IGNORED

City Vs Franchise Matchday Thread

I'm in work until the second half today so obviously won't be make it,What's everyone's predicted team

Fielding

Moloney

Flint

Williams

Cunningham

Wagstaff

Wynter

Pack

Bryan

Jet

Baldock

that would be the team I would like to see but expecting a swap of Bryan and Elliott

I am going and I can't wait. Would love to see a good performance for the whole 90.

That team is the exact one I would pick.

I'm in work until the second half today so obviously won't be make it,What's everyone's predicted team

Fielding

Moloney

Flint

Williams

Cunningham

Wagstaff

Wynter

Pack

Bryan

Jet

Baldock

that would be the team I would like to see but expecting a swap of Bryan and Elliott

All indications are that Marvin will start. SOD's made it clear he doesn't believe we're capable of outpassing them so we need to nullify them in midfield and look to score from a set piece or a Baldock breakaway goal.

Doesn't sound like we'll be too adventurous today.

Hopefully you're correct, but you never know if Kilkenny will play? It's very wet here at the moment and SoD may pick a team for the conditions! The pitch and stadium look very nice as I look at it through my bedroom window :) safe journey to those travelling up. There's a KFC and McDonald's around by where the coaches get dropped off, COYR.

don't matter who he plays-we're gonna get walloped again

nothing up front

Karl Robinson seems to think we have the best strikeforce in the league....

"They [bristol City] got the best strikers in the league - Marlon Harewood, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and of course [former MK Dons player] Sam Baldock.

"They also have a wonderful manager [sean O'Driscoll] who worked wonders at Doncaster.

"I wish Sam was wearing white on Saturday. I still speak to him regularly. If he stays fit, Bristol City will be challenging. I'm asking the fans to give him a tremendous ovation before the game."

"They [bristol City] got the best strikers in the league - Marlon Harewood, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and of course [former MK Dons player] Sam Baldock.

"They also have a wonderful manager [sean O'Driscoll] who worked wonders at Doncaster.

"I wish Sam was wearing white on Saturday. I still speak to him regularly. If he stays fit, Bristol City will be challenging. I'm asking the fans to give him a tremendous ovation before the game."

That's just the usual managerial ass covering exercise. Didn't Coventry's boss say similar?

Quite. But i think there's an element of truth in there. Harewood has scored goals at the highest level, JET and Baldock have had a decent start to the season.

What we lack is strength in depth.

Agree, all 3 are/should be good enough at this level, hopefully Robinsons word prove prophetic.

For what it's worth, this is what I believe.

The 3 games so far only Bradford was an acceptable performance/result and the excuse from many on here is that we have had a tough start, I don't personally agree with that. Over last weekend post Wolves many posters were predicting our season starts today because we should beat MK Dons but as the week has progressed the expectations have lowered. To be honest I would take a point today, but if we lose do we lower our expectations (again)?.

Deficiencies overpower our strengths

Unfortunately our deficiencies overpower our strengths.

That's just the usual managerial ass covering exercise. Didn't Coventry's boss say similar?

Yes, any clown can see we've got goals in this side. It's what's not said that's important.... When an opposition manager starts talking about our strength at the back/lack of goals conceded, then we'll know we are in business. Will that happen soon? I don't think so, keeper looks week, fullbacks poor and Flint to me looks overpriced for a basic player lacking in the leadership and organisational skills of a Taylor/McCoombe. How close to fitness is Carey? At least we know he'll get things better organised.

Archived