IGNORED

Jose Mourinho

Brizzle Jordan

I actually think Jose is the greatest manager in the world, and better than Fergie. To have sustained success at a club which you have moulded is an incredible achievement (Fergie), but to go to lots of different places and continuously win is incredible. How anyone can not rate Mourinho is beyond me.

Agreed.

Mourinho is a top manager but he has been helped out massively by the resources he's had at the clubs in which he's had his success. At Porto he had some of the best players in Portugal/Europe at the time. He couldn't fail at CSKA London the first time around although not winning the Champions league with that team could be deemed as failure? That was a better team than the Chelski team that actually won it! Inter again.. He had a squad at the peak of their powers at the time and after he left, he arguably left them in a bit of a state which they still haven't fully recovered from. He didn't have the best of times at Madrid. He did well winning la liga once but failure in the Champions league will probably irk him for a while. That after all was why they hired him wasn't it? He fell out with many of the players also by all accounts.

Can't fault his record though and when he speaks you can't help but listen. Good to have him back.

Mourinho is a top manager but he has been helped out massively by the resources he's had at the clubs in which he's had his success. At Porto he had some of the best players in Portugal/Europe at the time. He couldn't fail at CSKA London the first time around although not winning the Champions league with that team could be deemed as failure? That was a better team than the Chelski team that actually won it! Inter again.. He had a squad at the peak of their powers at the time and after he left, he arguably left them in a bit of a state which they still haven't fully recovered from. He didn't have the best of times at Madrid. He did well winning la liga once but failure in the Champions league will probably irk him for a while. That after all was why they hired him wasn't it? He fell out with many of the players also by all accounts.

Can't fault his record though and when he speaks you can't help but listen. Good to have him back.

2 premier leagues out of 2

First ever italian treble

2 champions leagues

broke the Barcelona dominance

I think it's fair to say he's doing well :)

2 premier leagues out of 2

First ever italian treble

2 champions leagues

broke the Barcelona dominance

I think it's fair to say he's doing well :)

Of course. I said you can't fault his record and he's a top manager. He's just always had the resources at his disposal not to fail.

He didn't really break the Barca 'dominance' Who won la liga last season? ;)

Of course. I said you can't fault his record and he's a top manager. He's just always had the resources at his disposal not to fail.

He didn't really break the Barca 'dominance' Who won la liga last season? ;)

He broke it for one season.

100 points

Most goals scored

Beat them at the Nou Camp.

Mourinho's teams are always stronger in the 2nd season and last season there was loads of fighting between him and the players.

He broke it for one season.

100 points

Most goals scored

Beat them at the Nou Camp.

Mourinho's teams are always stronger in the 2nd season and last season there was loads of fighting between him and the players.

The in house fighting didn't suprise me really. Plenty of egos flying around in that dressing room. Notably JM himself!

Rubbish. How can you even distinguish between the two? Both had impeccable records. The only difference is that Mourinho has done it at a much more competitive time, where managers have to do so much more nowadays.

Rubbish?? So you think Mourinho could go to Derby and Forest now and take them to the equivalent of the Premier league title.

Then take one of them to two European Cup wins.

Dream on.

But it was a lot more doable back then, the gap wasn't so large and football was a very different game. On the contrary, I don't believe Clough could have won league titles with every single club he manages, which Mourinho has pretty much done (aside from his very first job).

Who are you kidding, ( it was a lot more doable back then).

Clough took Forest from the bottom of the 2nd Division to European Champions( twice), with a team of journeyman and a few big signings.

He won the Football league with Derby as well.

He was a one off, a managerial genius.

Mourinho has only done things at big big clubs with limitless amounts of cash to splash.

He's good at what he does, but no where near as good as " old big head" .

Clough took Forest from the bottom of the 2nd Division to European Champions( twice), with a team of journeyman and a few big signings.

Mourinho has only done things at big big clubs with limitless amounts of cash to splash.

Any bloody fool can make a silk purse out of silk. Cloughie did it out of a sow's ear.

As someone has already said, Porto were not a big, big club

Who am I kidding? Money wasn't so prevalent, and therefore not so influential. You've seen how impossible it is to break into the top 5/6 in the Prem, that didn't exist back then. It was an easier job to take a small club to the top imo. This is not me pissing on his achievements btw, I'm just explaining why I think Mourinho is better.

Yeah, and Mourinho only does well at big clubs with money :facepalm:. Are you trying to tell me that Uniao de Leiria are a big club? He didn't spend Chelsea sums of money when he was at Porto. And money is such a redundant argument anyway, if a chairman allows you to spend big and you achieve your targets with that money, it shouldn't be a negative on your record. Apart from failing to win the CL with Real Madrid (the fact that it was expectant is ridiculous in itself), he has an unblemished record across all clubs he's managed.

Archived