IGNORED

Albert ....who ?

slartibartfast

Think we've found a new love interest/ replacement for AA. JET, all the tricks BUT with more end product. I reckon he's the nearest we'll get to Jackie !

Looks good doesn't he. SOD's eluded to the fact that he's working on his game when he hasn't got the ball.

A bit like Noble???

It is unreal how he can revel with the ball at pace and no one can get close to him. Creates so many chances as he drags 3 or 4 players out of position and simply finds the player in space for the chance. The other alternative is what he did last night and score a thunderbolt. He's got more to his game than adomah. Adomah made our team too one dimensional despite all his talent although with the players we have now, adomah would do very well. Imagine jet and adomah either side of baldock.... Tasty

Albert was overrated and tended to be lazy. JET is a far better all round footballer and offers more to the team in one game than Jackie did in his entire City career.

Your chatting *****, overrated, he pulled the strings in the championship, what you have to compare, is championship to league one, and a lot better midfield to work with this season than last season.

Albert was overrated and tended to be lazy. JET is a far better all round footballer and offers more to the team in one game than Jackie did in his entire City career.

I'm on about individual ball playing skill, when he beat three Palace players in the corner, I've only seen one player do that before (JD against Ipswich ).

Oh and possibly Keith Fear.

Love the way JET has great ball control, he usually beats the opposing defenders with his unpredictable and (deceptively) lazy moves then breaks into his stride, almost always delivering a great final ball - frequently for a goal.

I know Arsenal are a big club with a fantastic squad, but how did they let this product of their Academy go ?

I think JET is loving getting loads of game starts in our 1st team and relishing being a big player on a smaller stage than the Emirates.

His game is superb in every department. I can't fault his technical ability or his enthusiasm.

As I said on another thread,if he stays with us, as I really hope he does, he is another City Legend in the making.

Albert what?..this guy has far more already than Albert will ever have..should he ever reach his full potential on what ive seen so far he will be playing in a different division to us!!

What, like Albert was when he used to terrorise defences, you mean? People need to show more respect for Albert. He was a good servant to us and, while JET is clearly a very good player, let's not forget that Albert was signed by another Championship club while JET has moved down to League One. And for someone to compare Albert unfavourably because he was lazy is laughable. JET is hardly Roy Keane when it comes to putting in effort for a whole 90 minutes. That's what many flair players are like (see Berbatov, Jacki etc)

I think Jet is great, but he has to be loved. He is THE big fish in our small pond at the moment and loving the attention, this makes him perform. He performs and we love him more, it's a great cycle to be in. But unlike Albert he has been at the top being with Arsenal, had championship experience after that. Their backgrounds are very different. I think they are both 'on the up' but just doing it a different route.

Albert was a great entertainer too, he did well for us and we got a decent fee for him. I wonder though if anyone can get more out of him, he has speed and is exciting to watch , but when heavily marked couldn't vary his game as much as Jet to make it work. It might be a bit harsh to call him a one trick pony, but when the trick couldn't be done he had no trick. Jet seems to also use his runs better, he knows when a move is on or when not to waste energy. For Albert it was mostly head down and run, often there was no option at the end, and when there was he wasn't physically able to go again.

But ultimately would I have liked to see them in the same team, yup of course as long as it was ours!

Archived