IGNORED

The Fa Are Investigating

Bristol Rob

When the new ticketing system was revealed, in all it's gruesome horror, some here commented "what if we get Man Ure in the cup?"

We didn't, we got the Gas instead, and look what a shambles that turned out to be.

A couple of questions:

Did banned yobs manage to buy tickets through the new system?

Were duplicate tickets printed or photocopied to allow banned yobs into the ground, by those who knew that the scanning system was carp?

Not a jot in the media outside bristol, no one else is aware. Nothing in papers or tv. Calm the hysteria

Mail, Sky News, Sky Sports. And that's just the ones I've seen.

Aye, and wield a "blade" as well. Ask any City old timers who went away in the 70s. My understanding is that the Mersey derby is not as jolly as it once was. Stand to be corrected on that?

No you're right. I live up here and have friends in both camps, it definitely isn't the friendly jolly affair that it's made out to be. A lot of stuff goes unreported, but the rivalry can get pretty heated.

On other football forums it is City that are getting the brunt of bad posts, not Rovers.

All anybody watching on TV (myself included) saw would have been the pitch invasion at the end, with people heading straight for their end to have a go, plus the ********* who were congregating at the bottom corner of the Dolman by the EE for most of the 2nd half (I had a text off a mate who's a neutral saying "them t***s on the far side are definitely going on the pitch at the end").

TV viewers didn't see any of the trouble between the away section and the Williams, or any Rovers fans getting on the pitch when they scored, then obviously what went on outside too. I only found out through reading stuff on here. So I can see why it might have looked like it was just City at fault. Plus there is the whole angle of pitch invasions for winning a JPT 1st round tie being considered a bit cringeworthy by your average fan.

It appeared worse the Blackpool v Preston game at the start of the season, but again only relying on the TV coverage

Can't recall anything being handed out to them?

In which case, why the assumption from so many on here that a big fine is on its way? I'm not aware of any precedent.

Recalling the Newcastle / Sunderland violence last season I searched google and all I could find with reference to a fine was a few fans comments (calling for punishment) and an update about an injured police horse who is now "fine".

The FA are clearly reluctant to do anything.

The 'fans' concerned should count themselves lucky they aren't living in Egypt. They are dealt with more harshly there.

Archived