IGNORED

Ticket Queue

matt1969bcfc

ive been and am still as i type on hold to the ticket office have been since 9.45 when i was 17 in queue ,i have now been 1 in queue for 20 minutes .my colleague diallled whilst i was 1 in queue and has moved from 11 to 9 !how ??

are you phoning the correct number 0117 963 0600?

ive been and am still as i type on hold to the ticket office have been since 9.45 when i was 17 in queue ,i have now been 1 in queue for 20 minutes .my colleague diallled whilst i was 1 in queue and has moved from 11 to 9 !how ??

He's in a different queue!

those nuber 10 and number 9 hung up?

Think you have dialled the wrong number enjoy Lady Gaga.

Please everyone. Do not ring the 0871 number. It gets you to the front of the queue and cuts you off. It is no longer in use, and I have no idea why the club haven't had it disconnected.

Phone 9630600 and only that one. It took me 2 and a half hours of repeated trying to get through this morning. Number was either engaged or saying mailbox full.

Just been down the gate.... cant believe the queues , both at the windows and in the shop.... stupid

Tried phoning all morning to ask about cut off time today for MK dons as I knew I would not be able to get there until my lunch break .... could not get through, either engaged or just ringing and ringing, even the shop number (option5) just rang and rang so I went down there on my lunch only to be told they are taken off the system at 12.00... I was there at 12.02....

Even though I had a feeling it might be the case why could it not state "sales close 12.00" on the away ticket page?

Of course if someone had bothered to answer the phone I would have found out anyway

Gonna try and book my ST online now for the Gash...... fat chance I expect

Please everyone. Do not ring the 0871 number. It gets you to the front of the queue and cuts you off. It is no longer in use, and I have no idea why the club haven't had it disconnected.

Phone 9630600 and only that one. It took me 2 and a half hours of repeated trying to get through this morning. Number was either engaged or saying mailbox full.

Kerching!

For a business so acutely in debt to not even be able to implement a simple system to access vital revenue is ridiculous and completely embarrassing. Who is running the show here? If this was a school it would be in Special Measures by now!

...and a good way to treat the fans who we are always being told they are so valued and important to the club

Just been down the gate.... cant believe the queues , both at the windows and in the shop.... stupid

Tried phoning all morning to ask about cut off time today for MK dons as I knew I would not be able to get there until my lunch break .... could not get through, either engaged or just ringing and ringing, even the shop number (option5) just rang and rang so I went down there on my lunch only to be told they are taken off the system at 12.00... I was there at 12.02....

Even though I had a feeling it might be the case why could it not state "sales close 12.00" on the away ticket page?

Of course if someone had bothered to answer the phone I would have found out anyway

Gonna try and book my ST online now for the Gash...... fat chance I expect

What's even more baffling about that is that they managed to tweet that info this morning - Surely the majority of people would use the OS for ticket info as opposed to Twitter!!

I know East End tickets aren't available online yet, but is there any other reason why so many people are trying to get tickets over the phone?

I don't really get it. Why pay to wait in a que for hours and hours and waste your day when you can get them online? I know the site hasn't been working at times over the last day or two but you can always try again later! That's what I did and seems a far more stress free way of buying tickets.

If you haven't tried buying online then do, it's easy!

I know East End tickets aren't available online yet, but is there any other reason why so many people are trying to get tickets over the phone?

I don't really get it. Why pay to wait in a que for hours and hours and waste your day when you can get them online? I know the site hasn't been working at times over the last day or two but you can always try again later! That's what I did and seems a far more stress free way of buying tickets.

If you haven't tried buying online then do, it's easy!

Oh no it isn't, or at least not always. If you read through the half-dozen or so threads that have been started over the last week on the subject of ticketing by frustrated fans, you'll see that a lot of people have had all sorts of problems, myself included.

The system, despite (or perhaps because of) a recent upgrade, is riddled with anomalies and inconsistencies, none better illustrated than my experience this morning, when I logged on in the vain hope that I might at last be able to buy a Palace ticket, having tried unsuccessfully to do so for the last week or so. Not a chance, yet I was able to reserve my ST seat for the Rovers game with no trouble at all.

Even then, I have to print an e-ticket, because the transaction can't simply be credited to my smart card, which is the whole idea of an automated, online system in the first place. Alternatively, I could spend hours on the phone and still be charged an additional quid to have the bloody thing sent to me, or turn up at AG in person to spend half my day hanging around in a queue. I have also read on the forum, incidentally, that the e-tickets are also useless, in as much as the barcodes don't scan at the turnstiles if you've printed then at home.

It's a total dog's breakfast. I've given up on Palace now: I can't be arsed wasting any more time on it and I know at least one mate who's had exactly the same experience and can't be bothered to go either, even though he's been told his ST seat is still, as yet, unsold. How much business might they have lost because of this shambles? Not for the first time in recent memory, it's a public relations disaster that's caused a lot of ill will between club and supporters. I really do despair of the administration's ability to get this most basic part of its core business working effectively.

Did I mention the shirts??

Yeah you did. Luckily results this season so far will keep the punters coming back for more......

...... Sorry, I meant luckily results will enable the crowd to dwindle to a level the phones can handle. That's strategic planning for you, give whoever's responsible a pay rise!!!!

Oh no it isn't, or at least not always. If you read through the half-dozen or so threads that have been started over the last week on the subject of ticketing by frustrated fans, you'll see that a lot of people have had all sorts of problems, myself included.

The system, despite (or perhaps because of) a recent upgrade, is riddled with anomalies and inconsistencies, none better illustrated than my experience this morning, when I logged on in the vain hope that I might at last be able to buy a Palace ticket, having tried unsuccessfully to do so for the last week or so. Not a chance, yet I was able to reserve my ST seat for the Rovers game with no trouble at all.

Even then, I have to print an e-ticket, because the transaction can't simply be credited to my smart card, which is the whole idea of an automated, online system in the first place. Alternatively, I could spend hours on the phone and still be charged an additional quid to have the bloody thing sent to me, or turn up at AG in person to spend half my day hanging around in a queue. I have also read on the forum, incidentally, that the e-tickets are also useless, in as much as the barcodes don't scan at the turnstiles if you've printed then at home.

It's a total dog's breakfast. I've given up on Palace now: I can't be arsed wasting any more time on it and I know at least one mate who's had exactly the same experience and can't be bothered to go either, even though he's been told his ST seat is still, as yet, unsold. How much business might they have lost because of this shambles? Not for the first time in recent memory, it's a public relations disaster that's caused a lot of ill will between club and supporters. I really do despair of the administration's ability to get this most basic part of its core business working effectively.

I can't believe they've had to go back to giving ST holders paper tickets. Welcome to the 21st century!!!

I too have given up on the Palace game, initially tried to order tickets last Friday, system down, was told they would call me Monday to sort it out, they didn't. Rang again Tuesday, system down, promised a call back. At 4.30 exactly 1 week later, I've still not had the call and now can't be arsed.

Archived