IGNORED

Which Cricket Team Do You Support?

Aizoon

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ah - a big club glory-hunter [ENORMOUS GRIN]

Just a minute - not a glory hunter, I grew up up there. As a kid I used to watch a team with Close, Trueman, illingworth, Boycott, Johnny Hampshire, Jimmmy Binks, Phil Sharpe and all. Biased obviously but that was a team that would give many test sides a run for their money. Have now lived in and around Bristol for nearly 40 years and consider myself dual nationality: Yorkshire and Somerset. Obviously my kids, who are a mixuture of both nationailities, are a complete mess.

Just a minute - not a glory hunter, I grew up up there. As a kid I used to watch a team with Close, Trueman, illingworth, Boycott, Johnny Hampshire, Jimmmy Binks, Phil Sharpe and all. Biased obviously but that was a team that would give many test sides a run for their money. Have now lived in and around Bristol for nearly 40 years and consider myself dual nationality: Yorkshire and Somerset. Obviously my kids, who are a mixuture of both nationailities, are a complete mess.

Just joking. That was a class set-up - when they could be persuaded to stop fighting each other and pay attention to the opposition ;)

A mate of mine from Mendip supports Leeds because his Yorkshire father inflicted them on him :(

Just joking. That was a class set-up - when they could be persuaded to stop fighting each other and pay attention to the opposition ;)

A mate of mine from Mendip supports Leeds because his Yorkshire father inflicted them on him :(

Very true, lthough there were all great cricketers but as a group they were always at each others thoats and very dislikable as people. I have many stories I could tell, none of them of pleasant or suitable for publication. The last days of the Borgias were fairly calm compared to the goings on at YCCC over the years.

Sorry to hear about your mate being saddlled with Leeds - the one football club I would wish out of existence. I could recommend a combination of Bristol City and Huddersfield Town as much more suitable, but if both make the Champions' League Final I don't know what I'll do.

The River Avon was "The Divide", so being born and raised on the South Side it has to be Somerset for me.

There you are then. I was raised in Clifton within sight of the Gate but North (actually East) of the river. My grandfather, who'd seen Grace play, was a Glos member, and he took me to my first game in 1954. Tom Graveney is the only surviving member of that team :(

Ron Nicholls, Barrie Meyer and Arthur Milton all played for City, BTW.

Glos for me. Used to go over on lunch breaks from college. Sit drinking blackthorn and watch Jack stand up to Courtney in April and May. He was some wicket keeper.

Do keep a look out for Somerset as well. Can't get partisan about cricket unless it's England Australia

Jack was my hero. My keeping gloves were signed by him and I refused to wear inners simply because he didn't.

Shame I was utter shite. :)

Archived