IGNORED

Interesting Bit Of Trivia

Southport Red

Respect to Arsenal for that... how many teams can regularly win a Trophy?

Football is now a business and Entertainment Industry.

Arsenal Entertain and are a joy to watch every week as far as i'm concerned.

Would rather watch them than Chelsea or Man Utd.

Is there that much difference in them... no.

How much money do the other clubs spend though?

Out of 92 Clubs... how many are Trophy winners regularly? Not many...

Respect to Arsenal for that... how many teams can regularly win a Trophy?

Football is now a business and Entertainment Industry.

Arsenal Entertain and are a joy to watch every week as far as i'm concerned.

Would rather watch them than Chelsea or Man Utd.

Is there that much difference in them... no.

How much money do the other clubs spend though?

Out of 92 Clubs... how many are Trophy winners regularly? Not many...

Interesting you should say that as we were discussing it in work the other day. Arsenal were always the best team to watch but for me Swansea and Liverpool (although still a work in progress) are every bit as pleasing on the eye now. Wigan were also good to watch under Martinez so I'm expecting Everton to come to the fore in the near future. Also Spurs, Southampton and Villa play some nice stuff, Arsenal aren't the only team playing good passing football these days, and unlike Arsenal, other teams appear to have a plan B.

Interesting you should say that as we were discussing it in work the other day. Arsenal were always the best team to watch but for me Swansea and Liverpool (although still a work in progress) are every bit as pleasing on the eye now. Wigan were also good to watch under Martinez so I'm expecting Everton to come to the fore in the near future. Also Spurs, Southampton and Villa play some nice stuff, Arsenal aren't the only team playing good passing football these days, and unlike Arsenal, other teams appear to have a plan B.

If you remember in previous posts... I've always been a follower of Swansea and what they have done.

I can understand Liverpool going the same way too... understandable.... considering.

Spurs play tidy stuff too... I'm surprised by Villa this year... they've been boring for years.

There is no reason why this Club can't follow in the footsteps of Southampton and Swansea imho.

If you remember in previous posts... I've always been a follower of Swansea and what they have done.

I can understand Liverpool going the same way too... understandable.... considering.

Spurs play tidy stuff too... I'm surprised by Villa this year... they've been boring for years.

There is no reason why this Club can't follow in the footsteps of Southampton and Swansea imho.

Maybe the fans in Southampton and Swansea have a tiny bit of patience.

Let's hope so.

How do Arsenal fans feel about it? Yes, I know they haven't won any trophies, but they're the one top Premier League side that I'd cross the road to watch.

As a follower of arsenal (city first any day) I am happy with how arsenal play, and I think that this season arsenal are taking a step towards competing again, I also don't know who could be brought in to replace wenger that would continue with the style of play and do what he managed on the budget he had for so long

Maybe the fans in Southampton and Swansea have a tiny bit of patience.

I really do hope the Club ignore the fans and the likes of the EP.

We need the likes of SoD to make this Club fill it's potential.

Previous Board members have over reacted in the past and appointed poor managers with little provenence and experience.

As for what fans expect... the higher you get the worse it becomes.

I used to watch Man Utd regularly at home because I lived near Manchester for 3 years.

The fans of Man Utd, complain and moan more than any others I've heard first hand.

It is is what is... We just need to all relax and enjoy the ride... SoD and our football has been a breath of fresh air.

I don't care if we don't ever leave this league... the football I've seen this season has been entertaining and worth the entrance fee... sometimes it's not all about the result, but the philosophy... if you get my drift...

The old 'are we customers or supporters?' issue comes into play.

Frankly, how football came into being such a marketable product is due to its tribalism and competitiveness.

Therefore, in terms of financial responsibility, Arsene deserves a meddle. However, Arsenal is the most expensive club in the world to follow and Gooners have their footballing pride - which is measured by tangible footballing success.

It's a difficult balance but I hope Arsenal take a trophy home soon.

As a follower of arsenal (city first any day) I am happy with how arsenal play, and I think that this season arsenal are taking a step towards competing again, I also don't know who could be brought in to replace wenger that would continue with the style of play and do what he managed on the budget he had for so long

If Wenger were to go upstairs and mentor a young manager, the likes of a Martinez or Laudrup would be idea for Arsenal.

