IGNORED

Lindley's Catering

Aizoon

I just looked at Lindley's website, they supply the "catering" at a lot if sports grounds. Including Spurs, I wonder how much they knock their burgers out for up there?

In the home end I think Spurs have numerous catering suppliers - we're not big enough to invite tenders for a competitive environment, sales would have to be very high for anyone to consider it.

I've always wondered why large high street companies don't go for these things - for example greggs often operate out of very small shops extremely productively and, although prices would go up slightly, high street bakers are rarely expensive. They wouldn't fit in most of the catering areas at AG but some other grounds definitley have the capacity to do this.

The closest thing I've seen is a subway bult into the side of some football grounds.

It really is the age old thing that if people buy it, the club will sell it and charge it. Therefore it's the "I must have something to eat even if it tastes like a bat took a piss in battery acid" mentality which is the reason it continues to be as bad as it is.

Fair point but, on a cold night, I need something to warm me up. Of course, I could try taking in a Thermos of coffee like I used to...

Spelling

Fair point but, on a cold night, I need something to warm me up. Of course, I could try taking in a Thermos of coffee like I used to...

Spelling

What, you mean the scintillating edge of the seat football we've been served up over the last few years hasn't been enough to keep you and Horace warm on matchday? I am well and truly shocked and horrified! ;)

For the next home game I am smuggling in a small mobile generator.

Providing fans bring their own kettles, for a small charge undercutting Lindleys I can provide a socket to enable fellow fans to boil water for their scrumptious flavoursome pot noodles.

The premier league will look on in awe. Our fans will be the best fed in any of the football leagues and the euphoria will spread to the pitch starting an unbeaten run of results catapulting us to promotion.

Support Cyril's catering now, support Bristol City.

Providing fans bring their own kettles, for a small charge undercutting Lindleys I can provide a socket to enable fellow fans to boil water for their scrumptious flavoursome pot noodles.

The premier league will look on in awe. Our fans will be the best fed in any of the football leagues and the euphoria will spread to the pitch starting an unbeaten run of results catapulting us to promotion.

I reckon with maybe 500 four gang extension leads you might be on to something ! :fear:

What, you mean the scintillating edge of the seat football we've been served up over the last few years hasn't been enough to keep you and Horace warm on matchday? I am well and truly shocked and horrified! ;)

The last game Horace and I saw together was Sheff Wed. It was bitterly cold and there was zero excitement. I was shivering so much that I spilled half the coffee I bought to warm us up. From the chip stall on the way out. of course, not bloody Lindley's ;)

Quite feasible as long as you don't try to bring in cans of Coke :o

BTW, can one bring in a Thermos these days?

Award Winning Food at Ashton Gate!!! Unducking believeable!!!

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, who judges this! Because they are an idiot. I did Corporate Hospitality 3 time last season and the closest comparison I can find, is that it was similar to the Pre-heated muck you get ripped off for at a Motorway service station, slightly better than a little chef!

Award winning. Christ

Award Winning Food at Ashton Gate!!! Unducking believeable!!!

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, who judges this! Because they are an idiot. I did Corporate Hospitality 3 time last season and the closest comparison I can find, is that it was similar to the Pre-heated muck you get ripped off for at a Motorway service station, slightly better than a little chef!

Award winning. Christ

Couldn't have been that bad if you went three times ?

Demonstrated their total incompetence at Nevil Road today. Not only did their stall run out of horrible burgers before the interval ended, they managed to run out of milk for the coffee. Apparently it didn't occur to them people would turn up en masse for a Bank Holiday game between two local rivals competing for a semifinal place.

D'oh!

Mind you, it's nice to see that not only footy fans suffer ;)

PS I sat behind a couple of Somerset lads dissecting a bun filled with Lindley's "pulled pork" and saying very unkind and obscene things about it. Why do sports fans put up with this sh1te? :grr:

PPS My wife made me some very nice chicken sandwiches and a kind lady gave me a biscuit, so I was all right :)

Edited for spelling

Catering at sports events in this country normally means we put up with absolute carp.

We can take the Michael out of the Yanks as much as we like but their catering is just bloody amazing.

Why is it we just can't see that there is a good money spinner here if done properly. The profit margins on food & drink can be huge.

Catering at sports events in this country normally means we put up with absolute carp.

We can take the Michael out of the Yanks as much as we like but their catering is just bloody amazing.

Why is it we just can't see that there is a good money spinner here if done properly. The profit margins on food & drink can be huge.

We get the worst of both world. The mark-ups are huge and the food is still carp :(

Just walked into the Dolman Exhibition Hall with a Clarks Pie I bought from the van on Ashton Road, the security guy on the door told me that not to eat in here as the caterers are complaining! I do this every game and always against my better judgement pay £2 for chips. I find the fact that these Lindley's ***** are now telling people that if they don't eat there shit food then they can't eat anything in a season ticket holders bar unacceptabl.

Just walked into the Dolman Exhibition Hall with a Clarks Pie I bought from the van on Ashton Road, the security guy on the door told me that not to eat in here as the caterers are complaining! I do this every game and always against my better judgement pay £2 for chips. I find the fact that these Lindley's ***** are now telling people that if they don't eat there shit food then they can't eat anything in a season ticket holders bar unacceptabl.

Bar stewards! Mind you, no one would eat Lindley's shite if they didn't have to :grr:

Why not take your own cider in as well?

Archived