IGNORED

Fontaine's Wages

Major Isewater

It would seem that Liam is still on a good wage for league 1 as Sid says hé had to loan him out before signing O'Connor AND McLaughlin (two for the price of one)

Nothing at all against Fonts but it shows the type of constraints the coach now has and despite this we have had some exciting footie and some cracking signings.

Bravo Mr O'Driscoll and company.

It would seem that Liam is still on a good wage for league 1 as Sid says hé had to loan him out before signing O'Connor AND McLaughlin (two for the price of one)

Nothing at all against Fonts but it shows the type of constraints the coach now has and despite this we have had some exciting footie and some cracking signings.

Bravo Mr O'Driscoll and company.

Who is Sid? James??

I'd be very surprised if Yeovil were paying 100% of his wages. I seem to remember when we loaned them Stewart all those years ago that we still paid a high % of his wages at the time.

But we were the big club then

Exactly.

Yeovil are a league above us now. Very, very different to the Stewart situation or even Joe Edwards situation which only happened last year! What a move that was for him!

I seriously hope Yeovil are paying all or at least the vast majority of Fonts wages.

Exactly.

Yeovil are a league above us now. Very, very different to the Stewart situation or even Joe Edwards situation which only happened last year! What a move that was for him!

I seriously hope Yeovil are paying all or at least the vast majority of Fonts wages.

No chance, we're still financially better off than them. I'd be surprised if they were paying anywhere near half his wages.

Understand Yeovil are paying £7k a week towards his wages.

I would be very surprised if that were the case. Our turnover will be somewhere in the region of £7m, even if we spend £4m on the playing budget that works out at £80k a week, a squad of 20 =£4k average.

I know as much about YTFC finances as the rest of you but £7k doesn't make sense. How much is he supposed to be on with you?

I would be very surprised if that were the case. Our turnover will be somewhere in the region of £7m, even if we spend £4m on the playing budget that works out at £4k a week for a squad of 20.

I know as much about YTFC finances as the rest of you but £7k doesn't make sense. How much is he supposed to be on with you?

Prob around 10k at a guess. Is he likely to go striaght into your lineup for Staurday?

No Idea, probably depends on the fitness of McAllister. Fonts can cover for him or either of the 2 central defenders, and right back at a push?

If it is £10k then I would guess at a 50/50 split.

Talked to JM on Wednesday, he reckons he is fit to return.

Also had a word with him about Faultaine, JM knows he has had a nightmare last couple of seasons but he said lack of confidence can really hit a players form.

As for LFs wages, I thought all our squad had a 40% wage cut after relegation. I would imagine LF to be on around 5k - 7k pw, so YT are probably paying most of that I would have thought.

Yeovil arnt going to be paying 7k thats for sure. I know of a 1st teamer who is only on £3k a week after promotion. Only he says ha. Its gonna be a 50/50 split id bave thought. At the end of the day they were in a strong position as nobody else wanted him and we wanted extra budget. Half his wages paid by somebody else is better than us paying full whack for a bench warmer.

Kilkenny is on a whole lot more.

I always wonder when I see these definitive statements on here: is there a FAX number or some such that I can sign up to to get the club to send me the player's wages agreement after their contract is signed?

I seem to be one of the few who doesn't know what Kilkenny, Fonts or Uncle Tom Cobleigh is earning at AG.

I always wonder when I see these definitive statements on here: is there a FAX number or some such that I can sign up to to get the club to send me the player's wages agreement after their contract is signed?

I seem to be one of the few who doesn't know what Kilkenny, Fonts or Uncle Tom Cobleigh is earning at AG.

I forgot to include the obligatory otib forum disclaimer that everything in a post on a forum is an opinion.

It seems obvious to me that Kilkenny coming from Leeds, turning down a new deal there, a player with international caps, who we signed as a long sought after creative midfielder, alongside Stead and Pitman who we know we outpaid Blackpool for, is on a lot more than Fontaine who we signed out of Fulham's youth team. I know Fontaine's had a new deal or two since, but still.

Archived