I think Martinez could become a great manager, he just has to get used to winning football matches to get a chance at a big club.

The old 'are we customers or supporters?' issue comes into play.

Frankly, how football came into being such a marketable product is due to its tribalism and competitiveness.

Therefore, in terms of financial responsibility, Arsene deserves a meddle. However, Arsenal is the most expensive club in the world to follow and Gooners have their footballing pride - which is measured by tangible footballing success.

It's a difficult balance but I hope Arsenal take a trophy home soon.

The reason football has become so big, is not just because of what you've said, but because it's followed by Lemmings who just put up with the shit it's given.

It's similar to Officers during WW1 getting the Canon fodder to go over the Trenches. Those with Money, Inteligence and that can manipulate those into following and doing... Win.

If fans actually stood up to their beliefs, then football wouldn't be where it is now... which is the gutter.

Unfortunately... we all just winge on forums while the players and Board piss themselves laughing at those that pay their money and make them rich.

The reason football has become so big, is not just because of what you've said, but because it's followed by Lemmings who just put up with the shit it's given.

It's similar to Officers during WW1 getting the Canon fodder to go over the Trenches. Those with Money, Inteligence and that can manipulate those into following and doing... Win.

If fans actually stood up to their beliefs, then football wouldn't be where it is now... which is the gutter.

Unfortunately... we all just winge on forums while the players and Board piss themselves laughing at those that pay their money and make them rich.

Agreed. No season ticket this year, for the first time (too pissed off with Pearson, Foster and all the other 'scapegoats') although the old man is still a sky subscriber of which his whole family are benefactors, just re-watching the g*s game, now.

Fans need a united front to return football to it's people.

Am impressed with the culture in cricket, on the whole - but that's another issue.

If Wenger were to go upstairs and mentor a young manager, the likes of a Martinez or Laudrup would be idea for Arsenal.

I think Martinez could become a great manager, he just has to get used to winning football matches to get a chance at a big club.

Martinez is a talented manager, but Arsenal need a massive name to succeed Wenger. It's all about attracting players for them now because everything's in place for them to become the best.

I read that Manchester United target Thiago said he didn't even know who David Moyes was! You'd have thought the draw of Manchester United would be enough. I think United are likely to miss out on a lot of players now the Fergie factor's not there.

Although Arse have not won a trophy for donkeys they continue to be involved at the highest levels and remain one of the big four....thats why the manager remains...

Replace that with several mid table finishes and 2 or 3 years with no ECL and he would have been down the benefits office with the others..

Incidentally what are these beliefs we should stand up for ? ,,,,,,,,, show me the manifesto .... note if standing is one of them then no pun was intented ... genuinley interested

Although Arse have not won a trophy for donkeys they continue to be involved at the highest levels and remain one of the big four....thats why the manager remains...

Replace that with several mid table finishes and 2 or 3 years with no ECL and he would have been down the benefits office with the others..

Incidentally what are these beliefs we should stand up for ? ,,,,,,,,, show me the manifesto .... note if standing is one of them then no pun was intented ... genuinley interested

Simple... every fan needs to stop going for a year... and to stop subscribing for a year.

It's just a year... but what a difference it would make.

Clubs would die... That sounds harsh... but we need it.

Football needs to start again. Phoenix from the flames and all that...

Martinez is a talented manager, but Arsenal need a massive name to succeed Wenger. It's all about attracting players for them now because everything's in place for them to become the best.

I read that Manchester United target Thiago said he didn't even know who David Moyes was! You'd have thought the draw of Manchester United would be enough. I think United are likely to miss out on a lot of players now the Fergie factor's not there.

Bloody typical. Mass media ignoring our players again.

Simple... every fan needs to stop going for a year... and to stop subscribing for a year.

It's just a year... but what a difference it would make.

Clubs would die... That sounds harsh... but we need it.

Football needs to start again. Phoenix from the flames and all that...

There's a bit of me thinks that some sort of euro super-dooper league would be good. The rest of the clubs could reform into something run in the way of the German league. We probably have too many fully professional clubs in this country - must be over 100. That can't be sustainable. Also, what would be so bad about returning to regional leagues from our (current) level down?

Trouble is greed would take over and a euro league would just spawn a new version of the dodgy model we have now.... Football selling its soul to pay-TV has created a debt fuelled monster.

Archived