IGNORED

Tunnel Cam: Bristol City Vs Bristol Rovers

Forza Revolution

....this is a cool vid, worth a look if you've got the time.

Check out the number plate on the gas 'vehicle'!!

Thoroughly good watch isn't it - so many things to bring up...yes the GAS2UWE van outside ...bahh...! Stuart Naylor Rovers keeper coach....didnt realise that ! Who is the guy that shakes all the gas players hands as they go in ? Cause fair play to him, he clapped both our goals.

Their keeper Mildenhall....can hear him gobbing before the start of the game and then as they come out for the 2nd half he's at it again...whats the matter with him...!!?

A mention for John Ward too - has a good chat with Scotty and then Aden Flint on the way back out for the 2nd half and finally, Wardy at the end, standing and saying well done to all our players as they reach him by the entrance to our changing room. Fair play John.

Thoroughly good watch isn't it - so many things to bring up...yes the GAS2UWE van outside ...bahh...! Stuart Naylor Rovers keeper coach....didnt realise that ! Who is the guy that shakes all the gas players hands as they go in ? Cause fair play to him, he clapped both our goals.

Their keeper Mildenhall....can hear him gobbing before the start of the game and then as they come out for the 2nd half he's at it again...whats the matter with him...!!?

A mention for John Ward too - has a good chat with Scotty and then Aden Flint on the way back out for the 2nd half and finally, Wardy at the end, standing and saying well done to all our players as they reach him by the entrance to our changing room. Fair play John.

Who was the older guy with glasses and white hair in a city t shirt?

I think this same bloke was on the 'Generation game' many years ago. He makes the tea etc at half time. I remember on the same show that he admitted putting salt in Rovers half time tea (many years ago). So they had some Rovers players come on the show and put custard pies in his face.

I like the 2 guys at the end of the tunnel who miss JET's goal because they are chatting to the woman behind them, then start berating the woman, presumably for distracting them!

I was also impressed by Baldock at the end, you would like to think that every captain takes his role that seriously, but somehow I doubt it.

Having stood in the Tunnel at various grounds in the past ( through business ) this perspective shown in the video is normal.

As some fans have said in this thread... 'Why can't some fans behave like this?'

Yes... it can get heated in the tunnel... I've seen a few handbags and stand offs with abuse being thrown... but it has soon settled down when the 'Officials' re appear. And often ends in a handshake. ( often this has happened due to poor refereeing decisions or a player acting unprofessionally )

You often see fans at Cricket and Rugby having lots of banter but at the end of the game... shake hands regardless of Result.

One day at football... someone will run on the pitch at the end of the game, and offer to shake the hands of the oppositions support... we can only dream of that day.

What it does show is that this is a Professional Business and a small one, especially locally.

Most staff from Clubs know one another, and are friendly and respect one another... only friendly banter is exchanged.

They have a job to do... and do it 'Professionally'.

It would be great if some fans remember this Video and let it effect their actions at games.

That was a different but totally enjoyable little clip. Interesting to see just what goes on in there. Nice to see there are still a few gentlemen in the game too, well done Sam Baldock, doing what a skipper should do and John Ward always was a decent sort so no surprise to see him doing that.

Having stood in the Tunnel at various grounds in the past ( through business ) this perspective shown in the video is normal.

As some fans have said in this thread... 'Why can't some fans behave like this?'

Yes... it can get heated in the tunnel... I've seen a few handbags and stand offs with abuse being thrown... but it has soon settled down when the 'Officials' re appear. And often ends in a handshake. ( often this has happened due to poor refereeing decisions or a player acting unprofessionally )

You often see fans at Cricket and Rugby having lots of banter but at the end of the game... shake hands regardless of Result.

One day at football... someone will run on the pitch at the end of the game, and offer to shake the hands of the oppositions support... we can only dream of that day.

What it does show is that this is a Professional Business and a small one, especially locally.

Most staff from Clubs know one another, and are friendly and respect one another... only friendly banter is exchanged.

They have a job to do... and do it 'Professionally'.

It would be great if some fans remember this Video and let it effect their actions at games.

City 0 Preston 2, 6th May 2000.

PNE had just won the old League 2, our players gave them a guard of honour as they left the tunnel before the kick off and after the game there was a really good natured pitch invasion that involved handshakes, scarf and shirt swapping etc. which really confused the Mounties. Remember a few PNE fans being in the penalty box in the Atyeo giving those of us that were left a round of applause. Havel always looked out for their scores since then.

Couple of points about the tunnel vid. Both teams look very professional (which is what you'd expect) but they also look pretty tense. It looks to me if the one person who 'gets it' is Scott Murray - my guess is that apart from Mr Ward, he's the only one with any experience of either playing or managing in a derby and if I'd have been SO'D I've had asked him to give the players a 'Braveheart' speech. He was certainly geeing up the Atyeo before he left the pitch with the warm up equipment!

Anyone have any idea why Harewood and that gas player go into the refs office before warm ups? Random drugs test? I would've thought if it was some sort of pre match briefing it would be captains.

EDIT: just realised it's Parkes so maybe Harewood stepped in for Baldock as he hadn't turned up yet??

Anyone have any idea why Harewood and that gas player go into the refs office before warm ups? Random drugs test? I would've thought if it was some sort of pre match briefing it would be captains.

EDIT: just realised it's Parkes so maybe Harewood stepped in for Baldock as he hadn't turned up yet??

Baldock started on the bench so Harewood was captain for the game before Baldock came on and took over again.

Harewood started as captain.

Harewood was captain before he was substituted for Baldock, wasn't he?

That is a great bit of insight. Especially seeing Joe Bryan's goal from that perspective. Cool as a cucumber.

When seen in the isolation of the camera shot from the tunnel..........it looks like Bryan is returning a ball to a couple of kids in the park............NOT scoring the winner in the Bristol Derby!! Also liked captain Baldock greeting the team back, Ward showing he's a classy bloke (But then again he was once a City manager) and the little fat gas dwarf briefly hopping around after they equalised.

Our dressing room was very quiet at the end of the game!

Hearing some of the 'noise' that comes out of the victorious dressing room on TV coverage, ours seemed very subdued

Obviously it's nice to beat the scum but SOD probably drummed it into them that it was just another game they had to go out and try to win. At the end of the day it was only the tinpot cop.

Obviously it's nice to beat the scum but SOD probably drummed it into them that it was just another game they had to go out and try to win. At the end of the day it was only the tinpot cop.

And knowing SoD he would have wanted to do the warm down/ after match team talk as soon as possible, it's not like they could go back out onto the pitch was it!

When seen in the isolation of the camera shot from the tunnel..........it looks like Bryan is returning a ball to a couple of kids in the park............NOT scoring the winner in the Bristol Derby!! Also liked captain Baldock greeting the team back, Ward showing he's a classy bloke (But then again he was once a City manager) and the little fat gas dwarf briefly hopping around after they equalised.

I was very impressed by John Ward in that video. I never thought I'd say this about a Rovers manager but he really is a top bloke.

Whereas I don't disagree with you, part of me feels a little disappointed that there wasn't some bad blood, a little dust up or at least some strong words exchanged by the players. All a

little too friendly for my liking.

Afghanistan the place for you if you want aggression and a little dust up...

Archived