IGNORED

2 Teams?

glynriley

2 Teams?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope. There is only ever one team for me. I really don't have much of an interest in the Prem and the only result that brings me anysort of emotional reaction is hoping that Man Utd lose to whoever thay are playing against that week. I try and keep up with MOTD, but that is about it.

CTID!

There is so much Prem stuff on TV that you are almost forced to have a preference, I hate watching a match as a total neutral and always pick a team to 'support', even ifit is only for that one match.

My other half likes Arsenal so I find myself knowing more about them than I thought. I liked Chelsea when the special one was there first, only liked spurs when Caulker was there, much, much prefer ManC than Manu, sorry Moysie but I'm hoping you will be sacked soon, liked Everton when he was there.

I don't have a second team but enjoy going to neutral games up and down the league - there are a limited number of teams I won't sit/stand with their fans though.

Particularly the lower leagues I love seeing players with potential, like Frankie Fielding at Rochdale a couple of years ago

I find it difficult to mix affiliations and rivalries - my second team are bristol city reserves

Supporting and being a fan of a team is completely different than 'following'.

IMO, you can only truly support ONE team, that will be the team you go and see almost week in week out. Then there is following, watching them on TV, checking their results regularly etc..

I support Bristol City, follow Liverpool.

I also like watching other teams play but abroad I like going to all the different grounds and different atmospheres one thing I have picked up is that when someone scores the man over the rabbit shouts the goal scorers first name then the fans shout the second three times for example

Sam BALDOCK

Sam BALDOCK

Sam BALDOCK!!!

No, although there's plenty I detest ;)

Let me start with Cardiff, Chelsea, Stoke, Watford, Brighton, Birmingham, Millwall, Peterborough, MK Dongs, Swindon, Crawley, Walsall, Gillingham, Oxford...

No, not the Gas, just amused contempt...

PS Interesting to see Accrington and Hartlepool propping up the League again, after all these years.

I grew up in the 70's when Liverpool were dominating Europe, I think a lot of people of my generation grew up supporting them in Europe which then transferred itself to the league. However, when we played them in the cup or in the 1st Division days there was no doubt where my heart really lay.

Once we were in separate divisions again, I continued to follow their fortunes.

I love all these posters saying "I support City and Liverpool/Real Madrid/Dortmund/Arsenal/ Man City/etc (delete as appropriate) but I love seeing Man Utd lose, like them arbitrarily picking a very successful team from some point in their lives is so much more acceptable than all the kids who currently support ManUre. The only team I support is Bristol City, but I have a soft spot for several clubs- one of which is Man Utd. When I was a lad the dominant force were Liverpool and kids from all over the country wore their shirt and claimed to be a life-long fan. Then Man Utd came along with a team built around young, talented ENGLISH footballers and I admire that, though that admiration obviously faded with the careers of the players concerned

I very much enjoy watching Premier League football for that very reason- I can sit down with a beer, decide who (of anyone) I'm going to support for the next two hours and enjoy it. It's a little more relaxing than the BCFC rollercoaster...

I not saying anything. I don't like to get bullied!

:shutup:

You obviously have experience of the football boozer bullies...

This is how they operate - find out information to use against people. Hence why they drink in the same old boozers week in week out - so they can operate in manly packs. Any other drink establishments and they are insecure.

Reminds me of the Rab C Nesbitt episode where he his on holiday in Spain and only feels at home when he spots a Spaniard on a balcony holding a pint and wearing same string vest as him. Hilarious...

I follow lots of teams... ...appreciate the skills tactics etc... Not into blinkered small-minded postcode spats...

You obviously have experience of the football boozer bullies...

This is how they operate - find out information to use against people. Hence why they drink in the same old boozers week in week out - so they can operate in manly packs. Any other drink establishments and they are insecure.

Reminds me of the Rab C Nesbitt episode where he his on holiday in Spain and only feels at home when he spots a Spaniard on a balcony holding a pint and wearing same string vest as him. Hilarious...

I follow lots of teams... ...appreciate the skills tactics etc... Not into blinkered small-minded postcode spats...

There's a surprise...

Archived