IGNORED

Ukraine Vs England

Robin 101

England are average, have been for years now.

We're on par with the likes of Poland, Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic and probably France at the moment and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

We are miles away from the likes of Spain, Germany, Holland etc!! The sooner people realise this, the better

We're on par with the likes of Poland, Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic and probably France at the moment and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

We are miles away from the likes of Spain, Germany, Holland etc!! The sooner people realise this, the better

I would really, really feel sorry for anyone who was deluded enough to think that was anywhere near our level.

Never a penalty. He ran across walker. Should have booked the idiot from Ukraine not walker.

Walker got the wrong side, had a shocker all night (not the only one mind), you can see by his reaction it was a foul.

question is was it inside or out, does the line count as inside or out?

Question: City in 6 months time once bedded in playing against that lot.

Scoreline? (At the Gate)

Good question! I said it earlier I genuinely believe JET is a better 'footballer' than Walcott!

The difference would be the midfield of Wilshire, Gerrard and lampard! This England side would beat City by 3 or 4 goals.

I would really, really feel sorry for anyone who was deluded enough to think that was anywhere near our level.

The way people react with a point away from home to Ukraine shows that some people still believe that. This was always going to be a tough fixture, this game was all about the result and we got that.

Good question! I said it earlier I genuinely believe JET is a better 'footballer' than Walcott!

The difference would be the midfield of Wilshire, Gerrard and lampard! This England side would beat City by 3 or 4 goals.

I agree with the 3 or 4, I'd hope we'd nick a goal too.

Some fairly harsh comments on here tonight. Clean sheet in Ukraine with Cahill and Cole outstanding in defence:

Hart......7

Walker..6

Cahill....9

Jagielka.8

Cole......9

Walcott..5

Lampard.5

Gerrard...7

Wilshere..4

Milner..... 5

Lambert..7

subs.

Young.....4

Cleverley..n/s

I like those ratings. Harsh but fair in many instances.

About Wiltshire, Stuart Pearce has always said that if we want to be successful at International level, then players need to play in the under 21s and their tournaments to gain proper experience. The problem is that we have a small and diminishing pool of talent. As soon as someone has a good game in the Premier League, they are in the international squad. Wiltshire's performance showed this to be true. He's not really played for the under 21s and was woeful tonight. His decision making on the ball was so poor.

How Sterling and Barkely are in the senior squad and not in the under 21s is amazing. We are so short sighted. We don't plan ahead.

In contrast I think I'm right in saying that Michu has never been picked for Spain. Isco has hardly been picked in their squad.

We need to face the facts - we are a 2nd to 3rd tier international side and to pretend we're not is futile and counter productive.

Just wish we'd show some innovation in our fundamental approach.

England are as boring as a rainy Sunday afternoon in November; that sort of fine, perminant drizzle.

I'd go SOD's law. Possibly sacrifice short term mediocracy/failure and try to gel together the country's finest young talent with a vision for 4 years from now. Address things at grass route level with a systematically employed philosophy, too.

Our cricket and rugby teams have outshone our footballers because the international sides take priorety over the domestic game. I can't see that changing in football, though. Can you?

To be fair, Holland aren't all that

Archived