IGNORED

Lindley's Catering

Aizoon

Demonstrated their total incompetence at Nevil Road today. Not only did their stall run out of horrible burgers before the interval ended, they managed to run out of milk for the coffee. Apparently it didn't occur to them people would turn up en masse for a Bank Holiday game between two local rivals competing for a semifinal place.

D'oh!

Mind you, it's nice to see that not only footy fans suffer ;)

PS I sat behind a couple of Somerset lads dissecting a bun filled with Lindley's "pulled pork" and saying very unkind and obscene things about it. Why do sports fans put up with this sh1te? :grr:

PPS My wife made me some very nice chicken sandwiches and a kind lady gave me a biscuit, so I was all right :)

Edited for spelling

Surely it's not hard to pop out to buy a couple of pints of milk........ or do they have to buy it from a specific place, at a specific time, for a specific amount as laid down by management ?

Almost certainly. They prolly buy it from a holding company in the Cayman Islands so they don't get taxed here :(

Slightly off-piste, but do Lindley actually offer any pies/pasties at the gate?

I've only ever seen them just do the standard burgers and chips rubbish.

The Chicken Balti is actually not bad apart from a propensity to disntegrate unless eaten correctly.

Slightly off-piste, but do Lindley actually offer any pies/pasties at the gate?

I've only ever seen them just do the standard burgers and chips rubbish.

They do, but I always buy a Clarks Pie outside the ground and take in the Dolman Exhaubition Hall with me. I won't pay £3 for a tiny, tasteless pie that they offer.

They do, but I always buy a Clarks Pie outside the ground and take in the Dolman Exhaubition Hall with me. I won't pay £3 for a tiny, tasteless pie that they offer.

I've never understood why the club don't link up with Clarks, their pies are the best, and their pastys are not bad either.

Lindley's are awful, dog meat pies and burgers, as others have said, i tend to go to the clark pie van opposite the BS3 pub before the game. Even there cheese and onion pasties are class!!

Although, the best pie at football ive ever tasted was without a doubt the 'Killie pie' at Kilmarnocks ground. Went with City last pre season and they are just amazing. Filled with steak and gravy, so tasty. Id love it if we could arrange a deal with the company that made them to get their pies down here!

It does amaze me when seeing the queues for 'food' at AG, it seems some can't go 90mins without eating?

Support local trade!

A good pie is part of the football experience, although not at the Gate :(

For decent food at a decent price, go to the Methanium. Pity about the football, though :rofl2br:

Am a catering manager/ chef in Dorset- Why don't the club make their own pies? They must have kitchens at AG and they are so simple and profitable to make. On a fact finding tour tonight(and watch us thrash hollow heads lot)May start a bring back a proper pie campaign!

+1

Archived