IGNORED

Crawley Game In Doubt? Now Postponed

Real Red

Tuesday 29th would be perfect -it's half term and I'm in Bristol!!!! Please!!!!!

Would be a good date to have it as it half term and kids will be able to go without worrying about school!

Yes indeed - that's my normal reason for not making midweek matches - getting home after a match is far too late for a 6YO with school the next day (and going without him doesn't feel fair given how much he loves it)

I like night games, but got to say that I feel sorry for people who have bought season tickets but can't make mid week games!

I like to take my youngest son to football on a Saturday afternoon, it was hard work encouraging him to be a City fan when he was really young but now he is avid and has contempt for any Bristolian supporting the big boys.

He plays at a decent level Saturday mornings and has to train most nights of the week.

So that's 2 games cancelled this season he cant go to. Because Wes Burns and Marvin Elliott wont be able to sit on our bench.

Its pathetic and just as City have exercised their right to cancel the game, next season I will be exercising my right not to purchase a whole family of season tickets.

I like to take my youngest son to football on a Saturday afternoon, it was hard work encouraging him to be a City fan when he was really young but now he is avid and has contempt for any Bristolian supporting the big boys.

He plays at a decent level Saturday mornings and has to train most nights of the week.

So that's 2 games cancelled this season he cant go to. Because Wes Burns and Marvin Elliott wont be able to sit on our bench.

Its pathetic and just as City have exercised their right to cancel the game, next season I will be exercising my right not to purchase a whole family of season tickets.

Whilst unfortunate your family has difficulties making rearranged games, I suspect the delay is being sought to bring players back from injury.

I bought tickets in advance for the next two home games, so that I could get the seat I wanted, and cleared the dates with the Domestic Authority. I shan't be doing that again in a hurry. There really is no need to postpone these games, and we can only hope there won't be a bad winter and fixture congestion at the end of the season.

Not a happy hedgehog :grr:

I bought tickets in advance for the next two home games, so that I could get the seat I wanted, and cleared the dates with the Domestic Authority. I shan't be doing that again in a hurry. There really is no need to postpone these games, and we can only hope there won't be a bad winter and fixture congestion at the end of the season.

Not a happy hedgehog :grr:

Bit melodramatic!

We have 2 midweek games scheduled between now and Christmas. This game will almost certainly be played by the end of November if not October.

Bit melodramatic!

We have 2 midweek games scheduled between now and Christmas. This game will almost certainly be played by the end of November if not October.

Climate change, innit?

Remember how it was global warming until we had a really cold winter?

Whilst unfortunate your family has difficulties making rearranged games, I suspect the delay is being sought to bring players back from injury.

Sorry mate but that isn't it.

So far as I am aware we have 3 injured players Pearson Kelly and O'Connor - all out until 2014.

So what are the club going to do, cancel every game until then?

Burns doesn't even make the bench today. Elliot will probably get a few minutes.

So in reality the Crawley game is cancelled for Williams - and didn't we sign a cover centre half yesterday who is on the bench today?

Like I said, its pathetic and typical of the people running this club that think nothing of ******* the supporters about.

I can see the clubs point of view in post poning this game bearing in mind that we've got a midweek game and a free Saturday will give players more time to recover from knocks. oth I think its unfair on the fans I know several season ticket holders who can't attend mid week games because of the distance they have to travel, I'm not sure that calling it off is a good idea anyway, IMO we should look to be building on the last two performances which have been encouraging, the bottom line is its a stupid rule anyway and should be changed to take it out of the clubs hands, I mean if their were no international fixtures and we rang up the league and said "Williams Elliott and burns are injured'can we postpone our game Saturday they'd tell us to get stuffed! Its ridiculous, marves been sub for the last 2 games. Williams is a youngster with a hand full of appearances and wes isn't even in the squad. it seems that permission to pp is automatically given if 3 or more players are called up, I think that requests by clubs for post lineaments should be looked at individually, because were basically calling a game off because of 1 player, I've got no axe to grind because I enjoy night games and always attend them, but I do think it's unfair on a lot of city fans!

I can see the clubs point of view in post poning this game bearing in mind that we've got a midweek game and a free Saturday will give players more time to recover from knocks. .............

.................... but I do think it's unfair on a lot of city fans!

All credit to you for trying to see the clubs point of view, however the re-arranged midweek game will inevitably follow a Saturday game and therefore the issue of recovering from knocks will not be removed from the equation.

I do not see any justification or even logic for cancelling the game due to the unavailability of just one first team regular and the decision reinforces my view that the club is run by idiots unsympathetic to the notion that they are disrupting the plans of many of their "customers".

All credit to you for trying to see the clubs point of view, however the re-arranged midweek game will inevitably follow a Saturday game and therefore the issue of recovering from knocks will not be removed from the equation.

I do not see any justification or even logic for cancelling the game due to the unavailability of just one first team regular and the decision reinforces my view that the club is run by idiots unsympathetic to the notion that they are disrupting the plans of many of their "customers".

I'd imagine the ultimate decision maker was SOD.

Good points, well made.

Archived