IGNORED

Gills Or Gas?

Who Are Rovers?

If it was promotion, or even relegation, or beat the gas, then the former.

I have every expectation however that we will finish mid table this year, without to much problem., Given that, whilst I am usually a 'league first' type, here I would go for beating the gas. One result either way in the league I suspect will not make a huge difference either way, and this may therefore be one of the highlights!

Just wondering,if you had a choice, which gam you would rather win? Personally, as it is only a JPT cup game, I would rather see us win on Saturday, thoughts?

Saturday is far more important.

Last season, in the Championship, the JPT was looked upon as "Mickey Mouse".

We had 46 big games against sides with Premier League ambitions or experience.

Regardless of who we play, the JPT isn't important.

What is important is stopping the slide we are currently on in the league.

I think our young charges will gain better and more experiences in games like Gillingham away than a home game against lower league opposition, albeit our local rivals.

Motivation shouldn't be an issue for Wednesday, but being "up" for a 350 mile round trip playing in front of a less than half full stadium is a little more difficult.

Yes, I do want City to trounce the Golloms from the Northern wastes, but I'll take the 3 points on Saturday as my preferred choice.

Saturday is far more important.

Last season, in the Championship, the JPT was looked upon as "Mickey Mouse".

We had 46 big games against sides with Premier League ambitions or experience.

Regardless of who we play, the JPT isn't important.

What is important is stopping the slide we are currently on in the league.

I think our young charges will gain better and more experiences in games like Gillingham away than a home game against lower league opposition, albeit our local rivals.

Motivation shouldn't be an issue for Wednesday, but being "up" for a 350 mile round trip playing in front of a less than half full stadium is a little more difficult.

Yes, I do want City to trounce the Golloms from the Northern wastes, but I'll take the 3 points on Saturday as my preferred choice.

Which game are you going too..?

Painful though it would be, I definitely would rather take the three points and help us along the path to our rightful place of two divisions above the gas. It's not as if we have got off to a flying start so we do need the points to kick start the league season.

Gills all day long. Need a win in the league as quickly as possible. The team/fans would probably get more stick for losing Saturdays game than next Wednesdays.

The fans would get more stick for losing to Gillingham than losing to Rovers? That is potentially the most farcical sentence I have ever read on this forum.

Pi$$ Pot trophy or not, I think this is one game that should take precedent over the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to remind themselves about how long the sags have been banging on about 2007. Tbh, when we lost that game I really wasn't that bothered, as the league WAS far more important at that stage of the season. On the other hand, after hearing the sags then going on and on and on about it I now want us to go out and really rub their noses in it.

Even if we do stuff them, they'll obviously come out with some old carp like it's an earlier round, so their win was better than ours, etc, etc, but I want City to go out and prove they are the top dogs and deserve to be Bristol's top club. A good hammering would make it very difficult for even the most delusional sags to deny it, though they history proves they'll still probably try.

They've got more to gain, so they'll be up for it, so City need to match that. Sure it will be a hard match, but it could be interesting encounter when the pie eater Kenneth meets JET, if he's on the same form as Tuesday night.

Beating Rovers. Absolute no brainer surely?

Not really, no. In my opinion, the league is significantly more important.

Put it another way, would you prefer to finish 2 points out of the play-offs or automatic promotion, but have a win v Rovers in a 3rd rate cup competition to reminisce over?

Put it another way, would you prefer to finish 2 points out of the play-offs or automatic promotion, but have a win v Rovers in a 3rd rate cup competition to reminisce over?

The league is more important for sure but I want to shut those gas ******* up. I get what you are saying but if we lose to the Gills we still have 41 games to put it right.

If at the end of the season we missed out on the play offs by 2 points then there will be a load of games we could say potentially cost us. It would have nothing to do with any potential defeat to the Gills.

The league is more important for sure but I want to shut those gas ******* up. I get what you are saying but if we lose to the Gills we still have 41 games to put it right.

If at the end of the season we missed out on the play offs by 2 points then there will be a load of games we could say potentially cost us. It would have nothing to do with any potential defeat to the Gills.

I agree that over a league season it is impossible to say "this is game/moment/goal that cost us", however in this specific fantasy world you are trading a league win for a JPT win, the consequence being you have 3 less points.

To be perfectly honest, I hope that, as well as winning this weekend, we beat them next week, and that that is the last time we ever face them in any competition thereafter.

I agree that over a league season it is impossible to say "this is game/moment/goal that cost us", however in this specific fantasy world you are trading a league win for a JPT win, the consequence being you have 3 less points.

To be perfectly honest, I hope that, as well as winning this weekend, we beat them next week, and that that is the last time we ever face them in any competition thereafter.

I hope we can grab two wins. No reason why we can't. Need to get on a run now.

Call me childish but I just can't take losing to the gas.

We are good enough now to at least draw vs gills,but the gasheads at work are now coming out of the closet,so I would predict 1-1 saturday,3-0 vs gas,baldock,jet,elliot! Then thurs morning see who comes out with the first excuse!

Continuing this, I would obviously like us to beat the sags and then Peterborough but given the choice of one, it would have to be boro and 3pts.

Sag game build up has been going since it was known and will make us a few quid but it is mainly about street cred and bragging rights.

Going to be fireworks at this game, the plod will earn there money and we will be blamed whatever happens. :yes:

We are good enough now to at least draw vs gills,but the gasheads at work are now coming out of the closet,so I would predict 1-1 saturday,3-0 vs gas,baldock,jet,elliot! Then thurs morning see who comes out with the first excuse!

You're halfway there - keep it up...

Archived