IGNORED

City Vs Franchise Matchday Thread

Chatting to the barman last night and he was saying they're a good side, he even compared them like Barcelona in keeping the ball!! I think it will be a good game, the pitch will be wet and fast which I think suits us :/ I hope....

So the gash are the 'Barcelona of league 2' and mk are the 'Barcelona of league 1' ?

Don't see the need for all the pessimism here. We narrowly lost to the team who are probably going to win the league last week. MK are certainly no world beaters, however, much they pass the ball. Only scored a goal a game so far. I think if we can score 1-2 goals, which is more than possible with our attack then we'll be good for a point or 3 (provided neither Fontaine or Kilkenny play of course!)

And it's worth noting we have a good record against MK winning both our previous trips there.

#BristolCity v MK Dons: Fielding; Moloney, Flint, Williams, Cunningham; Wagstaff, Elliott, Reid, Bryan; Emmanuel-Thomas, Baldock.

#BristolCity subs: Parish, Fontaine, Kilkenny, Wynter, Pack, Harewood, Burns.

Just got here. Very weird place. No parking, whole place lacks atmosphere and character as well. Stadium looks more like a giant bath than a football ground!

It because it isn't a proper football town,they couldn't ( wouldn't) support a team from there own town,so they bought one in.

That's why I would never ever travel to MK and give them a penny of my money.

Pleased to see Reid getting an opportunity.

It is odd though, O'Driscoll has put a lot of work into strengthening our midfield but we have now reverted back to 3 midfielders that were there last season.

It is odd though, O'Driscoll has put a lot of work into strengthening our midfield but we have now reverted back to 3 midfielders that were there last season.

Yes but Reid and Bryan were hardly to blame were they?

Both Reid and Bryan are a year older and more experienced aswell as playing in a league lower than last year so while you're technicly right i don't see anything wrong with this. Elliott hasnt exactly let us down yet either

Liking the look of this team, with Pack and Wynter available from the bech we look strong. Not sure Pack has done much to deserve getting dropped but maybe he's fatigued, or bobby has just edged infront of him in the pecking order? Either way happy with that COYR!

Team looks balanced but a little lightweight in midfield. Looks good, on paper, to me. Trouble is that we have too many midfielders (3central midfielders on the bench with Kelly and Pearson also to come back) and while we're not winning SOD keeps shuffling them which in turn means they're not finding any consistency. It's concerning that nobody seems to have a clue on our best line up and we we continually switch things around. Sometimes I reckon it's better to just stick to a line up and let them play themselves into form (remember the lack of success from Del's constant chopping and changing).

Archived