IGNORED

This Bristol City Team

Lew-T

I agree with BookEnd - all signings look to have made a positive impact on the team / squad.

SOD, Burt and the rest of the scouting team are certainly putting in the research on players in the market and coupled with the youth set-up providing tangible results, as in the performances of Bryan and Reid on Wednesday (what better incentive do the rest of the youth squad need?), things are definitely feeling on the up.

Here's to further improvement in the league...

ps - to those attacking SOD on his post-match comments - think of your stance... ...you are hounding out a positive productive future for BCFC - in favour of defending morons and idiots who are not intelligent enough to realise how detrimental their actions are to the club.

Only managed to make it to one game so far (away at MK) due to work commitments etc, but I've got to say even though we didn't win it was the first time in a while I was enjoying watching us play.

The thing that stood out for me was the togetherness of the team. It sounds daft.... but they all appear to get on really well!! Not the most important element of a team- sure, but I think it helps!

Probably coming down to the Gate for the Peterborough game so looking forward to feeling that positive atmosphere!

Maybe only SOD knows how to get the best out of him. He was a revelation when he was at Doncaster with him as well.

And when a Championship club comes sniffing around in January or next summer, JET needs to think long and hard about that and think what the future will be like in 2 or 3 years time when he has had an extended spell of working with SOD, what his playing ability will be like then and what sort of move he could command.

But when you have an agent whispering in your ear...................

It feels like we're in a similar position to Danny Wilson's early seasons. The damage of the previous regime(s) has been largely undone and an exciting young team is taking shape. It'll dish out a few hammerings but it'll take a few too and most likely it'll fall just short of success this season.

I'd fancy SO'D to make a better job of taking it to the next stage than Wilson managed, though.

I don't mind you saying exactly what I was going to say, but I do wish you hadn't used exactly the same words :(

I was going to say the hammering thing too ;)

I agree that it makes a very pleasant change to see some football being played by the team and by some homegrown players as well. I just wonder if the same posts would be made if we lost to the Gas the other night.

Depends on the manner of the defeat I think (at least it does for me). I thought we played some excellent stuff in the first half but knew that unless we went 2-0 up there would be a silly mistake that lead to a Rovers goal. That's forgivable from a young team in my opinion, and the same would have held true if a second piece of poor defending had led to them getting the winner. There was enough shown to encourage, even without the result.

On the other hand, a performance like the ones they were putting in last year would have been a very different matter.

And when a Championship club comes sniffing around in January or next summer, JET needs to think long and hard about that and think what the future will be like in 2 or 3 years time when he has had an extended spell of working with SOD, what his playing ability will be like then and what sort of move he could command.

But when you have an agent whispering in your ear...................

I doubt JET will leave in a hurry. He had a great spell with SOD at Donny. Had a poor time at Ipswich and then dropped down a division to play with SOD again where he is again doing well. Why jeopardize that?

its great to have a proper centre half at last in flint always feel confident in his defending

and jet loves how he gets the crowd going a real hit

hungry youngsters coming in so much hope for the future once the gel wow but as has been said lets be patient we wont be this low in the league for long

Archived