IGNORED

Double Checking Of Eastend Tickets - Davel

leftwingfullback

Mine wasn't checked twice, so it seems it was inconsistent today.

People were offering the stewards their tickets at the bottom of the steps though, as they're used to them being checked twice, and the stewards were still then looking at them, rather than saying there was no need and waving them on up the steps.

The Dolman turnstile bar codes were not working. Or at least I assume so as tickets had to be passed to an operator to be manually inspected who simply allowed people through without checking anything, really.

I thought there was an all singing all dancing new ticket turnstile system in operation this season? If I could be bothered I'd find the link on the official site from a few weeks ago saying how revolutionary brilliant it was going to be. Just seems like a total shambles to me.

Its not a big thing dolly Marie. but as I said a senior steward was instructing stewards to check tickets at the bottom of the steps, the steward deffinatly askedto check my ticket. As i said, no big thing but it's slightly annoying when nigglly things like to this keep happening, overall though, much better today.

Believe me I fully support your complaint. It was me who brought it up at the most recent fans parliament because I cannot understand why it happens.

I was just saying what happened to me today.

Can I suggest anyone who did have their ticket checked twice today post in this thread, so David Lloyd can see how widespread the issue is.

Believe me I fully support your complaint. It was me who brought it up at the most recent fans parliament because I cannot understand why it happens.

I was just saying what happened to me today.

Can I suggest anyone who did have their ticket checked twice today post in this thread, so David Lloyd can see how widespread the issue is.

I didn't have mine checked at all does that need reporting as well? I do love irony!

Problem here Nick is that the club are saying they've told the stewards not to check them twice, but it's still happening. There is no reason for it :)

Yes I know Dolly. It's the sheer incompetence of it all that makes me laugh. Never mind who does what - the bottom line is the "club" are double checking tickets in the EE, but some numbskull has implemented what should be a very simple procedure that doesn't work anywhere in the ground, with an outcome that everywhere else in the ground anyone and everyone are just waved through.

Not eastend related but, the barcodes don't work in the Atyeo turnsttles through the clear pouch of the ST wallet. It's a small point but you have to remove the card from the pouch, now the old system you could insert the whole pouch on to the scanner and it would work.

I would be pretty miffed if I had spent all this money on a new system and the one thing that is important like entry to the ground is being hampered by things like home printed tickets not working and cards that wont scan through clear plastic.

Not eastend related but, the barcodes don't work in the Atyeo turnsttles through the clear pouch of the ST wallet. It's a small point but you have to remove the card from the pouch, now the old system you could insert the whole pouch on to the scanner and it would work.

I would be pretty miffed if I had spent all this money on a new system and the one thing that is important like entry to the ground is being hampered by things like home printed tickets not working and cards that wont scan through clear plastic.

As I have said in previous posts , it is not a new system at all. It is second hand, every last bit of it. The few card readers that there are , and the hand held scanners are all pre used , and as such were not designed for our personal needs. The whole system is not working, and if they haven't got it working yet, they never will. Roll on Palace.

As I have said in previous posts , it is not a new system at all. It is second hand, every last bit of it. The few card readers that there are , and the hand held scanners are all pre used , and as such were not designed for our personal needs. The whole system is not working, and if they haven't got it working yet, they never will. Roll on Palace.

Are you saying that there wasn't any testing done to check whether the two were compatible? Although shocking to read it, that's standard for our club.

Mine worked.

Archived