IGNORED

Team Vs. Shrewsbury

headhunter

This is a must win game even at this early stage of the season. Why? A confidence booster in general and would be a help too with a local derby against Swindon 4 days later.

Yesterday's debacle was the first game i have missed this season. The reaction from a former season ticket holder to whom I gave my seats was "atrocious"!

We have conceded 2.5 goals per league game which is not acceptable.

This would be my team on Tuesday:

Parrish

O'Connor > Flint > Williams > Shorey

Wagstaff > Reid > Elliott > Bryan

JET > Baldock

Fielding's confidence is shot in my opinion, the defence has no confidence in him. Maloney is not strong (could see from TV how he was out-muscled for No.3 y'day) and where did we ever get the view that Cunningham was a good player.

I've included Wagstaffe for width but could swap him for Pack and give Bryan an even more attacking role

Was the right footed O'Connor played to the left of Flint? If yes, that was a crass selection decision by SOD with Williams available.

In SOD we trust but for how much longer. His record after 26 (?) league games in charge must be the worst of any BCFC post war manager!

Sorry but if wynter is fit, he has to play. IMO, we actually missed the calmness he brings to midfield. He may seem weak but he gets himself in positions that allow the ball to move around. Provides that outlet. My team would be:

.............................Parrish..................................

Moloney..........flint.......Williams.............Shorey

Wagstaff.........pack..........wynter..............Bryan

...............................JET.....................................

.............................baldock................................

. Maloney is not strong (could see from TV how he was out-muscled for No.3 y'day)

Moloney wasn't even on the pitch when we conceded the third goal yesterday, it was Cunningham that got shown up by Assombalonga.

As for Tuesday, Elliott, Shorey and Williams should all come into the team and possibly O'Connor instead of Moloney at right back, but I don't have any strong feelings either way regarding that.

I think Bryan is a great player but last game he was asked to play more central of 3 central midfield and seemed lost and not tracking back to cover Cunningham ( not that wagstaff was much better at this mind you ).

I think Fielding will get another chance and don't think both full backs will be replaced but like the idea of O connor charging forward on the right has good composure on the ball and played decent when he went RCD near the end of the game when we went 3 at the back.

I think Harewood had a good cameo but Jet is too good to drop but if he's the same performance as yesterday swap him at half time.

I'd like it to be

Parish

O connor Flint Williams Cunningham

Wagstaff Elliot Reid Shorey/Pack

Jet

Baldock

Fielding

O'Connor

Flint

Williams

Shorey

Wagstaff

Pack

Elliott

Bryan

JET

Baldock

I would change both full backs as they were dire on Saturday. When they got forward they tried crossing the ball from 30 yards out and 9 times out of 10 when straight into keepers arms. Shorey has that bit more quality with the ball at his feet and O'Connor would be stronger than Maloney at right back imo.

The reason i would put Elliott in front of Bobby Reid is to give the central midfield more strength so that the wide players can actually play as wide players. Both Bryan and Wagstaff were so narrow on Saturday we may as well have put 2 more natural midfielders in instead of them!! This would also allow JET to play up alongside Baldock instead of out on the wing which clearly didn't suit him.

Fielding

O'Connor

Flint

Williams

Shorey

Wagstaff

Pack

Elliott

Bryan

JET

Baldock

I would change both full backs as they were dire on Saturday. When they got forward they tried crossing the ball from 30 yards out and 9 times out of 10 when straight into keepers arms. Shorey has that bit more quality with the ball at his feet and O'Connor would be stronger than Maloney at right back imo.

The reason i would put Elliott in front of Bobby Reid is to give the central midfield more strength so that the wide players can actually play as wide players. Both Bryan and Wagstaff were so narrow on Saturday we may as well have put 2 more natural midfielders in instead of them!! This would also allow JET to play up alongside Baldock instead of out on the wing which clearly didn't suit him.

I actually think both fullbacks haven't played too bad all season, maybe at times they are stretched but Sod is expecting them to create the width so it's all well and good in practice but Wagstaff and Bryan did not cover there runs few times this season so maybe they can't be bothered to run up the pitch just to then find no one is there covering their back.

I 'd like to see Shorey start a competitive game and see how he copes in the same role as Cunningham but I don't think Cunningham as been playing as bad as some say. I think Maloney is nearer to being replaced if Sod trust Williams and Flint CB partnership then O connor to slip into RB.

Sorry we have to take the inashative. 4-3-1-2. Reid was a 5th wheel yesterday. JET in behind someone who can hold the ball up will be effective. No more mr nice guy we must start attacking..

Parish

O Connor, Flint, Williams, Shorey

Wagstaff, Pack, Bryan,

jet

Baldock Harewood

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ attack the best form of defence, go for it, give them something to worry about instead of us worrying what they might do; knock em into the middle of next week.

parish

williams Flint o'connor

maloney Elliot Pack bryan

jet

Baldock Harewood

Could work as i cant imagine shrewsbury having the best wingers or to be overly attacking. Plus bryan ans maloney work hard so would work hard as wingbacks. Gives Jet a bit more freedom and we have a liitle and large striker so that will annoy the shrewsbury back 4 and make it hard for them plus it gives us 2 options, play it around for baldock or get harewood to hold it up and link jet and baldock into play. this very much depends on how solid/well the back 3 play and also and how shrewsbury set up to play. it could lead to more goals conceeded or we could destroy them!j ust a different idea and shape to the current one being played.

Anyone know whether Carey is fit? We need a couple of games out of him. I'd get Harewood and Elliott in too. At least we'd have spine (or should that be back bone?).

Nobody performed well on Saturday but Fielding, Maloney and Cunningham have been consistently shaky so I'd give them a rest (disappointing as they are apparently part of the brave new world).

Obviously the line-up will be picked to match up the strengths of Shrewsbury but for what it's worth:

Parish

Carey Flint Williams

O'Connor Elliott Bryan (or Pack?) Shorey

Reid

Harewood JET

No idea whether that lot are all fit but I think that would be a more imposing team (bit harsh on Baldock maybe but I think a bigger, more physical side will help us).

parish

williams Flint o'connor

maloney Elliot Pack bryan

jet

Baldock Harewood

Could work as i cant imagine shrewsbury having the best wingers or to be overly attacking. Plus bryan ans maloney work hard so would work hard as wingbacks. Gives Jet a bit more freedom and we have a little and large striker so that will annoy the shrewsbury back 4 and make it hard for them plus it gives us 2 options, play it around for baldock or get harewood to hold it up and link jet and baldock into play. this very much depends on how solid/well the back 3 play and also and how shrewsbury set up to play. it could lead to more goals conceeded or we could destroy them!j ust a different idea and shape to the current one being played.

I don't think Maloney will ever be a wing back , general physical laws prevailing that is !!!

he simply doesn't possess the pace.... then there is the small issue of ability to contend with.

Maloney looks best to me when he is being asked to do a job of containment, and defending is an art he feels more at home with imo.

I have said this consistently, when he gets past the half way line, he is lost... however Jet did absolutely nothing to help him Saturday which made things worse.

I like Maloney..

Parish

O'Connor

Flint

Pack

Elliot

Bryan

Reid

Baldock

Harewood

Krans

Burns

Good balance and should see a tighter defence

is this a serious post ?

where is the pace in that defence.... actually where is the defence... what formation are you thinking of ?

also whilst i would like to see Burns do something other than warm the bench, i wouldn't want him exposed to this line up.... 4 forwards/attacking wingers and no JET

hence why my question on how serious you were being

like your style though :)

Archived