IGNORED

Parish Vs. Fielding

catcott_red1

Yes fielding is a complete clown, that's why he was in the england squad and many derby fans including one that I know personally and whose judgement I respect rated him as one of the best keepers in the championship only a few months ago! fielding is NOT a clown,its just something about this club, we have s jinx on us! having said that I hope Parrish plays on Tuesday! if nothing else it will give people one less thing to moan about!

Yes fielding is a complete clown, that's why he was in the england squad and many derby fans including one that I know personally and whose judgement I respect rated him as one of the best keepers in the championship only a few months ago! fielding is NOT a clown,its just something about this club, we have s jinx on us! having said that I hope Parrish plays on Tuesday! if nothing else it will give people one less thing to moan about!

He WAS in the england squad. Francis Jeffers and Miichael Ricketts have played for England let alone been in the squad so saying that is pretty irrelavant to the current argument.

He has been poor since the very first game he played and yesterday was at fault for thier first goal. I still think Parish should be given a chance to show what he can do. Or let them each have 10 games each and see who performs better. For me i just prefer Parish over FF.

I can think of four games this season already where FF has made a mistake that has cost us a goal.

1)Braford he came rushing out

2)Coventtry - flapping when the ball was allowed to drop.

3)Not covering the near post with a defensive wall (against Wolves I think)

4)Today against Peterborough - straight from the David James school of keeping !!!

I'm not saying Parish is better than FF, but FF has dropped plenty of clangers already.

I would say criticising him for letting in Sako's free kick is a bit harsh, but on the other hand I felt he was heavily responsible for the goal at Gillingham from the long throw. That ball was in the air a long, long time and yet Fielding remained rooted to his line. Had he shown some bravery and came to try and claim the ball I felt the worst that would have happened would we would have been awarded a free kick. After all we all know how much referee's like to overprotect goalkeepers in crowded penalty boxes.

David James played over 50 times for England. Doesn't change the fact that when McInnes finally dropped him after one clanger too many Gerken came in and was a major reason in why we managed to survive that year.

The one thing for me that stands out for me when looking at Fielding is indecision. Indecision when knowing when to catch or punch, stay on his line or come out and whether to play long or pass out from the back (Almost gifted away a couple of goals at Gillingham through dithering on the ball). He has made some decent saves at times and first half against Coventry he actually kept the score down to 3, which shows how inept we were.

I would have been tempted to play Parish yesterday and I would certainly play him Tuesday. Some will rightly say he hasn't had a lot to do in his two games, but he has been calm, decisive and has really impressed me when playing the ball out from the back. You watch our second goal against the gas and it all starts from Parish confidently retaining possession at the back when it was simpler to hoof it out for a throw in.

I also think Parish being selected over Fielding tomorrow night will send out a message to everyone in the squad in the way that Basso replacing Phillips did all those years ago. It lets everyone know that team selection is not a status quo and shows everyone that is out of the team that if they work hard in training and impress when given an opportunity in the team they will be able to be picked over one of their bigger named colleagues. It of course also lets everyone that is the team know that they have to perform if they wish to keep their place in the 11.

Having said all that I fully expect SO'D to keep Fielding in the team.

Parish deserves his chance. I don't subscribe to this "if we drop FF it will ruin his confidence" carp... if he gets dropped it should push him to up his game to try and get his place back. Same should go for Maloney & Cunningham who have both been quite disappointing this season - being dropped should be a 'kick up the ass' that players who have got too comfortable sometimes need.

that's why he was in the england squad

Capello only called Fielding up to the squad for the friendly v Hungary in 2010 to make a point to Paul Robinson, who announced his international retirement after being selected for the same squad (the first game after the 2010 world cup, with the timing of the announcement obviously made to cause Capello maximum embarrassment). At the time Fielding was Blackburn's third choice (behind Robinson).

Archived