IGNORED

Thermos Flask

Aizoon

Sounds horrible, but will have to give it a try just to see what the fuss is about :)

Not my drink of choice really, only ever drink it at footie. I only ever drink coffee, not tea, daughter only drinks tea not coffee, son rarely drinks either. So Ribena is what we at least agree on once a fortnight! On a cold night you are just glad of anything hot, oooo eerr!!

Surely the club should be doing something about this thermos situation. As it stands, people are just turning up at the ground willi nilly, drinking their preferred choice of beverage and going quietly home after. Aizoon's form-filling idea seems in keeping with our current customer-focussed brand values. Also, some unfeasible queuing times could be incorporated in, say, a pre-match inspection procedure. Random confiscations. People being arrested on suspicion of hot ribena pilfering, that sort of thing.

I understand that thermi (surely not thermoses?) are OK. However, if you are intending to drink near the pitch then you must take the lid off before entering the ground.

Additionally, if you have alcohol in the flask (hot ribena - as if!!) then you must not drink from it within sight of the pitch.

For the really clever, the thermos with the check print pattern can trick the latest Green 4 Solutions barcode readers and double up as a Season Ticket*.

*Doesn't work in the Eastend obviously.

I understand that thermi (surely not thermoses?) are OK. However, if you are intending to drink near the pitch then you must take the lid off before entering the ground.

Additionally, if you have alcohol in the flask (hot ribena - as if!!) then you must not drink from it within sight of the pitch.

For the really clever, the thermos with the check print pattern can trick the latest Green 4 Solutions barcode readers and double up as a Season Ticket*.

*Doesn't work in the Eastend obviously.

I can put the top back on afterwards, right? Do the stewards sniff it? Even if it's got chillies in it?

We all know a joke about check print pattern Thermoi, don't we?

I'm no health and safety expert but surely any one with intent could smuggle in smoke bombs ,fireworks flares etc under the pretence of a hot mulligatawny, I look forward to the day when these ticking time bombs have their own X ray machines /scanners similar to airports.

It should only add a few minutes to the match day experience and I for one will sleep easily knowing that every eventuallity has been covered.

I posted the info below earlier today, but it was deleted due to the computer glitch. As there has been some renewed interest in Thermos flasks, and the info was important, here it is again:

You’ve got to be very careful with the term “Thermos”. This is a trade name for a vacuum flask and used by people in the same way that they say Hoover when they mean vacuum cleaner.

If you get the clubs agreement to bring in a Thermos, but actually bring a vacuum flask made by another manufacturer, you will be breaking the contract between yourself and the club. This may mean that they confiscate the offending drinking vessel.

Of course, for a Thermos flask, the vacuum used isn't technically a complete vacuum. Because it is difficult to create a vacuum on a large industrial scale, the vacuum used in the Thermos flask is merely an area with an atmospheric pressure that is much lower than the air around it, which accomplishes the same job. This lack of air and particles in the "vacuum" area allows for minimal heat transfer in a Thermos flask.

A suppose these things are called a vacuum flask as this is much easier than a ”an atmospheric pressure that is much lower than the air around flask”

As an aside, i recently attended an event at the o2 arena and was told that if i wanted to take my bottle of pop in that they'd have to take the lid from me. I asked why and was told that a discarded bottle with lid attached will roll when stepped on, causing people to slip over on them. A bottle without a lid would simply crush. I presume the reason for this is the same at AG and thus presumably ”an atmospheric pressure that is much lower than the air around flask”/Thermos is fine because people won't be discarding them.

As an aside, i recently attended an event at the o2 arena and was told that if i wanted to take my bottle of pop in that they'd have to take the lid from me. I asked why and was told that a discarded bottle with lid attached will roll when stepped on, causing people to slip over on them. A bottle without a lid would simply crush. I presume the reason for this is the same at AG and thus presumably ”an atmospheric pressure that is much lower than the air around flask”/Thermos is fine because people won't be discarding them.

And there's me thinking it's about them selling their own soft drinks at inflated prices :o

What a cynical old bu99er I am :(

Archived