IGNORED

Skuse Bashers Look Away

NickJ

Skuse is a good player. Got a little stale with us. I firmly believe he will improve further with better players around him. Unfortunately he got to play most of his games for us in a midfield full of average to poor players.

Skuse is a good player. Got a little stale with us. I firmly believe he will improve further with better players around him. Unfortunately he got to play most of his games for us in a midfield full of average to poor players.

Completely agree. It was definitely time for him to move on at the end of last season but I'm not at all surprised to see him do well elsewhere.

Unfortunately he got to play most of his games for us in a midfield full of average to poor players.

Of which he was a significant part.

To be honest, I fully expected threads like this pop up. Skuse is capable of having the odd good game and I knew that when he was praised this would be lauded on here. Me, I've seen enough in 200 odd games to tell me he's definitely not a premier league class player. Mad Mick has seen him have one good game against a poor Millwall team.

I will say no more on the subject of Skuse as I've said a lot in the past. My only final thought will be - lets see where he is in 2 years time?

Of which he was a significant part.

To be honest, I fully expected threads like this pop up. Skuse is capable of having the odd good game and I knew that when he was praised this would be lauded on here. Me, I've seen enough in 200 odd games to tell me he's definitely not a premier league class player. Mad Mick has seen him have one good game against a poor Millwall team.

I will say no more on the subject of Skuse as I've said a lot in the past. My only final thought will be - lets see where he is in 2 years time?

I would guess higher than us. I am not sure he will make premiership level. He has quite a bit to his game, I just don't think he will have enough ability to reach the top.

I believe he really needs to be pushed. I don't think he ever got that at sleepy Bristol City, and I am not 100% Sure Ipswich is right for that either.

Good luck to the guy. Clearly a team player if not necessarily a fan pleaser.

Just to play devils advocate: If he is even mid-table championship quality, why did we not sell him/hear about transfer bids from more established championship clubs with premiership experience?

Fair play to Skuse, a lot said he needed the fresh start and it would be good to see him make the most of it, as a product of City's academy and a Bristolian

Same managers picked fontaine. Yes they can be wrong.

Mad mick didn't rate jet.

He did. And admitted it could be the worst mistake he has made in letting him go.

Difference is, SOD will accept his limitations. While Mick won't.

Edit I am on about JET :)

• Admin

Totally agree. Where was this "elegant, prem quality" footballer Mick McCarthy is banging on about when we were getting dicked every week and relegated.

One player doesn't make a team, even the best would be dragged down by having poor quality, unprofessional and as has been alleged, lazy, players alongside them.

As i've said elsewhere, I challenge someone to name a game when, regardless of the depths plumbed by recent BCFC sides, Skuse has been the worst player on show. I don't think he's "Prenier League class" or whatever Mick is on about, but he's a decent Championship midfielder

Archived