IGNORED

Parish Vs. Fielding

catcott_red1

I have to say i've been more impressed with Parish thank i have Feilding.

Parish looked very comfortable in both the games he has played for us and while he didn't have loads to do in either he kept calm and did his job well. Made a few good saves vs the gas.

The area that makes me more confident in him rather thank Frank is the command of his area and coming for crosses. FF is shorter and doesnt really do this and at this level alot of the play agaisnt us will be crosses into the box into a big physical striker.

I kow FF is at the very begining of his career and may take time to settle and he may just take longer to than Parish, but Elliot seems to have adapted quicker.

Anyone think that if he makes a few mistakes than SOD might put Parish in instead. I wouldnt mind seeing him in goal for a run of games.

Thoughts?

Haven't been overly impressed with fielding but it is a bit early to write him off already. He seems to me as in the same sort of mould as Gerken as being a good shot stopper but doesn't command his box, IMO we need to stick with Fielding for a good run of games and see what happens

I was ok with Fielding being 1st choice, but after watching all the seasons goals at the weekend I was surprised how often I thought he could have done better - so now I'm not so sure.... maybe he needs a long run, to be honest though, I have no problems if Parish gets picked as he seemed pretty solid.

For me it's a no Brainer... Parish has been the far more consistent Keeper overall.

It's not based on FF's mistake against Bradford... but in general.

He also seems to make the Defence less jittery... oozes confidence and has a 'presence'.

FF... comes across as one of those keepers where you know anything can happen... not my type at all.

I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he is a good keeper. Yes... he is a 'shot stopper' but the rest of his game is not as composed as Parish's imho.

I'd prefer to see Parish given a run.

I have to say i've been more impressed with Parish thank i have Feilding.

Parish looked very comfortable in both the games he has played for us and while he didn't have loads to do in either he kept calm and did his job well. Made a few good saves vs the gas.

The area that makes me more confident in him rather thank Frank is the command of his area and coming for crosses. FF is shorter and doesnt really do this and at this level alot of the play agaisnt us will be crosses into the box into a big physical striker.

I kow FF is at the very begining of his career and may take time to settle and he may just take longer to than Parish, but Elliot seems to have adapted quicker.

Anyone think that if he makes a few mistakes than SOD might put Parish in instead. I wouldnt mind seeing him in goal for a run of games.

Thoughts?

Parish has played in 2 cup games where he has had very little to do. And IMO, against rovers I thought he was dodgy. Poor distribution, nearly dropped a clanger, and pushed that shot straight into the middle of the box which could of cost us.

Darby fans were shocked he dropped down to league 1, and the fact is he has been in an England squad and there is reason for that.

Funny how people forget that save against MK which saved us a point, or the fact that bar bradford he hasn't actually made any mistakes.

People said the same about Heaton, e is conceeding goals therefore he isn't good enough....

Just shows how little some people know bout football

Parish has played in 2 cup games where he has had very little to do. And IMO, against rovers I thought he was dodgy. Poor distribution, nearly dropped a clanger, and pushed that shot straight into the middle of the box which could of cost us.

Darby fans were shocked he dropped down to league 1, and the fact is he has been in an England squad and there is reason for that.

Funny how people forget that save against MK which saved us a point, or the fact that bar bradford he hasn't actually made any mistakes.

People said the same about Heaton, e is conceeding goals therefore he isn't good enough....

Just shows how little some people know bout football

There's also a reason he's no longer in the England Squad.

There's also a reason he dropped down to League 1.

You seem to have this rather unique way of never understanding other peoples posts.

It's not about FF being a bad keeper... it's the fact that Parish is displaying a better all round form at the moment.

There is no denying they are both good keepers on there day... but Parish has a stabling and composed auro about him and does the simple things well.

FF tends to flap and panic at the moment.

We need to start winning some games and have a defence that is confident in their keepers ability.

You can see the defence is not relaxed around FF at the moment.

It's ok saying give him a run of games to give him confidence, but we don't have the luxury of points on the board to do that.

We made the same mistake of giving Fontaine a run to give him confidence and look how that backfired and how many points he cost us.

Parish is the 'Form ' keeper at the moment and should play... We'll have to agree to disagree on your view... like Adults...before you go offering me out because we don't agree... :facepalm::thumbsup::shifty:

There's also a reason he's no longer in the England Squad.

There's also a reason he dropped down to League 1.

You seem to have this rather unique way of never understanding other peoples posts.

It's not about FF being a bad keeper... it's the fact that Parish is displaying a better all round form at the moment.

There is no denying they are both good keepers on there day... but Parish has a stabling and composed auro about him and does the simple things well.

FF tends to flap and panic at the moment.

We need to start winning some games and have a defence that is confident in their keepers ability.

