IGNORED

What A Circus

AshtonGreat

Ridiculous post.. forgettable night??

Fantastic atmosphere, great result. Hate to see what you would've posted up if we had lost..

Agree entirely. Aggro etc. apart, it was good football, electric atmosphere, singing virtually throughout the whole game ( and LOUD ). On the pitch a credit to Divs 1 + 2. Must've been great for the neutral watching on Sky.

Everything about tonight was a bad trip.

It started badly, with the pubs in the local vicinity unprepared for a match of this magnitude. Single-line queues of 20-30 men while two bar staff poured the drinks. Eventually I gave up. Do pub managers not realise how much money they're losing by not employing enough staff to cope with the demand?

The scenes that greeted me on Ashton Road before the game were disturbing, with children as young as seven standing by – and some even joining in – as their dads/older fans screamed and swore at absent Rovers fans. The worst part was when two Rovers fans, completely minding their own business, walked past and had full cans of beer thrown at their heads. At their ****ing heads. If one of them had been hit, God knows what might've happened. Sickening behaviour and at that moment I felt about as far removed from Bristol City fans as I ever had in my life.

The scenes after the game were, as others have stated, an embarassment. Nowhere else in the country does this happen. Only Bristol. And what's more, every time we appear on Sky. It's no wonder that the rest of the country calls us backward yokels. Not only did the pitch invaders damage the reputation of our club, they probably damaged the pitch as well.

All of which has probably ruined our chance of getting a new ground. Frankly, we don't deserve it.

As for the match itself - it was pretty forgettable apart from the goals. City failed to underline their class against lower-league opposition. There was some slick passing in the opening exchanges but very few scoring opportunities and no real shape to speak of. JET looks quality when he puts his mind to it, but that doesn't happen often enough and he doesn't look as good as Albert. Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Marlon Harewood looked excellent - both in terms of quality and application.

On the way out, a man seemed to be fitting on the floor. When police horses went to attend to him, I heard City fans yelling, '**** off horses!' That's right, they were yelling abuse at horses.

A bad end to a bad night.

Love the optimism here.

Everything about tonight was a bad trip.

It started badly, with the pubs in the local vicinity unprepared for a match of this magnitude. Single-line queues of 20-30 men while two bar staff poured the drinks. Eventually I gave up. Do pub managers not realise how much money they're losing by not employing enough staff to cope with the demand?

The scenes that greeted me on Ashton Road before the game were disturbing, with children as young as seven standing by – and some even joining in – as their dads/older fans screamed and swore at absent Rovers fans. The worst part was when two Rovers fans, completely minding their own business, walked past and had full cans of beer thrown at their heads. At their ****ing heads. If one of them had been hit, God knows what might've happened. Sickening behaviour and at that moment I felt about as far removed from Bristol City fans as I ever had in my life.

The scenes after the game were, as others have stated, an embarassment. Nowhere else in the country does this happen. Only Bristol. And what's more, every time we appear on Sky. It's no wonder that the rest of the country calls us backward yokels. Not only did the pitch invaders damage the reputation of our club, they probably damaged the pitch as well.

All of which has probably ruined our chance of getting a new ground. Frankly, we don't deserve it.

As for the match itself - it was pretty forgettable apart from the goals. City failed to underline their class against lower-league opposition. There was some slick passing in the opening exchanges but very few scoring opportunities and no real shape to speak of. JET looks quality when he puts his mind to it, but that doesn't happen often enough and he doesn't look as good as Albert. Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Marlon Harewood looked excellent - both in terms of quality and application.

On the way out, a man seemed to be fitting on the floor. When police horses went to attend to him, I heard City fans yelling, '**** off horses!' That's right, they were yelling abuse at horses.

A bad end to a bad night.

Imagine if we had lost... :facepalm:

Archived