IGNORED

James Wilson

B-Rizzle

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere...

What's the deal with James Wilson, he's clearly not in SOD's plans and when he has played over the last year or so he's looked very poor. Didn't he sign a contract extension a couple of seasons ago mid-season (which is rare, apart from for valuable and promising players)? He was also linked with prem clubs I seem to remember a few years before that. He doesn't seem to have developed as we'd have liked.

Some have suggested an attitude problem, whilst today I saw something on twitter linking him with the gas! It would be great to offload him, especially now we've got NS and JoC in for defensive numbers.

Just wondered what opinions were on him and his situation?

Does he not have any ambitions to actually be a footballer and play games or is he happy not even making the match day squad of a very youthful and small squad!

What a joke. It's an embarrassment to himself that he's not really been involved. Mitch Brundle is ahead of him and has he played much first team football? Having said this, Wilson may have been injured, preventing him from being involved but I haven't been aware of any injuries, has anyone else?

He a player who has largely passed me by, don't feel I know much about him. There was a tongue in cheek comment in another thread about him being a 'promising youngster' so I looked up his age and this gives our feelings some prospective...he's 5 months older than Gareth Bale!

Finally. The Tangs Vs Wilson argument is settled.

Nyatanga is a regular for a Championship side... Wilson can't get in to our league 1 team.

Not boasting...

BUT.

Told you so.

Whilst agreeing Nyatanga is a much better player, I don't think he's played for Barnsley yet, had he?

I know for a fact he didn't start or even make the bench in their last two.

Was awful when called upon last season.

Like most of our defenders. I did not think he was that bad, out-muscled by Rhodes at Blackburn and that seemed to do for him. At a guess, wages and value for money are biggest issues, just hope that if he gets a chance he steps up to the mark.

A very strange one, like people have said.. Did well on loan.. did brilliant one pre season (2010 I think) and everyone thought he would be a certain starter, and to be fair he started the season ok. Got a bid from Cardiff, city panicked and gave him a long term contract, big mistake clearly.

Whether the big contract made him think he'll take his foot off the gas, or he hasn't had enough games to really cement his position in the team remains a mystery

But my only memory of james Wilson last few years is getting sent off, and playing long diagonal balls to 5 ft 4 wingers..

Now we're down to 3 cb's though, and Carey's always injured, we might see more of him...

Think you might be right. Sounds like SOD would be happy to play O'Connor at centre half, after him and Carey you're looking at Wilson on Brundle so may see some of him over the next few months.

Archived