You can see the defence is not relaxed around FF at the moment.

It's ok saying give him a run of games to give him confidence, but we don't have the luxury of points on the board to do that.

We made the same mistake of giving Fontaine a run to give him confidence and look how that backfired and how many points he cost us.

Parish is the 'Form ' keeper at the moment and should play... We'll have to agree to disagree on your view... like Adults...before you go offering me out because we don't agree... :facepalm::thumbsup::shifty:

Are you seriously saying that Fieldings performances are on par with Fontaines?

If so you really are deluded.

As for Parrish showing better form??! He has had nothing to do!!! All this organising the defence etc etc, he has played played against a shitte palace and rovers side.

Think you have misunderstood what Spudski is saying.

Still think we should stick with Fielding in goal though, both good keepers but Fielding just gets the nod from me.

Sorry but I think people put too much emphasis on the "goalkeeper inspiring confidence" talk....if anything it's a get out of jail free card for some defences. Yes a side Should be confident that the keeper can do a job, but the defence should be able to organise between themselves.

Parrish has played 2 games where he has had nothing to do, games where we put under far less pressure than in the league games.....yet this is enough evidence for some people to say he is abetter option than fielding.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Fielding has looked shaky, I think we'd all agree on that. He has made some mistakes and he certainly needs to improve his prescence in the box from set pieces and his decision making in regards to either coming or staying on the line. That being said he has also made some very good saves, the first half at Northampton (Coventry) being an example of this.

It is early days yet and it is still too early to judge him but I have been concerned with him at times, he just doesn't fill me with much confidence when he's coming to claim something. Hopefully he can cement his place in the side though and show the form and ability that saw him so highly rated a couple of seasons ago.

As for Parish, whilst he has had little to do in his two games, he has looked fairly solid and it is good that we have genuine competition for the first team spot. Should Fielding make another howler today, perhaps there would be a serious case for Parish's involvement Tuesday evening.

Are you seriously saying that Fieldings performances are on par with Fontaines?

If so you really are deluded.

As for Parrish showing better form??! He has had nothing to do!!! All this organising the defence etc etc, he has played played against a shitte palace and rovers side.

As Stroud Valley Red said and what I said in my original post... you never seem to understand other peoples posts... you've obviously never played in defence for a team at a high standard. No offense...

Of course having a Keeper who is confident in his own game is of most importance to have behind you.

It breeds confidence throughout the team and when confident you play better.

Only this week, the England manager was talking about how important it is to have a confident 'inform' keeper playing and not someone trying to find their form.

Read my post again slowly and try to understand the sentiment... it's not a go at FF... but an observation on current form... and GK'ing is not just about 'Shot stopping'...

As Stroud Valley Red said and what I said in my original post... you never seem to understand other peoples posts... you've obviously never played in defence for a team at a high standard. No offense...

Of course having a Keeper who is confident in his own game is of most importance to have behind you.

It breeds confidence throughout the team and when confident you play better.

Only this week, the England manager was talking about how important it is to have a confident 'inform' keeper playing and not someone trying to find their form.

Read my post again slowly and try to understand the sentiment... it's not a go at FF... but an observation on current form... and GK'ing is not just about 'Shot stopping'...

Yet SOD continues to pick him....hmmm I think I will take his judgement over yours :).

Yet SOD continues to pick him....hmmm I think I will take his judgement over yours :).

He continued to play Fontaine last season so that shows there are grounds for questioning his judgement on occasion.

I'm certainly not writing Fielding off yet - and to be fair I don't think Spudski is either - but it is good to have genuine competition for the keeper's jersey and I think at the moment a case for continuing with the form keeper, Parish, could reasonably be made.

He continued to play Fontaine last season so that shows there are grounds for questioning his judgement on occasion.

I'm certainly not writing Fielding off yet - and to be fair I don't think Spudski is either - but it is good to have genuine competition for the keeper's jersey and I think at the moment a case for continuing with the form keeper, Parish, could reasonably be made.

Totally this... I have not written off FF at all... this is purely about confidence and form... of which Parish imho is winning right now.

It's no coincidence that Parish has had little to do during his games, because he's marshalled his defence well. The things he did need to do he did well.

Totally this... I have not written off FF at all... this is purely about confidence and form... of which Parish imho is winning right now.

It's no coincidence that Parish has had little to do during his games, because he's marshallIed his defence well. The things he did need to do he did well.

But where has this confidence issue come from? What makes you so sure there is a confidence issue?

Against Palarse you were playing a 3rd strong starting xi, and rovers are of course shitte.

Personally think people are blowing Parrish performances well out of proportion. There is good reason why Fielding is playing the league games, where the teams are putting us under far more pressure.

