IGNORED

Careful What You Wish For !

Major Isewater

I was talking to a Newcastle supporter last night and hé is really disenchanted with the club.

He speaks of players that clearly dont have any interest in the club or the supporters.

They don't battle,give their all,and the sense is the "Toon Army" are being mugged off .

A manager who is being undermined by "Joke in ear" who does n't know half the players but thinks hé has won all the major trophies in football and can summon up a second "Ginola" at a duty free in Calais.

Finally ,an owner who thought he could buy the club And immediately sell it on for a profit but was very wrong and shall we say he's cautious with his investment.

All in all ,no longer a pleasure to follow his team .

So what ? You say,who cares ,premier league etc etc

Well the what is,i was and am flippin proud to be a city supporter.For me the feelgood factor is back,you know all the reasons why and at the end of our conversation i realised the future is bright our club is in willing hands.

Thanks to all

City are back !

I was talking to a Newcastle supporter last night and hé is really disenchanted with the club.

He speaks of players that clearly dont have any interest in the club or the supporters.

They don't battle,give their all,and the sense is the "Toon Army" are being mugged off .

A manager who is being undermined by "Joke in ear" who does n't know half the players but thinks hé has won all the major trophies in football and can summon up a second "Ginola" at a duty free in Calais.

Finally ,an owner who thought he could buy the club And immediately sell it on for a profit but was very wrong and shall we say he's cautious with his investment.

Well the what is,i was and am flippin proud to be a city supporter.For me the feelgood factor is back,you know all the reasons why and at the end of our conversation i realised the future is bright our club is in willing hands.

Thanks to all

City are back !

More or less what a toon fan said to me on Friday night, top post.

Good post. For me the worst thing about the Premier League is that you'd hardly ever play at 3pm on Saturday ever again. Far too many televised games.

I'm not so sure about that..?! Obviously the "big" clubs who command more TV games do get moved about, although this is also largely due to European fixtures, not just TV.

It would be interesting to see the stats for lower-mid table type clubs and see how many of their fixtures are played on a Satuday over the course of a season.

I'm not so sure about that..?! Obviously the "big" clubs who command more TV games do get moved about, although this is also largely due to European fixtures, not just TV.

It would be interesting to see the stats for lower-mid table type clubs and see how many of their fixtures are played on a Satuday over the course of a season.

I just had a look, using Aston Villa as an example of a "lower-mid table type club" and up until Christmas (which appears to be when tv schedules are set until) they have all but 3 of their games at what you would consider "normal" times ie. 3pm Saturday or usual midweek fixture.

1 of those has been moved to Saturday lunchtime, 1 to Sunday afternoon and the other to monday night.

I don't see that as a major upheaval to the fixture list that would mean they "hardly ever play at 3pm on a Saturday, ever again!"

I just had a look, using Aston Villa as an example of a "lower-mid table type club" and up until Christmas (which appears to be when tv schedules are set until) they have all but 3 of their games at what you would consider "normal" times ie. 3pm Saturday or usual midweek fixture.

1 of those has been moved to Saturday lunchtime, 1 to Sunday afternoon and the other to monday night.

I don't see that as a major upheaval to the fixture list that would mean they "hardly ever play at 3pm on a Saturday, ever again!"

Yes but we would be top four,where would that leave us.

The " Feel good factor " is slowly filtering through our supporters, it is even begining to show itself omongst posters on this forum

apart from ticketing and food issues there seems to be less moaning and groaning about the teams efforts,

That said anyone had a look at the glovers forum lately ! anyway onward and upwards, i am convinced a lot of the team

read this forum, the more positivety we show will manifest itself in the performances on the pitch imo..

The " Feel good factor " is slowly filtering through our supporters, it is even begining to show itself omongst posters on this forum

apart from ticketing and food issues there seems to be less moaning and groaning about the teams efforts,

That said anyone had a look at the glovers forum lately ! anyway onward and upwards, i am convinced a lot of the team

read this forum, the more positivety we show will manifest itself in the performances on the pitch imo..

I sincerely hope that none of the players do read this forum!

If, god forbid, they do... Then I hope they by and large ignore the majority of the things posted by many idiots who shout loud on here, without even regularly attending matches.

As suggested (and largely proven) before, this forum only offers a very small percentage of the actual fan base that regularly attend Ashton Gate and hopefully the views on here are taken as such by any player that might take a look.

Thanks to all

City are back !

That's why you are better off being a City Supporter bobbing about between the Championship and League 1.

Like you say...the 'feel good' factor is back... it doesn't matter what League you are in, as long as it's entertaining and their is some passion and a plan in place.

I've watched quiet a few Prem League games live... and to be frank, it's overhyped tosh.

Most fans I've met that follow their teams in the Prem aren't particularly happy with what's going on at their Club.

I watched Man Utd for a few seasons... their fans complain more than any I've met... so what's the friggin point.

Being a City fan is much more fun... I don't give a toss for the Prem.

A scenario... would you rather be a City fan in this league or a Villa fan... where you know you're never gonna win or never go down?... how boring...

Archived