IGNORED

2 Teams?

glynriley

2 Teams?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have a second team but enjoy going to neutral games up and down the league - there are a limited number of teams I won't sit/stand with their fans though.

Particularly the lower leagues I love seeing players with potential, like Frankie Fielding at Rochdale a couple of years ago

I find it difficult to mix affiliations and rivalries - my second team are bristol city reserves

players with potential, like Frankie Fielding at Rochdale a couple of years ago

Whatever happened to that loser ?

I don't have a second team but enjoy going to neutral games up and down the league - there are a limited number of teams I won't sit/stand with their fans though.

Particularly the lower leagues I love seeing players with potential, like Frankie Fielding at Rochdale a couple of years ago

I find it difficult to mix affiliations and rivalries - my second team are bristol city reserves

That's slightly different. I've never supported Reading, Southampton or Crystal Palace, but I used to go to their home games when I lived there, and always look out for their results. Cardiff is different - I remember their great European games when I was a student there and I'm quite upset by the whole Kuala Lumpur Dragons thing.

As to the Gas, I used to watch them every other week at Eastville and I find it difficult to hate them, although I love beating them :)

You obviously have experience of the football boozer bullies...

This is how they operate - find out information to use against people. Hence why they drink in the same old boozers week in week out - so they can operate in manly packs. Any other drink establishments and they are insecure.

Reminds me of the Rab C Nesbitt episode where he his on holiday in Spain and only feels at home when he spots a Spaniard on a balcony holding a pint and wearing same string vest as him. Hilarious...

I follow lots of teams... ...appreciate the skills tactics etc... Not into blinkered small-minded postcode spats...

Couldn't you have just said that rather than going off on some moral high-ground rant?

I do have a penchant for BvB.

A group of City fans, particularly one, have built a real friendship with a group of Dortmund lads and travel over to Germany for games. The Dortmund lads do the same for us.

It's an incredible experience and I would encourage anybody to go there.

Great club, incredible support but mostly a great bunch of blokes.

Certainly you can only have one team in your heart, but there are clubs that I have a soft spot for, the same as clubs you dislike.

Bizarrely there is no rational behind this, but I have always hated Peterborough and Ipswich, I don't know why, they've never wronged me!

I've had a soft spot for Liverpool since Utd began their domination. A resurgent Liverpool team would be great for football and I always will them on.

My affection for Bayern Munich is well known on these pages. Have followed them - note, not supported them - since the public robbery that they suffered at the '99 CL final.

I know plenty of other fans who have a 'second' team, mate is an Arsenal fan but also follows S****horpe. I think he just likes teams with rude words in their name...

I'm always amused by the excuses people make for having a second club (almost always a club that has won titles/european cups).

"My Auntie lived there" etc... how come all these second clubs are ManU and Liverpool not Accrington and Harrogate?

Just admit it.

I like Anorthosis because of their political persuasion ;-)

I'm always amused by the excuses people make for having a second club (almost always a club that has won titles/european cups).

"My Auntie lived there" etc... how come all these second clubs are ManU and Liverpool not Accrington and Harrogate?

Just admit it.

The best/worst ever excuse I've heard for why an individual supports a given team, was a bloke I went to uni with who was a Manchester United fan despite being from Hertfordshire. When pushed on why Utd were his team rather than, say, Watford or Luton or even Arsenal, he said that it was because his uncle used to live in Moss Side, Manchester. When it was pointed out to him (amid hoots of laughter) that this was the beating heart of Man City land and indeed where the home ground was at that time and he was asked why he wasn't a Citeh fan, he responded; "Well.... IT JUST DIDNT WORK OUT LIKE THAT, DID IT?!?!" He was a right tool

Archived