IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

westred1

I thought he led the line very well last night and if not for Mildenhall he would've opened his account with us.

Besides his performance, I loved the fact he tried to get the fans pumped and going. Constantly geeing up the Dolman and Atyeo before, during and after the match.

Credit to him. Hopefully it changes a few people's opinions on him.

All about opinions but I thought he was average at best.

Exactly. Unfit as well. I like his (and JET's) attitude to the fans. But he hasn't exactly looked like scoring since he's been here.

(And no, I won't accept the Stead defence that he runs around a lot so that's OK).

I thought he had a good first half and if his shot had of gone in rather than been saved by Mildenhall I feel we would have gone on to win by a long way.

Second half when Rovers were putting pressure on us we needed him to make the ball stick, but his touch was letting him down too often and the sub was made at the right time I felt.

A decent performance though in his first start for a long time and as somebody else has already posted he does seem to be top bloke. Extra marks from me for his celebration in the Atyeo/Dolman corner before he went down the tunnel.

Was excellent last night. His hold up play was absolutely key to allowing our midfielders to get so far forward and retain possession so high up the pitch. He was also unlucky not to get a goal.

Sadly, things like this are lost on some people yet it was key to our first half performance.

I thought he was pretty good for the first hour, and as you say was unlucky not to score when the sag keeper pulled off the save of his life. I didn't want to sign him at all but if he plays like that when he plays and his wages are reasonable I will be happy to be wrong. He did look to have a really good attitude.

I thought he was pretty good for the first hour, and as you say was unlucky not to score when the sag keeper pulled off the save of his life. I didn't want to sign him at all but if he plays like that when he plays and his wages are reasonable I will be happy to be wrong. He did look to have a really good attitude.

+1

Thought he was great, his hold up play was sublime constantly backing into players. His technique was good also with a nice first touch most the time, and some good hits at goal. Has not lost his quality over time, apart from that rapid burst of pace he used to have back in his Villa days, but he is getting on.

Thought he was great, his hold up play was sublime constantly backing into players. His technique was good also with a nice first touch most the time, and some good hits at goal. Has not lost his quality over time, apart from that rapid burst of pace he used to have back in his Villa days, but he is getting on.

West Ham you mean? Villa he hardly played.

Can't say he impressed me last night. He was ok but apart from one decent shot didnt threaten the Gas goal.

The problem with players like him is that they have that dreadful tag of 'target man' and that psychologically encourages too many punts up the pitch from the back and we saw that last night with a low percentage of success. When Baldcock came on City started to play more along the deck.

Yeah I stand corrected, His Forest/West ham days when he had that pace to couple with his brute strength, was such a great player to watch.

Agreed, incidentally I think it was when they got promoted, their first season back against Villa on Sky he scored a quality hattrick!

Agreed, incidentally I think it was when they got promoted, their first season back against Villa on Sky he scored a quality hattrick!

Yeah, ended up with 14 goals that season, not too shabby in the premier league. Shame he was only a fringe player at Villa, think John Carew was their main man at the time, along with Agbonlahor.

Funny to think that everyone was slating him too. I even remember someone on here saying he wouldn't renew his season ticket! Phahahaha.

It seems to me that every player that gets slated on here does well for us, yet the players that get hyped up, ie Fielding are dodgy.

Archived