IGNORED

Bring Back Or Re-build The East End

potbelly

Yes the East end was great. Emphasis on the was.

No amount of drum thumping, whinging or clever marketing ideas will ever bring the East end back to what it was.

It is history, an important piece for those of us lucky enough to remember it in its prime, but nevertheless history.

The future of the east end lies in a new stand.

It is a long term view, and therefore a difficult concept for younger supporters to understand, but if we spent as much time and effort lobbying for the new stand to be built quicker, then maybe we would get ourselves a new "East end" as well as ultimatley securing the clubs home in the heart of BS3 where it belongs.

I agree , although i never experienced the east end in the old days when there was a great atmosphere and if i did i might not agree. But in my oppinion the east end lets ashton gate down and if we had a nice big two tiered stand at that end ashton gate would look fantastic , we could have the bottom tier for the away fans and top tier for city fans, this would mean we could have signing from both ends of the ground and it would create a great atmosphere , i think they should redevelope the east end first , the williams can wait another six months. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I dont know what the fasination with two tiered stands are? The only thing that two tiered stands achieve is to split the home fans into even more sections. To me, the best idea would be to build a massive single tiered steep stand with a large block of central seating where there are no exits to break up the fans.

This has been done at Anfield (The Kop), Sheffield Utd, West Brom, Birmingham and each ground has a terrific atmosphere.

Ok I won't argue against the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Arsenal and Man Utd who all have two tiered stands, but if you look at the lower part of the stand you'll see that kind of size will more that suffice for us.

The key to getting a better atmosphere back at AG is to bring the fans close together (like it used to be in the east end) and to encourage the noise to stay within the stadium, and to do that we will need a V shaped roof on the east end and all of the corners of the ground filled in with seats and spectators.

Regardless of all the new stadia, I think one of the best grounds is The Valley, there are basically constantly rebuilding and enclosing the whole ground so that they can get more fans in and keep the atmosphere within the ground. We should look to be emulating them.

I'd gladly stand on the covered terrace that was the East End, but that won't ever be seen again. :clap:

Potbelly, after I thought about it, your posting is spot on. A redeveloped Wedlock Stand would be a firm sign that City intend staying in BS3 and is definitely the way forward. At present the Wedlock is nothing but the East End with seats bolted to the terracing. A new stand is needed; how will it be financed please? :Confused13: Camb U thought they had secured funding to redevelop the allotment end of the Abbey. Their fans are now holding assorted fund raising events to cover the bank charges.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

By now it must be clear to the club that the VAST MAJORITY of fans want to stay at Ashton Gate. Would it not make sense to move forward the redevelopment?

We've all seen the nice pictures of what they want to do to Ashton Gate, the talk about it and the plans - Maybe its time to actually do something

By now it must be clear to the club that the VAST MAJORITY of fans want to stay at Ashton Gate.  Would it not make sense to move forward the redevelopment?

We've all seen the nice pictures of what they want to do to Ashton Gate, the talk about it and the plans - Maybe its time to actually do something

I agree. There is too much talk and not enough action!

They did say that revelopment of the Williams Stand would be starting at the end of this season. I assume that's no longer going ahead?

Archived