IGNORED

Food At The Gate

i hate rovers

Yes , for the "posh" people's food, us commoners have to continue to have the rubbish food.

It was Terry Pratchett who pointed out that if pigs' cheeks, trotters and tripe are traditional dishes for the poor, someone else is eating the rest of the pig...

I had the worst hot dog I've ever had while at the Gate on Wednesday night. Add a sausage roll, a packet of crisps and a bottle of water and I was almost a tenner out of pocket. I must be a mug

I've fairly often felt queasy after eating a hot dog (usually in a cidrous state), but only at the Gate have I felt sick watching someone else eat one. The consumer was sat in the row in front and the hot dog was covered with red & yellow stuff and smelt and looked disgusting :ill:

As to the yellow stuff, Lindley's do their own brand. I managed to get a look at the container in the Glos CCC Hammond Room and it says just that on the container "Yellow Stuff".

Eat your heart out, Mr Dibbler - CMOT Lindley is way ahead of you :o

I've fairly often felt queasy after eating a hot dog (usually in a cidrous state), but only at the Gate have I felt sick watching someone else eat one. The consumer was sat in the row in front and the hot dog was covered with red & yellow stuff and smelt and looked disgusting :ill:

As to the yellow stuff, Lindley's do their own brand. I managed to get a look at the container in the Glos CCC Hammond Room and it says just that on the container "Yellow Stuff".

Eat your heart out, Mr Dibbler - CMOT Lindley is way ahead of you :o

Hey it might've been me! Did he have a sausage roll, a packet of crisps and a bottle of water too?

PS I think I'm right in saying that the food at Old Trafford is cheaper than at Ashton Gate

Hey it might've been me! Did he have a sausage roll, a packet of crisps and a bottle of water too?

PS I think I'm right in saying that the food at Old Trafford is cheaper than at Ashton Gate

No, it was last season. Although he was looking at about 3p in change in his other hand. Hopefully, it distracted him from tasting the 'food' ;)

I enquired how much a bottle of water was in the Dolman kiosk the other night. The answer £2, that is disgusting. I walked to the gents and drank from the cold tap, there was no sign stating it was not drinking water and I've been alright since. I will now wait and see if that tap is rendered out of order to force people to buy water at £2 a bottle which is dearer than the beer in the bar.

I enquired how much a bottle of water was in the Dolman kiosk the other night. The answer £2, that is disgusting. I walked to the gents and drank from the cold tap, there was no sign stating it was not drinking water and I've been alright since. I will now wait and see if that tap is rendered out of order to force people to buy water at £2 a bottle which is dearer than the beer in the bar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pubs are obliged to offer tapwater free of charge after some unfortunate incidents involving Ecstasy and wired-shut cold taps. That may not apply to football clubs, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pubs are obliged to offer tapwater free of charge after some unfortunate incidents involving Ecstasy and wired-shut cold taps. That may not apply to football clubs, though.

any bar/pub wherever situated are obliged to serve tapwater for free...though i did read of a pub in pembrokeshire(that shall remain nameless!)who charged someone not for the tapwater but to cover the cost of cleaning the glass!!..i kid you not.

any bar/pub wherever situated are obliged to serve tapwater for free...though i did read of a pub in pembrokeshire(that shall remain nameless!)who charged someone not for the tapwater but to cover the cost of cleaning the glass!!..i kid you not.

The law is you have to offer tap water, but you can charge for the service of giving the water / glass etc.

I had the worst hot dog I've ever had while at the Gate on Wednesday night. Add a sausage roll, a packet of crisps and a bottle of water and I was almost a tenner out of pocket. I must be a mug

Unlucky, it being a trophy match n' all, if it was a cup game you being a mug wouldnt have stood out quite so badly... Why people waste money on rip-off 'catering' at an event lasting only a couple of hours max is beyond me tbh... Eat before or after elsewhere, get something palatable at a fair price, until venue cateres pull their socks up and are forced into offering better & cheaper matchday grub & drinks....

Its only the 'mug punters' putting up with it while paying through the nose thats to blame... Supply & demand for shite fayre is crazy imo.

Unlucky, it being a trophy match n' all, if it was a cup game you being a mug wouldnt have stood out quite so badly... Why people waste money on rip-off 'catering' at an event lasting only a couple of hours max is beyond me tbh... Eat before or after elsewhere, get something palatable at a fair price, until venue cateres pull their socks up and are forced into offering better & cheaper matchday grub & drinks....

Its only the 'mug punters' putting up with it while paying through the nose thats to blame... Supply & demand for shite fayre is crazy imo.

TBF at least visiting fans won't know it's shite until they bite into it :shocking: (poor sods)

I understand that no one needs to have a coffee and a pie at half time, but it's always been part of the day out for me. I say again, it the Gas can do it, why can't we?

Archived