be multiplied by come the day of the game? This is the business practice of the madhouse and the resulting self-inflicted damage to the club is so avoidable and unnecessary.

It really is a mess, isn't it? Any system can hit a problem now and again and you'd cut them a bit of slack if it was the occasional one-off, but ticketing at the club has been a chronic, recurring, long-term problem. It's bad for any business and a terrible way to treat supporters. I'll say it again: how hard can it be to get this right?

I'm due to be out of Bristol for a few days and well away from any possibility of internet access. By the time I get back the deadline for claiming my seat will have passed. I'll be damned if I'm putting myself out any more just to try and obtain a ticket, so that is in all probability one less seat sold. They manage to make a simple, routine thing seem like hard work. How many will that be multiplied by come the day of the game? This is the business practice of the madhouse and the resulting self-inflicted damage to the club is so avoidable and unnecessary.

I'm in no way apologising for the club, and I have posted on the other threads about the queues, and responded to the smug post by DL (the one where he claimed there were no problems with anyone entering the ground)

However in your case did you know that - either by accident, cock up or design, you cannot (as a S/T) reserve/book/buy your own seat online during the period while your seat is reserved !!!!!

If you try to book online - the system tells you cannot have that seat as it is not available, as the system is reserving it for you!

The only solution is to ring up and book over the phone - in fact it did say on the OS that S/T holders would have to reserve Palace tickets either in person or by phone if you want to sit in your own seat.

I had the same issue as you, gave up trying online, then rang in and reserved my seat & the sales guy did confirm that I couldn't have done it online. It's also I note now it's a paper ticket that has to be collected or posted out at the supporters expense rather than the Season Card being "credited" as happened under the previous system.

The new system - even when it works - is clearly making the buying process more difficult for everyone.

So give them a call if you want a ticket, but I can understand how you might not want to bother, if John Lewis, M &S, or a restaurant

made it as difficult to book or buy anything online or in person we'd all tell them to stick it & shop elsewhere

I'm in no way apologising for the club, and I have posted on the other threads about the queues, and responded to the smug post by DL (the one where he claimed there were no problems with anyone entering the ground)

However in your case did you know that - either by accident, cock up or design, you cannot (as a S/T) reserve/book/buy your own seat online during the period while your seat is reserved !!!!!

If you try to book online - the system tells you cannot have that seat as it is not available, as the system is reserving it for you!

The only solution is to ring up and book over the phone - in fact it did say on the OS that S/T holders would have to reserve Palace tickets either in person or by phone if you want to sit in your own seat.

I had the same issue as you, gave up trying online, then rang in and reserved my seat & the sales guy did confirm that I couldn't have done it online. It's also I note now it's a paper ticket that has to be collected or posted out at the supporters expense rather than the Season Card being "credited" as happened under the previous system.

The new system - even when it works - is clearly making the buying process more difficult for everyone.

So give them a call if you want a ticket, but I can understand how you might not want to bother, if John Lewis, M &S, or a restaurant

made it as difficult to book or buy anything online or in person we'd all tell them to stick it & shop elsewhere

Many thanks for that CR. It's illuminating, if no less exasperating.

I hadn't spotted the advice on the OS that you refer to, but it's still a cock-up, however one looks at it. Of course the system has to reserve my seat for me and thus make it "unavailable" for all-pay games - unless, that is, it is me who is seeking to buy it, as identified by my email address or username and password. (In principle, it's not altogether unlike internet banking, where the system identifies you as the only person allowed access to your money).

What you were told by the sales guy does in fact flatly contradict what I've been told by his colleague Kay McGinty, so evidently the staff themselves are in a state of confusion about how the new system works. In effect, what KM was telling me in her email was that this absurd contradiction in the original design had now been removed, which it evidently hasn't. Making you collect the (paper) ticket or pay the postage is the last bloody straw and simply adds insult to injury. It's supposed to be an online system FFS! The clue is in the name. No paper! You buy and pay online and your entry to the game is enabled by adding a credit to your smart card electronically. Otherwise why bother with automated turnstiles? They might as well regress all the way back to how it was when I was a kid: you turned up with your gate money in your hot little mit and handed it over, and you and the rest of the queue stood around waiting for the old bloke on the turnstile to scrabble the right change together. It was arguably no more bother than this shambles.

