IGNORED

Best Derby Goal Ever?

Red Wardy Returns

The best part for me was seeing a young left footed player player come on to the ball and place it in the top corner like that! So many professional players these days are completely one footed it and annoys the hell out of me.

Didn't he score a cracker with his right peg whilst on loan at Argyle too?

Both crackers, and both showed how valuable JET will be to us; bullet of a first from a position on the field that at this level not many players are capable of capitalising on, and his run and toe-poke in the lead up to Bryan's phenomenal strike really showed that, even late on, he's capable of making something out of nothing.

Glad to see we've building a team around him, and he's loving it.

Mention for Reid on the 2nd; smart play, and thought he had a good game all round. Was desperate for some insane dip on his late effort!

Both our goals were sensational in different ways but JET's screamer has to take the biscuit for me. Taken from way outside the box at incredible speed and precision into the top corner.

Also, as this was the first goal, scored in front of the Rovers fans it was a huge pychological downer for the Gas - team and fans.

JET worked hard throughout the game and don't forget it was his excellent run from midfield - skipping past three Rovers defenders on route that set up our second goal.

He is fast becoming a new City legend.

Both great goals but the JET strike is pure brilliance. I am inching towards JET's screamer:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8906816/bristol-city-2-1-bristol-rovers

Bryan's finish involved more skill and composure. He also had a smaller target in which to find the net and at a tighter angle. Pretty much player can score a screamer if they hit the ball well enough but not many would have scored one like Bryan's last night.

Mentioned above Thorpe's header for me was my favourite. Aaron Brown's run was great considering the end of the game was approaching and the cross was sublime - not least because usually his crosses ended up in the Ateyo.

Archived