IGNORED

The Fa Are Investigating

Bristol Rob

The keyword is minority. Let the FA do what it has to but don't penalise the club and the majority of well behaved fans. I also read somewhere, think it was the police statement about 'known hooligans' I'm not sure if it was regarding trouble before the match as I hope it wasn't inside the ground, otherwise how did 'known hooligans' get in?

The keyword is minority. Let the FA do what it has to but don't penalise the club and the majority of well behaved fans. I also read somewhere, think it was the police statement about 'known hooligans' I'm not sure if it was regarding trouble before the match as I hope it wasn't inside the ground, otherwise how did 'known hooligans' get in?

Was thinking that myself.

Unless others got the tickets for the known 'hooligans'. Due to the shoddy stewarding they would've got in no problem if it was inside the ground.

Was thinking that myself.

Unless others got the tickets for the known 'hooligans'. Due to the shoddy stewarding they would've got in no problem if it was inside the ground.

They said on the news earlier that there were double the number of stewards than are usually in place and over 200 police on duty.

If we play them again for any reason, I wouldn't be surprised if they limited attendance to season ticket holders only.

I thought there was an automatic fine for a pitch invasion?

Fans can be fined up to £5000 for entering the pitch, the club can pass the cost on and if they get fined, I don't see any problems with it.

An error of judgement from those, including kids to go on the pitch, their cards will be marked but it's up to the club to punish as they see fit

Within the ground the club are responsible for keeping good order and they will be the ones, almost certainly, to be fined by the FA. They are responsible for hiring stewards in sufficient number and quality and deciding with the police on the number of officers that are required. When something like last night occurs, it is automatically assumed that they didn't meet that responsibility adequately.

Given the various cock-ups that have occurred this season with catering, ticketing, being able to get into the ground in time etc., I have to say that I don't believe the club, in general, handles its administration at all well.

This will cost them money.

Anyone else notice that the goings on last night has now been shown on Sky News, Sky Sports News, Bbc, Itv and also on news channels throughout Europe?

Worrying as the actuall events have then been discussed afterwards for 5 minutes or so.

Got a really bad feeling that the club, and many of both City and Rovers fans involved and going to be made an example.

The FA have got involved and honestly believe the club could get a heavy fine, and many City and Rovers will end up in court.

From me and my Mrs view halfway up the Dolman it didnt seem much other than a lot of jesting. After watching the highlights and numerous videos on the internet it wasnt a great advertisment for both sets of fans or clubs.

On other football forums it is City that are getting the brunt of bad posts, not Rovers.

Crazy that you can put 45,000 scousers into a Liverpool derby game with no trouble at all yet 18,000 here it goes mad!!!

when rovers beat us in the jpt 6 years ago and invaded the pitch , did the fa investigate?

from my view in the dolman the first sign of trouble is when rovers charged at city in the Williams, and set off a flare!! seems the ep forget these incidents involving rovers

Could have been worse, they could have taken off their flares.

If you watch the extended highlights on player, the commentator says "the city fans are on the pitch, they'r really enjoying the derby victory" and in ets interview he says "and it was great to see all the fans on the pitch at the end"

We take pitch invasions far too seriously and the only trouble that occured during this time was projectile throwing, which was going on throughout the game from both sets of fans anyway! Plus the afore mentioned Rovers surging and flare.

Crazy that you can put 45,000 scousers into a Liverpool derby game with no trouble at all yet 18,000 here it goes mad!!

They don't have to wait over six years to play in a derby game, they get at least 2 every year and that is the big difference

Personally can't see that makes any difference at all CF.

I've been to a Liverpool v Everton derby and went to the fa cup final when they both met

100,000 at wembley and they were playing football outside and drinking together!!!

And trust me, those boys and girls can drink

I've been to a Liverpool v Everton derby and went to the fa cup final when they both met

100,000 at wembley and they were playing football outside and drinking together!!!

just my opinion arn but I think the time between the derby's really acts like a pressure cooker as the tension builds. If we had played the gas twice a year for the last 20 odd years I don't think that fans would react in the way that they did yesterday.

just my opinion arn but I think the time between the derby's really acts like a pressure cooker as the tension builds. If we had played the gas twice a year for the last 20 odd years I don't think that fans would react in the 7425019546way that they did yesterday.

Good point mucker. Wonder what will happen the next we play?

Away fans banned perhaps or a bubble?

Aye, and wield a "blade" as well. Ask any City old timers who went away in the 70s. My understanding is that the Mersey derby is not as jolly as it once was. Stand to be corrected on that?

Archived