Fielding had a dodgy mistake against Bradford, since then he has been fine. People blowing his performances well out of proportion.

But where has this confidence issue come from? What makes you so sure there is a confidence issue?

Against Palarse you were playing a 3rd strong starting xi, and rovers are of course shitte.

Personally think people are blowing Parrish performances well out of proportion. There is good reason why Fielding is playing the league games, where the teams are putting us under far more pressure.

Fielding had a dodgy mistake against Bradford, since then he has been fine. People blowing his performances well out of proportion.

Like I said before... we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Imho... FF performances have been way below par since Bradford.

You only have to watch the August highlights above to see how poor his positioning has been and his frequent 'flapping' and lack of composure when under pressure. A couple saves doesn't make you an 'in form' keeper.

There are far more people questioning FF's performances than praising... where as there has been nothing but praise for Parish regardless of opposition... you can only play against what's put in front of you... and as regards your comment 'and rovers are of course shitte' then that sums up your judgement for me...regardless of who they are... Rovers put in a strong second half performance against us, of which SoD acknowledged.

Like I said before... we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Imho... FF performances have been way below par since Bradford.

You only have to watch the August highlights above to see how poor his positioning has been and his frequent 'flapping' and lack of composure when under pressure. A couple saves doesn't make you an 'in form' keeper.

There are far more people questioning FF's performances than praising... where as there has been nothing but praise for Parish regardless of opposition... you can only play against what's put in front of you... and as regards your comment 'and rovers are of course shitte' then that sums up your judgement for me...regardless of who they are... Rovers put in a strong second half performance against us, of which SoD acknowledged.

I was in the boozer watching the rovers game, and one Charlton fan and a Burnley fan thought Parish was dodgy, largely due to poor distribution and the punch out straight to the rovers player....and I thought the same.

Thought he was dodgy at times and nearly dropped a clanger.....something people convenietly forget.

As for rovers putting us under pressure, they stop only created one decent second half chAnce, and that came from parish pushing the ball straight into their player....

Fielding has been ok apart from Bradford, Parrish has been ok when he has played....people think they have seen enough for ff to altomaticaly be dropped they are deluded.....something backed up by SODs decision to keep playing him....

I was in the boozer watching the rovers game, and one Charlton fan and a Burnley fan thought Parish was dodgy, largely due to poor distribution and the punch out straight to the rovers player....and I thought the same.

Thought he was dodgy at times and nearly dropped a clanger.....something people convenietly forget.

As for rovers putting us under pressure, they stop only created one decent second half chAnce, and that came from parish pushing the ball straight into their player....

Fielding has been ok apart from Bradford, Parrish has been ok when he has played....people think they have seen enough for ff to altomaticaly be dropped they are deluded.....something backed up by SODs decision to keep playing him....

I won't say 'I told you so'... FF is becoming predictably unpredictable... makes error for goal then makes a pen save... I hope he gets some form back because this isn't good enough right now...

I won't say 'I told you so'... FF is becoming predictably unpredictable... makes error for goal then makes a pen save... I hope he gets some form back because this isn't good enough right now...

Be interesting to see if SOD sticks with him, especially considering he is going to start being under pressure himself unless the results improve.

Be interesting to see if SOD sticks with him, especially considering he is going to start being under pressure himself unless the results improve.

Totally agree re FF needing to improve... I still have faith in Sod... even if we don't win today. Pressure for instant results will only come from City fans who have no patience and understanding in what is going on down the at the Club.

As Baldock recently said... it's taking them a while to take on board and understand SoD's ideas... once they get it... we'll be ok.

Totally agree re FF needing to improve... I still have faith in Sod... even if we don't win today. Pressure for instant results will only come from City fans who have no patience and understanding in what is going on down the at the Club.

As Baldock recently said... it's taking them a while to take on board and understand SoD's ideas... once they get it... we'll be ok.

Well no wins in 6 if that continues and we become relegation candidates then the pressure certainly will be on SOD.

I rate SOD more than any other manager post Johnson but I am concerned about our midfield and the way SOD sees it.

Well no wins in 6 if that continues and we become relegation candidates then the pressure certainly will be on SOD.

I rate SOD more than any other manager post Johnson but I am concerned about our midfield and the way SOD sees it.

We'll be ok... it will come, it's only September... mid table to top third by end of season. Reid and Bryan will get a better understanding each game. We've been crying out to get young players involved... results won't come over night however frustrating... just enjoy the ride ;-)

We'll be ok... it will come, it's only September... mid table to top third by end of season. Reid and Bryan will get a better understanding each game. We've been crying out to get young players involved... results won't come over night however frustrating... just enjoy the ride ;-)

Hope that's true but a big step back for the team and Fielding today.

Archived