IGNORED

This Bristol City Team

Lew-T

After years gone by, managers come and gone, it finally feels like a real City team again. The players all playing for each other as a team, us fans feeling more involved with the team, very good football on display and it doesn't feel like 11 strangers on the field anymore. They are a team, the Bristol City team!

Well done SOD and the boys, lets kick on in the league now. Also a mention to Reid and Bryan who I thought were outstanding last night, well done lads.

What SOD has done in such a short space of time is nothing short of a revelation! We got a young hungry squad with ability that work hard for each other and are playing lovely passing football and the best thing is they can only improve! Every single signing this summer has got a thumbs up from me.

SOD deserves manager of the year purely on the basis of swapping Anderson for JET. :thumbsup:

SOD deserves manager of the year purely on the basis of swapping Anderson for JET. :thumbsup:

How mad Mick thought that was a good deal, I don't know! Don't get me wrong, Anderson is a good player as well but JET is a different class. You can feel the excitement around the stadium whenever he picks up the ball now, just wondering what he's doing to do next.

Maybe only SOD knows how to get the best out of him. He was a revelation when he was at Doncaster with him as well.

How mad Mick thought that was a good deal, I don't know! Don't get me wrong, Anderson is a good player as well but JET is a different class. You can feel the excitement around the stadium whenever he picks up the ball now, just wondering what he's doing to do next.

Maybe only SOD knows how to get the best out of him. He was a revelation when he was at Doncaster with him as well.

Mick likes to play rigid, functional formations with everyone given jobs to do- that's not really going to suit a player like JET. At City, the attacking play is built around him, he's the fulcrum and is given free reign to express himself. What I think is interesting is that one of the ways he's responded to being given no defensive responsibility seems to be that he puts in a proper shift, which is great to see

Even though results haven't been amazing, the last time there was this buzz and excitement around our team was probably the play off year and that was more to do with results than the players themselves. Once we pick up a winning habit we'll be feared and if we do that soon enough, I see no reason why we can't make the play offs. Trip to Wembley in May anyone?!?!

We are looking good, but I wonder if we need a bit more pace and a bit more steel/nastiness to get up this year.

Wolves have that Davies lad in centre mid who was putting in some big tackles against us, and had sako on the left to inject some pace. Peterborough have Ombolonga and bostick. O'Conner looked like he'll get stuck in, but could do with a shielding player. Wynter will hopefully get a good run, and Elliot can do a job when he's back. For pace we've only got joe Bryan and baldock, but sod did say he wanted a striker with some pace. If we get that and wynter comes through we'll be right up there.

And many of the idiots on here were against the idea..!

As I seem to recall it ... Anderson was quality and JET was a lazy, useless, over hyped, has been with a bad attitude and can't be relied on..?!

It feels good doesn't it!

Anyone that has been in or around the club a long-time can feel the change. I'm into my 50's and just not quite old enough to see John Atyeo play (although I got his autograph many times at the ground as he always seemed to be there) and have seen many teams develop and have suffered the thin and thinner years as Mohan put it once along with many others.

This team is different! If you cant see that or feel it around the place then you are not paying attention!

SoD has transformed the football side of this club in about six months and what might have been if we hadn't employed McInness instead we can only dream about!

The only thing I would warn about now is patience. We have to have some more in the league, however by the end of the season I do expect us to be battling for a top six finish! Keep the faith it feels right!!

The feel good factor is certainly back, nice to be able to get excited about going to the home games something i haven't done over the past few years. Said all along if we are patient we could really be in for some great times in the next few years.

It feels like we're in a similar position to Danny Wilson's early seasons. The damage of the previous regime(s) has been largely undone and an exciting young team is taking shape. It'll dish out a few hammerings but it'll take a few too and most likely it'll fall just short of success this season.

I'd fancy SO'D to make a better job of taking it to the next stage than Wilson managed, though.

Cos Mick is a miserable, dour bugger. If only he was a charasmatic motormouth, he might get somewhere in football management.

The team are trying. That is plain for all to see. They are making mistakes ( shock horror) but they are all trying. Busting a gut the other night, far as I could see. Great stuff.

I think part of the growing sense of re-connection people are feeling with the team may have to do with the fact that we are at long last seeing one or two young players in the side that we have produced through our own academy. Watching a young, Bristol born-and-bred lad score the winning goal in a local derby just provides that extra, indefinable buzz.

I am excited by the promise of Joe Bryan, who I liked the look of the very first time I saw him play, and Bobby Reid also had an excellent first half on Wednesday. There is an added satisfaction in seeing these guys starting to develop into first team players.

I agree with Dan's remarks about the Wilson era. I always felt a sense of pride when some of his teams took to the field because there were often as many as five or six local lads - Matt Hill, Tommy Doherty, Joe Burnell, Craig Woodman, Danny Coles, to name a few. It's been far too long since we saw home-grown talent in the side. In contrast to the procession of highly paid football mercenaries (some of them admittedly good players, though not all), there is a special pleasure and sense of ownership in seeing a group of players who collectively feel not just like a proper team, but our team.

I am cautiously optimistic. There is a feeling of a corner being turned, but patience will be required - something all too often in short supply on this forum.

I'm feeling it.

I've been impressed with flint too.

Now before I get lynched for being over the top, I would like to make clear that it is my honest opinion, but I believe we will rocket up this division once we hit our stride.

My only real concern is that we might need a plan b for the teams that counter our passing ggame by hassling and closing down, like rovers did second half.

plan a, b, c and d is give the ball to jet, he will draw half the opposition out of position and then will find baldock in space to score goals.

possession football is simply to ensure were comfortable on the ball and to wear down the opposition. its players like JET that create the chance from the possession.

I'm feeling it.

My only real concern is that we might need a plan b for the teams that counter our passing ggame by hassling and closing down, like rovers did second half.

This.

The gas did us a favour and highlighted the fact on Wednesday. Once they pressed us we struggled in all honesty. Maybe it wil come with experience but any L1 manager woud know we aren't as effective if their teams press us when we have the ball.

I would say with regards to us being pressed and harried under possession, all needs doing is us being quicker in possession. You look at some premier league players and they know where they are passing it before theyve even recieved the ball.

If we can get to that stage, it will be unreal. I dont think we should switch to long ball as a plan b as that just goes against all the club is trying to promote.

Players must just learn to be quicker and more accurate.

I would say with regards to us being pressed and harried under possession, all needs doing is us being quicker in possession. You look at some premier league players and they know where they are passing it before theyve even recieved the ball.

If we can get to that stage, it will be unreal. I dont think we should switch to long ball as a plan b as that just goes against all the club is trying to promote.

Players must just learn to be quicker and more accurate.

I would guess that will come with experience tbh Beans. Patience required then.

After years gone by, managers come and gone, it finally feels like a real City team again. The players all playing for each other as a team, us fans feeling more involved with the team, very good football on display and it doesn't feel like 11 strangers on the field anymore. They are a team, the Bristol City team!

Well done SOD and the boys, lets kick on in the league now. Also a mention to Reid and Bryan who I thought were outstanding last night, well done lads.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this. AG is a much happier place than anyone would have thought such a short time after relegation. I'm loving my football again and can't wait for the next match.

Archived