IGNORED

Around 500 Tickets Sold For Mk Dons Away So Far...

chalky

Why? Even AFC Wimbledon fans have attended a fixture here, so why shouldn't other teams attend?

New ground for me, so looking forward to it.

Exactly.

I'll be going with 5 others.

Why should I deny myself the opportunity of watching MY team play, when the club that is affected by this situation the most didn't go through with their own boycott when they had the chance.

My £20 will make no difference to the state of the franchise.

Disappointed it's so many.

Looks like we're in a minority on this.

On principle I also didn't go to Coventry, & MK Dons is one that I'd definitely want to avoid.

Personal choice & I hav eno problem with anyone who DOES go.

Mind you I hope everyone who goes gives MK Dons club the abuse that it deserves.

How is every getting to the game. What trains etc??, and what pub is everyone going to? COYR!

I'm on delightful Ryanair tomorrow, staying in London then train to MK about midday Saturday.

I was wondering about pubs, seems there's a Spoons quite near MK station but Bletchley station is nearer the ground.

I think there's a bus from Spoons to the ground though, so might go there for a bite and a pint or two.

I'm on delightful Ryanair tomorrow, staying in London then train to MK about midday Saturday.

I was wondering about pubs, seems there's a Spoons quite near MK station but Bletchley station is nearer the ground.

I think there's a bus from Spoons to the ground though, so might go there for a bite and a pint or two.

Taken from http://www.footballgroundguide.com/milton_keynes_dons/

Where to drink?

"Ian Townsend informs me; 'There is a hotel connected to the stadium, of which some of the rooms have views of the pitch. But more importantly it also has the Red Dot Bar, into which away fans are usually welcomed provided any colours are kept reasonably discrete. This bar also shows Sky Sports.'

The nearest pub to the ground is the 'Inn on the Lake' (previously called the Beacon) which is around a 10 minute walk away, in the nearby Mount Farm area. This pub offers food and has recently been refurbished. With the stadium entrance in front of you and Asda over to the right, then the pub is located on an industrial estate behind the stadium, next to a small lake. From the back of the the stadium cross over the road and go down Dawson Road which is in front of you. At the bottom of Dawson Road turn right into Bond Avenue and the pub is down on the right.

About a 15 minute walk away towards Bletchley is the Enigma Tavern on Saxon Street. This pub also offers food, has a large beer garden and is child friendly. To find this pub, just follow the signs for Bletchley by Asda and you will reach the pub on your left.

Guy Plumb adds; 'There is also Fenny Stratford which is located a mile south of the stadium along Watling Street. Fenny has seven pubs within a five minute walk of each other plus a fish and chip shop'. Caroline Charlesworth a visiting Leicester fan tells me; 'Many Leicester fans headed to Fenny Startford, as it is about a 20 minute walk from the ground and seems to be the better bet of all the areas round the ground after speaking to others who went elsewhere. We actually caught the train and got off at Fenny Stratford. There are a number of pubs but there are two in particular worth an extra mention. ‘The Swan Hotel’ is on the junction of Watling Street, Aylesbury Road and Simpson Road. It has a basic range of beers but they serve good value food on a match day. The menu is the usual Pub stuff of sandwiches and main meals and they also serve a fantastic Breakfast until 1.30pm. I also recommend ‘The Red Lion’ which is on Simpson Road. This is a lovely setting right on the Lock – be nice for those early and end of season days out as they have a decent size garden and plenty of room to stand around outside. To get to both pubs from Fenny Stratford station you need to turn left as you step off the train. Walk down to the level crossing and turn right for The Swan Hotel and left for The Red Lion. Both pubs are just a couple of minutes from the level crossing'.

Alternatively, it may be an idea instead to drink on the way or in Milton Keynes itself. There are a number of bars located adjacent to the main shopping centre (although many of them do not allow fans in wearing colours), or in walking distance of Milton Keynes Central station. If coming out of the station you go straight up Midsummer Boulevard in front of you, then after around five minutes walk you will find a Wetherspoons outlet located on the left. This pub also has the added benefit that the shuttle buses running from the station to the stadium also pick up at the pub. Wayne Bowen a visiting Southend United fans adds; 'Alcohol was available to away fans, but a bit pricey at £3.20 for a bottle of Carlsberg and £3.20 for a can of Tetley. "

Hey Ralph.

Great to hear you're coming over again.

I'll be driving up, arriving about 1:30 ish, possibly a bit earlier. Not sure where we're gonna go for a beer yet but let me know where you end up and we'll meet up for a beer.

Cheers fella.

It'll take more than that !

But I'll be driving anyway worse luck.

I don't know why, but I've convinced myself that we will win comfortably - not a good way to approach the game..

Mmmm..I'm not so confident sir. I think you'll be needing those drinks afterwards!!

Looks like we're in a minority on this.

On principle I also didn't go to Coventry, & MK Dons is one that I'd definitely want to avoid.

Personal choice & I hav eno problem with anyone who DOES go.

Mind you I hope everyone who goes gives MK Dons club the abuse that it deserves.

why wouldn't you go? Surely you go to support city so why does it matter whats gone on with the other club?

Fair play to you mate - puts to shame some of our so-called supporters who stay away for "ethitcal reasons" (can't be arsed in other words).

Hope you see a good performance from us after travelling so far.

FWIW I think we'll see the first league win of the season and I'm looking forward to it.

Yes I'm confident of a win, more so than any away game I've been to for years, don't know why, early season confidence I suppose.

The Ryanair experience is out the way, first cider, fish and chips, now bring on the game. COYR

Hey Ralph. Great to hear you're coming over again. I'll be driving up, arriving about 1:30 ish, possibly a bit earlier. Not sure where we're gonna go for a beer yet but let me know where you end up and we'll meet up for a beer. Cheers fella.
Nice one Harry lad, I've been out of data land for a while so only just saw this. I'll text you tomorrow. Have a good trip.

Archived