IGNORED

300 Damaged Seats

Super

I understand the cans that were thrown were so you could make yourself a 'Horfield Mobile' which is similar to a regular mobile phone but designed for those with limited coordination and numerical skills. Cleverly linked together by bits of string it will allow the entire family to stay in touch in a convenient and affordable way.

Get someone responsible to help you with the scissors if you need to cut the string.

:D

I understand the cans that were thrown were so you could make yourself a 'Horfield Mobile' which is similar to a regular mobile phone but designed for those with limited coordination and numerical skills. Cleverly linked together by bits of string it will allow the entire family to stay in touch in a convenient and affordable way.

Get someone responsible to help you with the scissors if you need to cut the string.

Ok so we threw the seats at you so you could have somewhere to sit in your Hartcliffe flats. Find that as funny !!

really if this is true that would be disgusting, considering it was only season ticket holders it would surprise me. For me Ashton Gate is our home, why would we want to rip it apart? A derby is about the enemy coming onto our ground, if I saw them ripping seats up I would be disgusted but our own fans, seriously?

Agree with the poster above, Rovers fans were much much worse imo. I saw coins being thrown, I saw them start fights outside the ground. City fans were in great spirits and simply retaliated to them but from where I was sat coins that were thrown over were handed to stewards.

I am really annoyed how they are once again being portrayed as the family club.

As mentioned elsewhere it may have been just overenthusiastic fans jumping on seats in the city part when bouncing around the ground!

Hope the poor people of south glos are ready for some of this. This is what you will get, every now and then. Those police helicopters will take some paying for.

Just waiting now for that literary genius, is it Chris or Dan, Brown (?) to update his work of fict or faction, imagination/ Mem·oir/ midlife crisis coping mechanism, whatever it was, as Rovers clearly took the East End once more last night. Pretty much unapposed. Honest, I'm not making it up. There was thousands of them. This was the book that the Post publicised, gave some "oxygen of publicity" to, as I recall, a cosy look back on the good ol days of 'bovver' , not like todays' scumbags, of course. The scumbags that they, the Post, today, roundly condemn*. Which one of those twentysomethings from last night will be warmly romanticising, in 25 years, the good ol days of 2013 'bovver' in a book, if such things still exist by then? The Post might still be around, to help you publicise it/ write it (if scribbling aint your thing)/ make it up, juice it up a bit, and sell a few more copies.

Pleased to see Points West asking Bobby Gould, "What gets into these people?" this evening. Not the first person in this world/ region/ Portishead/ jogging along Nore Road in a shell-suit I would look to for an insight on this aspect of human behaviour. But well done, Beeb, for trying. Wardie couldn't understand it, either. He had no idea, he seemed to say. Perhaps the pair of them should read that book by the Tote end bovver boy from ye good olde days of heritage hooliganism, back in the 1970s?

*Rightly, of course. In case my position isn't clear. Just trying to illuminate a possible double standard.

Just trying to illuminate a possible double standard.

And eloquently so.

Actually a lot of us are probably guilty of these double standards, romanticising the shenanigans of the past, while wringing our hands at a minor incident that wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow in the 70s or 80s.

Storm in a teacup? I think so, but don't expect any non football fans, least of all Bobby Gould, to get it.

And eloquently so.

Actually a lot of us are probably guilty of these double standards, romanticising the shenanigans of the past, while wringing our hands at a minor incident that wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow in the 70s or 80s.

Storm in a teacup? I think so, but don't expect any non football fans, least of all Bobby Gould, to get it.

Thanks, Alf. True, who amongst us can say they are never guilty of hypocrisy? But some people stand to make a little profit from it. Which got me to wondering: that rather forlorn looking shop near the crossroads/ lights up twomilehill, familiar to all of our visitors last night, they never went to the bovver of stocking that charming book, did they? I wouldn't want that geoffrey Dunford to be accused of any thing as unbecoming of a milkman of his standing as double-standards (bearing in mind some of his tweets today, taking a, perhaps, selective view of last nights misbehaviour). I cannot imagine that the family club would ever countenance such a thing (anyone living nearby and prepared to pop in and check?! I'm sure someone at the Post would enjoy following this up) The trouble may or may not have been in any way comparable to years ago, but those two goals raised more than a few eyebrows, eh? (arms, spirits, expectations?)

Archived