IGNORED

Fontaine

redsince82

I've heard a "whisper" from somebody close to Fontaine, that he is considering a move to Yeovil. Before anyone asks my source, i aint saying, but apparently it comes from the horses mouth... not that i am calling Fontaine a horse. In my opinion, it could be a good move for both the player and the club.

I've heard a "whisper" from somebody close to Fontaine, that he is considering a move to Yeovil. Before anyone asks my source, i aint saying, but apparently it comes from the horses mouth... not that i am calling Fontaine a horse. In my opinion, it could be a good move for both the player and the club.

Probably best for him to be honest, seems like he could do with a move to get himself sorted.

Even a month long loan move would be good for him I think.

You mean that source called football rumours site made up crap!! How many threads do we need on Fontaine !!

I never have and never will visit a rumours site. I certainly would not visit said site and then pass off any such rumour as "inside knowledge". I am only repeating what i heard from somebody close to the player.

Here is a novel idea, if you don't want to read yet another thread,on a subject that clearly bores you, why not try the age old thing of ignoring certain threads and just read the ones that interest you. Then again, you could always read all of the threads that you don't like, and post a pathetic comment ensuring that the thread gets placed at the top of the list, hence getting more views.

After listening to SO'D interview last night he metions us being short on numbers in defence, so unless a centre half is incoming we won't be letting Fontaine go.

I don't think O'Connor and Shorey would count as replacements either, we would need a defender(s) in addition to them.

After listening to SO'D interview last night he metions us being short on numbers in defence, so unless a centre half is incoming we won't be letting Fontaine go.

I don't think O'Connor and Shorey would count as replacements either, we would need a defender(s) in addition to them.

Surprised we haven't given James Wilson a chance at this level yet.

No need for the booing tonight when Fontaine came on. Poor show.

I agree. No matter how bad things have been, FANS simply should not boo their own players onto the pitch.

Fair enough, if his performance on the day is shite, then you're within your rights to show your disappointment. But you can't do this as he's taking to the field - that's out of order.

Fonts has been pretty poor - since the Southampton fitness failure to be fair. However, he was once classed as our best central defender (which is why the saints were interested) - I do think its best he moves on but surely this is a "confidence" thing or is it a lack of ability (which he once had) - whatever the answer is - it was very very very sad to hear some of the crowd booing when he came on tonight.

Not good for him, not good for the squad, not good for SOD, and very embarrasing for our supporters. I agree that it maybe best for him to move on but he has been a pretty good servant and has captained OUR club. One poster has pointed out we have no central defenders for back up whatsoever....and dont rely on Louis or badmouth him - he is too old and a fringe player now and cant be expected to perform like he has done over his city career.

I agree. No matter how bad things have been, FANS simply should not boo their own players onto the pitch.

Fair enough, if his performance on the day is shite, then you're within your rights to show your disappointment. But you can't do this as he's taking to the field - that's out of order.

I quite agree. Harry. Achieves nothing.

Fortunate for us though he wasn't on the field long enough to do much wrong - apart from colliding with Elliott and allowing them to pass to their goalscorer.

The retards that were booing are a disgrace and should crawl back under 'there' rocks

True. I did think to myself "oh here we go" when Fonts was brought on. There was also a wave of nervous energy when he got on the ball. But booing someone onto the pitch is ridiculas, I mean the happy clappers in the Ateyo didn't even give that welcome to Hollowhead!

(Also if you're going to call people retards, make sure you check for grammatical errors... ;) )

I never have and never will visit a rumours site. I certainly would not visit said site and then pass off any such rumour as "inside knowledge". I am only repeating what i heard from somebody close to the player.

Here is a novel idea, if you don't want to read yet another thread,on a subject that clearly bores you, why not try the age old thing of ignoring certain threads and just read the ones that interest you. Then again, you could always read all of the threads that you don't like, and post a pathetic comment ensuring that the thread gets placed at the top of the list, hence getting more views.

Excellent posts redsince. Especially about the carping over another Font thread (don't read what you don't like! I don't like Andy McNab's books - I don't go in to Waterstones, buy one of his novels, take it home and then proclaim, "Not another Andy McNab book Bloody hell!"

I thought it was good psychological man-management by SOD last night to bring Fonts on (although it did seem like he was trying to sneak him on, in front of as low a crowd as possible, when no-one was looking - short of saying, "Look over there!" to the crowd, SOD couldn't have done much more to hide it!).

He did ok, couple of good solid blocks in the area, one excellent header. Whilst on the floor. Let's ignore the fact they scored when he was on the pitch too.

I'm a Fontaine fan - he's played more good games for us than bad (although that ratio has been changing for a while), many people forget what an excellent centre-back he was for a long time and in the squad I'd still want someone of his potential ability (if it can be mined again, and if anyone's gonna do that it'll be SOD).

He hasn't lost that ability, but his head is all over the place and no wonder, the amount of dog's abuse he's received (rightly or wrongly, but it certainly hasn't helped him). Maybe a spell for another team, gaining a bit of confidence, would do us good too (less Fontaine/Andy McNab threads for us to read!) although the Champ for a (probably soon-to-be) struggling small team might not be the best place for him!

On a personal level, he's a human and if I suddenly lost my mojo at work like that I'd be in a pretty bad place (irrespective of wages, let's not start that nonsense - no-one complained about his wages when we were at Wembley in '08).

We all have the right to whinge, shout, moan - here and at the game - but let's keep it all in perspective.

Williams looks a decent young player (although I'm not sure centre-half is the best place to blood a 20 year-old, especially with Flint new to football and us) but maybe we can still get him back to his best...

Those booing him last night are an absolute disgrace to be honest. Completely and utterly needless.

Why threaten ruining what was a great atmosphere and performance by doing such a stupid thing? We were very comfortable when he came on and I admit I gave it the old 'oh no' when he came on....but boo him? Really? Is it beyond people to get behind him? Especially when things are going well for a change.

Can I just ask what did people think they were going to achieve by doing that? I honestly despair at the thought that some people can be so ******* stupid!

Archived