IGNORED

I Wonder How Many People Are Quietly Soiling Themselves

Bristol Rob

Surely an argue able defence would be that during times of celebration then entering the pitch has become a tradition, and has often gone unpunished and as many considered this a time of celebration then all is good, once the tannoy asked people to leave which was left for a very long time people began to leave.

Surely an argue able defence would be that during times of celebration then entering the pitch has become a tradition, and has often gone unpunished and as many considered this a time of celebration then all is good, once the tannoy asked people to leave which was left for a very long time people began to leave.

Exactly the point I made elsewhere. There were no tannoy announcements warning not to go onto the pitch, the club it seems were resigned to it. All they had to do was to remind people it is an offence to enter the pitch just before the final whistle and a few wouldnt have taken the risk. Ok it wouldn't have stopped the majority who wanted to go taunt the Gas, but I think the club is going to find it very difficult to now try to prosecute everyone (if that is their intention) if they did not give out fair and adequate warnings. The only warnings I heard were the CCTV ones well into the event.

And again I believe yellow shirt and others should have been frogmarched out as soon as he stepped over the barrier. It's happened many times before, why not that night?

Mr Flinger, I'm arresting you on suspicion of running on to the grass, under section 54, Running On Grass act of 2002. You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.

Last published figures that I can find show the following stats on arrests at football for the 2011/12 season.....

Missile throwing= 53

Racist/indecent chanting = 23

Pitch incursion = 177

Just incase you don't think people get done for it.

Last published figures that I can find show the following stats on arrests at football for the 2011/12 season.....

Missile throwing= 53

Racist/indecent chanting = 23

Pitch incursion = 177

Just incase you don't think people get done for it.

A good chance that we can double the 11/12 figure in one night.

If so a stat all those idiots can real proud of :facepalm:

Exactly the point I made elsewhere. There were no tannoy announcements warning not to go onto the pitch, the club it seems were resigned to it. All they had to do was to remind people it is an offence to enter the pitch just before the final whistle and a few wouldnt have taken the risk. Ok it wouldn't have stopped the majority who wanted to go taunt the Gas, but I think the club is going to find it very difficult to now try to prosecute everyone (if that is their intention) if they did not give out fair and adequate warnings. The only warnings I heard were the CCTV ones well into the event.

And again I believe yellow shirt and others should have been frogmarched out as soon as he stepped over the barrier. It's happened many times before, why not that night?

Having some experience in such things, I'm pretty convinced that all persons entering the playing field won't be pursued. The cost to policing would just be too high and not proportionate given the thousand or so plus that did do it.

CCTV will be studied and I would imagine that if;

(a) you're a risk nominal, or

(b) you did something other than just enter onto the pitch, i.e. throw anything, break chairs, taunt (the OTT type), spit,

then you might do well to expect a knock on your door.

The police commander has said that 'most' pitch invaders were simply being exhuberant.

Those who went demonstrably further than that are the only ones who should be overly concerned.

Having seen a video from the gas point of view the pitch invaders could quite easily have got through the stewards etc. if they'd really been looking for a confrontation, but regrettable as the whole incident was, that evidently wasn't on the minds of the vast majority.

The police commander has said that 'most' pitch invaders were simply being exhuberant.

Those who went demonstrably further than that are the only ones who should be overly concerned.

Having see a video from the gas point of view the pitch invaders could quite easily have got through the stewards etc. if they'd really been looking for a confrontation, but regrettable as the whole incident was, that evidently wasn't on the minds of the vast majority.

There was certainly a lot of posturing going on

'Come on then'

'No you come on then'

'if it wasn't for this line of police and stewards I'd rip yer head off' '

'yeh and if it wasnt for this 2' high wall I'd do the same to you'

I've seen plenty of football violence in over 40 years of watching The Gas so I can honestly say even though I was there with my 16 year old son I didn't feel remotely worried at the prospect of any of the City fans on the pitch getting at us. Should they be prosecuted? Well, I'm not sure what good that would do, I would say just show them back the video to show them how they embarassed themselves, but I suspect many of them wouldn't understand that they had done so.

If they do start to trail trawl through footage I hope they concentrate on the coin and seat throwers, there is certainly one Rovers fan who shouldn't be too difficult to identify, although it may be more difficult to spot the City fans throwing stuff, as that seemed to be coming from further back.

Archived