IGNORED

Gills Or Gas?

Who Are Rovers?

I know you're asking City fans and not me, but I'm going to answer from my perspective anyway! :P

In my opinion, the League is the bread and butter and we must get out of the basement asap. So if I was offered the guarantee of a win in only one of the games I'd take a win against Northampton on Saturday rather than the JPT tie - I'd much prefer to play you properly twice in L1 next season (assuming you're not relegated of course) and would happily give up the bragging rights for this season as the price.

Of course, it's all rhetorical anyway as we're gonna win them both! :ph34r:

Stupid question, if you lose a league game then you have another 40 odd to make it up, if we lose to Basement Rovers we never hear the last of it and it is broadcast to the nation for good measure. Let us stuff them 3-0 and then move on with our assault on 4 pieces of silverware this season.

I know you're asking City fans and not me, but I'm going to answer from my perspective anyway! :P

In my opinion, the League is the bread and butter and we must get out of the basement asap. So if I was offered the guarantee of a win in only one of the games I'd take a win against Northampton on Saturday rather than the JPT tie - I'd much prefer to play you properly twice in L1 next season (assuming you're not relegated of course) and would happily give up the bragging rights for this season as the price.

Of course, it's all rhetorical anyway as we're gonna win them both! :ph34r:

Yeah, but if you lose you can say "you're a division higher than us" but if you win you won't shut up about it for years

So to answer the original question, I'd choose beating the gas (but I think we'll win both)

In terms of who we should put the strongest team out against (if players aren't fit enough for both) I'd say definitely Gillingham. I think a first league win will make a far bigger difference to our season than another cup win, even against close rivals. That said, we should be targeting wins in both games - I know it's taken a while for us to get going in the league but these are both games we should be favourites for.

The last time we lost to the Sags we averted the distraction of the cup and sealed promotion. I would by far rather collect three valuable points.

The JPT is inconsequential rubbish and bragging rights last for five minutes. Every single point in the league is absolutely essential from the first game to the last. When looking at the league table at the end of the season you can bet that there are only a handful of points that separate success and failure.

Three points against the Gills and a quick exit from this cup competition to avoid extra games and injuries in our young, developing, undersized squad.

I'm honestly not sure I believe any Rovers or City fan who chooses a run of the mill league fixture/cup game over beating their local rivals.

If we beat Northampton on Saturday I will have forgotten about it by Tuesday, if we beat you I will remember it for the rest of my life.

Even if you are big favourites on Wednesday , I will still be pig sick if you beat us. If we were leading with a minute to go there arent many things I wouldn't promise the football gods to keep that lead.

If anyone doesn't 'get' that sort of rivalry then I think they are missing out on one of the best (and worst) things about being a football fan.

The last time we lost to the Sags we averted the distraction of the cup and sealed promotion. I would by far rather collect three valuable points.

The JPT is inconsequential rubbish and bragging rights last for five minutes. Every single point in the league is absolutely essential from the first game to the last. When looking at the league table at the end of the season you can bet that there are only a handful of points that separate success and failure.

Three points against the Gills and a quick exit from this cup competition to avoid extra games and injuries in our young, developing, undersized squad.

The same season Rovers had the distraction of the cup, made a few hundred thousand pounds from the final and still sealed promotion ;)

Now there, young Orbital, let me tell you, in the boardroom and the VIP suites, where I, as a BCFC grandee, am expected to host and entertain visiting directors and various dignitaries, the bragging rights next Wednesday, should we happen to triumph, will last as long as that Mick Higgs and his, er, distinguished, colleagues, can tolerate myself and Steve and everyone, 'bragging' loud and long. And I rather hope it will be more than five minutes. We'll follow them out to their bus or minibus, or whatever they come in, and milk every second. We certainly 'milked' it when we beat those milkmen, Denis and his irritating little boy, years ago. And, don't dismiss the ever important opportunity to rake it in with another cup game.

I just wonder if all those disco biscuits and all that raving back in the 90s haven't altered your faculties a little?

Would love to absolutely humiliate the gas, with Baldock doing a Joe Payne, shut em up good and proper, wont happen though, reckon it will be a tight edgy game.

Saying all that the league is our bread and butter and the quicker we start picking up wins in the league the better.

someone has asked the same question about our game with Northampton on saturday... its a no brainer

It has to be a derby match victory , most of us have friends . even family who are from 'the otherside' the days , weeks , months even years of constant reminding of "the last time we played we beat you" is horrible and no matter how you/we say its only the JPT ect its City v Rovers and the outcome is much more important than any 3 points in the league (unless of course its a league derby match(maybe one day!!!)

Coming away from Ashton after beating you lot is something you just cant replicate , smirking away trying not make it obvious whilst inside jumping for joy as you walk past the KFC firm and the walk back to the car/bus or whatever it is .

Same for you lot when you beat us

Heres to a good game and of course an unlikely win for us!

The JPT is inconsequential rubbish and bragging rights last for five minutes.

Have you spoke to a gashead in the last 7 years???. They live off that poxy JPT win. By beating them it will take away the only thing they have over us (because the trouncing in pre season doesn't count apparently)

Id choose a win against the Gash, mind you, I don't see promotion this season as the be all this year either.

I'm honestly not sure I believe any Rovers or City fan who chooses a run of the mill league fixture/cup game over beating their local rivals.

If we beat Northampton on Saturday I will have forgotten about it by Tuesday, if we beat you I will remember it for the rest of my life.

Even if you are big favourites on Wednesday , I will still be pig sick if you beat us. If we were leading with a minute to go there arent many things I wouldn't promise the football gods to keep that lead.

If anyone doesn't 'get' that sort of rivalry then I think they are missing out on one of the best (and worst) things about being a football fan.

I completely agree with all of this, only from a City point of view!

Would people honestly rather beat Gillingham on the weekend than Rovers next week? Honestly?! Because if so that is just mental, and like Miahdennehy I'm struggling to believe that can be the case.

Really I'm expecting to beat Gillingham after the league cup result a few weeks back.

The group are probably going to be a tired going into the Gas game and the Shrewsbury game after sat, tues, sat, wed, sat. Anything can happen in football, especially derby matches. It'll be my first City v Rovers match, hopefully collect some good memories.

Archived