You hit the nail on the head when you say the new system is actually making things more inconvenient for customers (and for the club's own staff, for that matter), even - and this is the most damning indictment - when it actually does work as intended. You're also dead right when you point out that in any other line of business we'd all bugger off and buy elsewhere - or just not buy at all, which is what I think I'll be doing this time, along with a fair few others, I shouldn't wonder.

THe option is there to buy your season tickets seat for the cup game... but the back end is not working, so it gives you an error.... they need to get Bob in to fix it.

They sure as hell need to get in somebody who knows what he's bloody doing. Rarely has the biblical footnote below seemed more apt.

Right, just been turned away from the Williams Stand ticket office after trying to buy a ticket for MK Dons and told 'ticket sales for that game have now been suspended - go to the club shop after the game if you want to buy one' - whose bright idea was that?

Unfortunately I can't hang around after the game so before today's game was my only chance to buy one in person, in advance.

Then I was initially refused entry to the Atyeo after the lady who scanned my season ticket card said I was at the wrong game, and told me to go back to ticket collections.

Absolutely priceless. You do wonder just where we get our staff from sometimes!

Well the scanner refused my card (it worked fine vs Bradford) and the turnstile operator said I was at the wrong game....I kid you not.

Luckily a nearby steward called over one of the senior stewards and he got me in without having to go back to the ticket office, so fortunately it was only a minor hold up.

As for the MK ticket, yes I could buy online - but the sale of away tickets in advance on home matchdays worked fine throughout our time in the championship, so no idea why they decided to change it today.

This happened to the chap infront of me. But, as it said 'wrong fixture', she just said you cant be at the wrong fixture, so just let him in!!

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=2422/title=bristol+city+revamps+ticketing+system

Sounds like the new 'system' isn't quite living up to the hype ? At least there isn't a booking fee.

Bristol City have signed a revolutionary new deal with CRM experts, Green 4 Solutions.

The partnership will see the club embrace a new ‘single platform’ solution across all facets of commerce – including ticketing, corporate sales, marketing, communications and supporter relationship management.

I guess to be fair it says it's a new single platform - it does not say a superior ticketing system or good supporter relationship :blink:

Bristol City have signed a revolutionary new deal with CRM experts, Green 4 Solutions.

The partnership will see the club embrace a new ‘single platform’ solution across all facets of commerce – including ticketing, corporate sales, marketing, communications and supporter relationship management.

I guess to be fair it says it's a new single platform - it does not say a superior ticketing system or good supporter relationship :blink:

I wonder if this is the admin equivalent of Sean's approach. It's not perfect yet, but it's built from the ground up to be the business in four years' time?

If anyone is still looking to book Palace tickets online, the City website seems to be working fine now.

I've just been on tonight and clicked the reserve ticket option, signed in and mine and my wife's season ticket numbers came up. A quick click and then made the card payment and had the confirmation email saying the tickets were booked.

All went without a hitch, so looks like they're sorting out their problems.

Tried to get Palace tickets after the game in the shop but as the Dullmoan scanners are still ****** people were being shooed away after giving phone numbers :grr: I can't see why that makes any difference as surely all the stands use the same system?

Got a call from the club tonight, finally got the tix sorted :)

If anyone is still looking to book Palace tickets online, the City website seems to be working fine now.

I've just been on tonight and clicked the reserve ticket option, signed in and mine and my wife's season ticket numbers came up. A quick click and then made the card payment and had the confirmation email saying the tickets were booked.

All went without a hitch, so looks like they're sorting out their problems.

Thanks for the head up - confirmed, booked my season ticket seat, no problems this time round.

I have just tried to book our ST seats for the Palace game. It didn't recognise my password which was fine last season. So I asked for a new password which it duly sent. Logged in with the new password and it logged me in under my son's name with only his ticket showing. No sign of my ticket. So I thought maybe I need to do two transactions, so I register as a new subscriber thinking that maybe if you do that it will ask if you are a season ticket holder when you press the buy ticket button. Nope it doesn't do that either. The site has no help feature what so ever to look at or give guidance.

If anyone has any idea's how I log in and find my ticket please let me know

I can't see how this is progress. So this will now be another morning spent trying to get through on the phone in between meetings to sort it out, to probably find out they have sold my seat as they go on general sale tomorrow.

Happy Days

Archived