IGNORED

Gills Away...

chalky

Who's planning on making the trip? £15 will be one of the cheapest away games for us.

A quick look online shows 80 odd tickets sold already from our initial 300 allocation. I'm away for this game but would have liked to tick this one of the list. Reckon we will take around 500 depending on next 2 results/performances....

Doesn't seem to be available online right now....

Yeah I noticed that too....

From http://www.footballgroundguide.com/gillingham/index.htm

In terms of where to drink it says, "The ground is walkable from the town centre, where there are a fair few pubs to be found. Paul Kelly a visiting Preston fan adds; 'we have used the 'Will Adams' in the town centre. The pub is in the CAMRA GoodBeer Guide and does good cheap food. Plus a very friendly crowd of football locals happy to indulge in friendly banter - the landlord is a Gill fan too!' Robert Donaldson recommends the 'Southern Belle' opposite the railway station, which also has a cafe located next door.

Michelle Dixon, the landlady of the 'Livingstone Arms' on Gillingham Road informs me; 'Our pub is known as an "Away Supporters" pub and is situated approximately 100 yards from the away turnstiles. The atmosphere within the pub is both warm and friendly'. This pub which also has a beer garden, is popular with both away and home supporters and as you would expect it gets rather busy on matchdays. There is a handy fish &chip shop, situated across the road from the pub. Robert Phipps a Gillingham supporter advises away fans 'to avoid the Cricketers pub in Sturdee Avenue'."

Ah right. Il give that the swerve then. Whats the situation with the ground then? In an industrial estate? Middle of load of social terraced housing like west ham? Our middle of nowhere?

Between lots of back to back streets with alleyways suitable for knifing visiting fans.

I thought someone was stabbed outside their ground, but was a long time ago, this story is the nearest I could find ??? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/71655.stm

Yup, that's the one. It was 'outside the ground', in the sense that it wasn't inside, but it was actually in one of those alleyways. Let Google Maps be your friend.

The away end is a large temporary scaffolding and aluminium structure, dating from their time in the championship. It is quite large, so there will definitely be spaces on the day, unless something changed recently. The ground is surrounded by small streets and if you park close to the ground, getting away afterwards can be a nightmare. It is best to have a quick look at google maps and pick somewhere a medium walk away. The alley behind the away end where someone was stabbed years back is normally locked after the game, which can increase your walk.

The away end is a large temporary scaffolding and aluminium structure, dating from their time in the championship. It is quite large, so there will definitely be spaces on the day, unless something changed recently. The ground is surrounded by small streets and if you park close to the ground, getting away afterwards can be a nightmare. It is best to have a quick look at google maps and pick somewhere a medium walk away. The alley behind the away end where someone was stabbed years back is normally locked after the game, which can increase your walk.

But possibly save your life...

So we are told today 3 days before the game that pay on today will increase the ticket by £5 to £20

To be honest going to get fleeced either way. A long call on the phone with no guarantee of ticket arriving here in time to East Anglia or pay £20 on the day-

I waited last season for my ticket to arrive in vain for a match through the post and had to phone the club the day before the match who then told me they had put my ticket on the coach -thanks for letting me know when I booked -not!

£20 on the day instead of £15 - this is the kind of double standards that puts people off going!

Yup, that's the one. It was 'outside the ground', in the sense that it wasn't inside, but it was actually in one of those alleyways. Let Google Maps be your friend.

google maps?!!..more likely to muddy the waters!!... bit dramatic all this eh-bit of cloak n dagger..dont worry,i can walk with you if you like.

Ah right. Il give that the swerve then. Whats the situation with the ground then? In an industrial estate? Middle of load of social terraced housing like west ham? Our middle of nowhere?

ive been twice,one year it was snowing,havent they made some improvements,ie hot & cold water?...not the best place but one to tick of the list if you havent been...

Archived